High Elf Compromise Celebration Thread

This is still my issue, that said with the new skin tones it very easy to just pretend I was one of the Alleria loyal high elves of the alliance who has started learning the ways of void magic. As those elves are present in the rift its a plausable backstory, thus, I would have never been part of the horde, and never been a bloodelf.

2 Likes

Disagree compleatly, leaning the ways of the void should lock you out of ever becoming a paladin. Void elf paladin is as much of a contradiction as you could get. A paladin who can use spacial rift simply dosen’t add up…

1 Like

Yes, I’m having a hard time imagining Void Elf Paladins… perhaps a new “class” skin for Paladins named Void Knight, available for Void Elves and Undead. It’d simply be the Paladin class, but Void-centered.

2 Likes

I’d be fine with that, so long as they give them purple spell effects instead of the golden light ones… Which is something we haven’t seen done yet. Sunwalkers should have got unique spell effects too to show they arn’t actually paladins, but that didn’t happen either.

1 Like

I hope they at least make the Void Elf-High Elf underwear blue. Just to help separate them from Blood Elves a bit more.

2 Likes

I agree! I believe I read somewhere that devs were reluctant to do this as that would imply a lot of work whenever they wanted to update a Paladin spell for example. But it’d be sooo cool. The same with other classes, like Void Fire Mage :heart_eyes:

They are!!!

They are everything High Elves are but better. They have their history, ideals, culture, but with a cool new take. Void Elves are better than High Elves.

1 Like

Oh? Where’s that confirmed?

Click on the link! :slight_smile: It’s a blue who said it

It’s no different than Dwarf players who are happy that they’re getting Wildhammer tattoos, even if they’re not their own race. You’ll always have holdouts, but this is not as egregious as it could have been.

Blue eyes on the Horde’s Blood Elves without a concession given to the Alliance’s High Elves would have been the continued and deliberate disregard of the game’s own world building.

I think Void Elves are lame. Attaching tentacles and dipping them in Void does not make them cooler than what they are.

What link? :eyes:

This one:

1 Like

That’s good, then. Hopefully we’ll hear about more hair options/colours soon. Thanks for the link :smile:

To me it does, you know opinions?

Yeah that’s what I’m pointing out.

I don’t accept lore about high elves learning the void or becoming void elves en mass. Keep it simple. Say that they have joined together as a faction and high elves have not embraced the void. I am not asking for it immediately however I do ask that the racials and possibly even the name of the “race” be changed over time.

1 Like

No, Void Elves are a new Allied race and what you want does nothing but water them down. They are not High Elves and never will be.

1 Like

That is exactly my point. Don’t try to force them to be something they aren’t. Keep it simple and have them be a combined allied race just like all the various mag’har clans are combined or how wildhammer and now combined with bronzebeard dwarves for customization.

1 Like

To be honest, i am already bitter about both faction sharing models, more so with shared skin tone.

I may not like it, but what’s done is done. Congrats to all pro high elfers who is happy with this compromise.

Just to be clear, this is NOT sarcasm.

1 Like

The only issue I see is destroying lore to cater to a handful of players who will continue to complain about everything anyway. That’s the only bigger issue I see, and it’s a real one.