High Elf Customizations for Void Elves

Such an opportunity for a series of memes about the friendly Warcraft 1 Orc Repairmen that came flooding out of the dark portal…

I mean this is the whole argument here.

First of all, I am right. That quote doesn’t undo all other Warcraft Lore.

Second, they do move away from the Fel.

I’m correcting you because you’re wrong. Not because I’m trying to make Blood Elves look like a bunch of Fel abusing addicts.

I do miss Blood Mages, but the Blood Elves are a bunch of arcane addicted addicts.

And I feel like everybody forgets I play a bunch of Blood Elves.

Except it is not.

Equity would have been Void elves getting features at this time that were equitable to the other ARs, much less the race they are based on. You brought up equity and equality, but want to ignore the actual situation because the devs said they wanted to give aspects (not the whole) of the high elf aesthetic to both.

The actions of the devs in giving so much to the Void elves has created the disparity that we’re seeing, it does not turn it into equity.

1 Like

(Commentary): Show me a developer statement where another Allied Race was due to something shared with a core race, and then we can compare whether or not that is equitable. Otherwise, we’re comparing Void Elves and Blood Elves as far as equity goes.

(Observation): Again, you’re making this an issue about equality. “Void Elves got new skin tones and eye colors! So much more than other Allied Races!” However, other allied races did receive new skin tones and eye colors as well. Mechagnomes are an example. Most Allied Races received a few new eye colors as a matter of the updates to eyes in general, but this doesn’t really have any bearing on the matter of Void Elves and Blood Elves receiving the High Elf aesthetic and how that has been treated equitably rather than equally.

(Statement): Again, this is not about equality, so disparity has no meaning on it. Disparity itself is defined as inequality, not inequity.

(Query): Why do you continue to attempt to make this about equality when it is clearly a matter of equity?

4 Likes

I think someone needs their mommy to put them down for a nap. :baby: :baby_bottle:

1 Like

Fezzy is the one correct here and everyone’s pointed it out to you :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Tucks Starlagosa in

There you go sweet dreams.

I am not. Because no matter how you spin the facts, the Void elves were not treated with equity or equality. They were treated with privilege.

You bring up skin colors of mechagnomes. Do they have fantasy skin tones along the lines of night elves or draenei now? Or did they receive along with all other races that started with more human skin tones the options to get a fuller spectrum of human tones. As that is equitable.

Did the nightborne get human skin tones? LFD? Mag’har orcs? Zandalari trolls?

You keep trying to treat this as equitable by ignoring the facts that show inequitable treatment.

1 Like

Yes…I’m like:

3 Likes

I mean Starla left it open ended and didn’t insert herself into it, you just made it weird by taking on this role but okay.

1 Like

As always We want to play a High Elf. Similar, but different.

I’d prefer our own uniqueness rather than a copy of an existing race. At this point it’s obvious to everyone you don’t want something similar but different you want the same thing.

1 Like

If we were talking about other allied races you might have a point. But Exacitor was specifically referring to Void Elves and Blood Elves and the equity/equality between those two races achieving the High Elf aesthetic, not between what Void Elves got and what other allied races got. Exacitor’s point stands firm.

1 Like

I think it’s obvious we want to play High Elves.

You want to play a Void Elf good for you.

I like Void Elves. I’ve got 3. I want to play a High Elf. I’ll be able to in a week or two, but it would be nice if we had access to more of the High Elf Hairs.

1 Like

Leave it to you to make it creepy. :scream_cat:

2 Likes

gives her her bottle. "What do Goblins drink anyways? Motor oil right? It’s got to be motor oil.

No it doesn’t because Exacitors point is on about equity that requires us to just ignore the fact VEs original options are their own thing, so to talk about the HE theme for VEs it’s already into the realm of disparity because BEs only have the one main theme.

1 Like

Since Blood Elves are High Elves you want to play a blood elf. Blizzard already gave a lot of concessions, I seriously doubt the requests will end with 1 more change.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I disagree with you here Lann.

I suppose someone who wants to deny disparity would.

Do I think Blood Elves should get the Darkfallen theme? Yes. Do I think they should get it just because Void Elves are getting the High Elf theme? No.

3 Likes