High Elf Compromise Celebration Thread

So, you know you’re still a void elf though right?

No, you didn’t win, nor did you lose. This is not a compromise. Void Elves were the compromise and now this is just additional cosmetic options.

It’s pretty stupid to claim victory when you didn’t actually achieve anything or technically even win.

You will never be a High Elf.

You are Ren’dori honey, deal with it.

7 Likes

The mad men actually did it.

1 Like

I appreciate Blizzard taking a good shot at a compromise. Better than nothing, that’s for sure. Not saying I don’t love it, though. I’m definitely going to see how better this character might look without a Void-y skin color. Since that often works better with the vast majority of Transmog sets.

5 Likes

What did we get out of this compromise?

2 Likes

Best news of Shadowlands so far! Everyone gets kind of what they wanted. Horde gets High Elves and so do we. This is good!

9 Likes

High elves

Congrats to those of you that wanted them, on both Horde side requesting blue eyes and Alliance side requesting VEs be the compromise to let them exist.

No it’s not a perfect solution and I’m sure some people will still have some sand in their undies 'bout it. But hey, it’s a step forward for the majority.

Hopefully it’ll quell some of the arguments here on the forums, which makes me happy!

So everyone (mostly…) wins here! Horray.

12 Likes

Yep. Giving Alliance-exclusive elements to Blood Elves doesn’t help, either. It’s like we asked for a handful of sunflower seeds and Ion goes “heh heh, okay kid” before blasting a mouthful of sloppy shells at our face.

Thanks anyway, Blizzard. Something’s better than nothing.

1 Like

Same!!!

1 Like

High Elves are confirmed to be on the Horde now where they belong with their Heritage.

3 Likes

I’m out of likes and trying to like things.

I will still always want high elves to be their own race but I’ll try to make the best of this for now.

10 Likes

Exactly!!!’

This is a fair compromise.
I don’t know why some people here are refusing to be even a little happy.
It feels like they just want to complain for the sake of complaining at this point.

18 Likes

Let people be happy. It costs you nothing to just shhhhh and let them be happy.

13 Likes

We got numerous threads about Alliance getting High Elves (cough cough)

Now that alliance is getting the high elf look i’m already seeing threads popping up about people wanting void elf paladins, or them to have less of a void aesthetic or to lead them away from that path.

It’s totally fine to be happy about getting new customization options but I just feel like these people will never be happy until they get they official “high elf” title. These same people are writing other threads on the forum claiming victory for getting high elves when there was no victory whatsoever. There was a compromise. The compromise was void elves and then they added extra options to those.

The fact that people are trying to claim victory over one side kinda irks me. No, you didn’t win because you didn’t get high elves, nor did the non-high elf camp win.

My point is, where does it end? lol

10 Likes

Yup, void elves did need customization, but it should had stayed with the theme. Like pure black/ dark purple skin tones a d purple/black eyes. Giving them literal blood elf skin tones is stepping out of line.

1 Like

Fairly certain that even if people actually got High elves they would still find issues with it.

9 Likes

they absolutely would. this is closer to high elves than i thought blizzard would ever do and some people still are salty about it

2 Likes

They’re not high elves though, if anything they’re closer to blood elves.

Plus they have that hideous purple racial with swampy hair colors

3 Likes