High Elf Customization Request Thread

And they keep losing more and more and more.

They were referring to a name plate toggle not the tentacle one.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. But it’s not up to either of us, it’s up to Blizzard. And at this moment in time, unfortunately, you are directly asking Blizzard for blood elf hairstyles, which contradicts what you said above.

If it were up to you, and you had the power to ask for unique things in this thread, why would you ask for more blood elf stuff to be copied and pasted? :confused:

I’m not trying to be rude. I don’t like confrontation. But you are directly contradicting yourself unfortunately

An excellent question. It boils down to having what I’d like, versus what I accept is more probable and perhaps even fair.

Taking into consideration how many Void Elf players want more void customizations, and the fact that High Elven customizations already exist, it becomes selfish to ask for new assets to be devoted to High Elven options. There are no void-themed customizations that could be copy/pasted onto Void Elves to expand on that theme for them. As a result, all future void-themed customizations will have to be completely new, which will take up time and resources to make.

I’d like some High Elven hairstyles that aren’t copy/pasted from Blood Elves. I’m willing to accept more copy/pastes out of courtesy for the desires of players who want more void aesthetics on Void Elves.

2 Likes

Yes, please!

Even after they give Void Elves natural hair colors, the hair texture still looks very emo/wicked/voidy…

I really wish they’d give Void Elves the Blood Elf hairstyles, too…

At the moment, there are almost no “High Elf” looking hairstyles for Void Elves, even when you do toggle off the tentacles and give them natural hair colors.

A toggle to turn of Entropic Embrace’s graphic would also be LOVELY, as would the “High Elf” toggle.

I honestly don’t understand their vehement disagreement with giving us true High Elves… it’s mind-boggling, as it’s been that one race that we’ve asked for for… what? 16 years now?

I love my Blood Elves; I love my Void Elves; I want to be able to make true Alliance High Elves, like I can on Horde side…

No, we literally haven’t. They have ALMOST given us what we wanted. It’s like, we ALMOST won the race. Yeah?

2 Likes

“we saw your requests for having the Void Elf tentacle hairstyles to have a tentacle-free option. The team is looking into adding this customization option in 9.1.5 as well.”

1 Like

Yes.

The person you responded to was talking about getting a race name toggle.

The person you were responding to was talking about the Void Elf Tag turning into a High Elf Tag.

Not the tentacle toggle.

I missread it too at first.

No. We all can see that not another elf race is added in the next 5-15 years. You can criticize the group for many things but not this.

They will likely design such a system anyway, regardless of the Void Elves or not. It’s clear that they cannot add every human/dwarf/troll/elf race on the character creator screen, at one point they will switch over to such a system.

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t see anything mentioning a toggle for entropic embrace but maybe I’m just reading too fast lol. Just mentioning a toggle for tentacles

Oh entropic embrace. Must have misread from earlier then. Thought it was about tentacle changes. I have seen nothing on entropic.

I can see this happening in the future as well. Perhaps giving them a new racial name that can encompass both the Original Void Elves & the Alliance High Elf groups like the Silver Covenant and other groups.

3 Likes

I don’t see why not. Void Elves are High Elves, they’re the same race and same people. Racial tags at this point are nothing more than labels people use to identify themselves. Alleria is both a Void Elf and a High Elf, confirmed by Danuser iirc.

Additional racial tags should be available for all races: Undead/Forsaken, Dwarf/Wildhammer Dwarf, Night Elf/Highborne, Nightborne/Highborne, Blood Elf/High Elf/San’layn, Void Elf/High Elf, Troll/Each Troll Tribe, and a long etc.

It’s easy (at least I think it’s easy) and would make everyone happy.

But what about the racials, Lein? How can a High Elf turn blue every x seconds?

Because, again, Void Elves can identify themselves as High Elves? They’re not mutually exclusive. If it bothers you that much you have two options:

1. Macro your main abilities so that it automatically cancels the racial aura and you don’t have to see it.
  2. Ask for more Entropic Embrace skins, including one that is either invisible or very faint.

And you have a third option - use your imagination? Like, you can simply imagine it’s an Arcane spell that powers you up. Why do you need a specific High Elf racial? We already won the most important thing - regular customizations.

1 Like

So… when will these requests be satisfied? Where is the limit?
Entrope Embrace… I can see it in different colors through glyphs, yes. But else?

Oh great, this will be what kicks off the next faction conflict…void elves go rogue and steal the ruins of Silvermoon. It’ll be the WoW version of a very messy divorce, only instead of supervised visitation or alimony payments, the void elves just steal half of their old city and give it a goth make-over.

We don’t need Silvermoon.

We should build up Telogrus Rift.

Use the void storm as a source of void Essence, construct training grounds for magisters and warriors alike, homes for our people and stables for our beasts.

We could be mighty.

7 Likes

For that i can’t say. Everyone is different and People are always going to request more things for whatever race it is. Some people are happy with the options we got. And largely i am too. I can understand people who would want stuff like Paladins though as well. I’m happy with their current classes, it’s not the end of the world for me if they don’t have anymore, but again i understand people who want that. Whether that comes through a “Sub Race” system allowing you to tag as a High Elf or if the race overall gets a new name that can encompass both the Void and High Elves.

When it comes to racial tagging though High Elves arent the only race this would apply to. There’s others like the Wildhammers, other Troll Tribes & Potentiall Dark Rangers/San’layn if Blood Elves eventually get those options.

2 Likes

I think people are going to continue to want hairstyles and tattoos…

and I think whenever customization passes come around, people who want to play High Elves are going to want more options.

Entropic Embrace I think is kind of immersion breaking. So if Blizzard is giving you these options to play High Elves, your High Elf suddenly turning purple is going to effect your experience. So I think we’ll see that one continue.

The Race Name toggle: This is largely a reactionary thing. It’s sort of something that only effects you if you go on the forums. But on the other hand, we see toys that change your race name all the time. I’m not sure if they effect dialogue text. But it’s not exactly a massive ask. It just has customization implications that are bizarre. Like I said, if you toggle to High Elf title does that mean you can’t have purple skin or tentacles? So this is pretty tricky.

And then the last thing is just class requests… and people make class requests all the time for all races. Night Elves want Paladins. Blood Elves want Druids… Linxy wants that. So those requests are just out there.

The Silvermoon request is just a troll request I feel like… and what’s Silvermoon got that say, Dalaran doesn’t have? If anybody genuinely wants this I think they’re an extreme minority.

But I guess I’d ask you a counter question: “When should it be enough?”

If you want to play a High Elf and you’ve requested to play a High Elf, especially for the three years after Void Elves, then should you stop asking for the things you want?

I think there is this forum argument of, “You’re taking time away from Void Elves.” but any development takes times away from things. My Night Elf main isn’t getting customization options when they’re looking at High Mountain Tauren… and beyond that, I think that Blizzard needs to look at who is really using this stuff.

But Blizzard set themselves up for this when they added Void Elves instead of High Elves.

1 Like

Dalaran.

We don’t need some floating tentacle rocks.

There aren’t enough of them. Unless they somehow Void Bomb Silvermoon and steal their people.

Numbers don’t matter in Warcraft, if you’ve got a goldmine you can build more whatevers. But There are like, 1,000 Blood Elves, 100 High Elves and a squad of Void Elves that needs to be subtracted from those Blood Elf numbers.

Hinterlands sounds nice lately.

There is Farstriders outpost.

3 Likes