High Elf Compromise Celebration Thread

I do not see why they don’t keep a few things separate, add some high elf/ Allerian-esque flavors to her race. All the while building blood elf themes for blood elves only.

I guess there is the problem of void elves being former blood elves, so I suppose they should/could have BE vestiges.

What is vestiges?

Also the thing with being former BEs they’re technically traitors so even if you were a former BE who became a VE after the original VEs, maybe it’s just in name. As in allegiance to Alleria etc. so you still wouldn’t imo have claim to BE themes anymore.

At this point, I’d rather they just kill of High Elves than continue to dance around trying to give them to us, this days been a headache for me.

If they want to make this our official “High Elves avenue”, then i feel its only right to ask for more “High elf” customizations for Void Elves.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXnWI84X0AIm4Wh.jpg

So while I don’t think VE should get like, every BE hair color, I do hope we get some HE hair colors, which might be different from BE’s (less warm)

Let’s be honest, it would be weird to stick to the “no blonde” rule when Hair color is ostensibly the easiest thing to change about one’s appearance in real life. Also weird from an in universe perspective that your skin doesn’t change, but your hair does?

I do believe VE’s need white hair now tho, more than ever, since VE Hair colors look like “dark” hair now on the new skin tones.

2 Likes

Traces of/ and or pieces of a former part. In this case they would some void corrupted blood elf heritage, but their own twist on it. Then leave blood elves to be their own thing.

I think they should add Paladin as a class to them and NEs.

And yeah lore added to encompass explicitly that HEs are considering themselves under the name VEs now.

I hope this is it, truly.

Maybe when AR get their actual revampt, VE’s will get more Alleria inspired customizations (braid, feathers, tattoos)

Because if this is how we are getting High Elves, it would be nice to look as close as we imagine our characters as possible, as per the revamped customization notions overall.

I imagine a world were i can just choose to be “High elf” under the Void elf racials, especially if this option just means that they grouped up.

1 Like

Totally agree, especially if I could get those Alleria like themes… for now though, since I don’t find Highelves thematically pleasing for a Warrior, and cannot be a VE Paladin… chances of me playing one are slim. I’d rather have NE Paladin personally.

They had the chance to do that during Legion. Right now, after a war, is not the right time for something like this, because the high elves hold themselves to a standard of not delving or dealing with questionable powers. The war with the Legion was the perfect time to make a major change to them as a race because desperation and dire circumstances opens one to things they would normally not consider. I’d have a much easier time believing Veressa and the Silver Covenant agree to take the void into themselves to help turn the tide against the Burning Legion.

In a time of ceasefire after a major war, on the other hand, not so much. At that point it’s a contrivance that attempts to try to make a previous contrivance less conspicuous.

I see so you mean in terms of new VEs or ones that keep the skin tone (presumably new VEs) would still keep Void Themes.

I’m okay with that and support that. I know some wouldn’t but it is what it is. I just hope for lore additions added for explicit validation people are HEs that never left the Alliance.

1 Like

The thing I like about that is, it makes me more okay with advocating for Paladin. If you’re basically just a HE but under the VE creation screen it makes it much harder to play on BE themes.

I just hope the non- void themes don’t steal too much from Blood elves, and they take on the Alleria style, the tats and everything.

This entire crusade to me? I just did not really care.

But I will say this. Watching the High Elf crowd in their vindication is like reading that scene from the last Harry Potter when the House Elves burst out of the kitchen and attack the death eaters.

I may have had no horse in this race, but damned if watching people who got kicked down constantly have a win is fun to watch.

That said, any Hordies upset by this? Use this as an impetus to argue for something actually worth having! You should be demanding dwarves, if you had any sense, and stop worrying about your mutant trolls.

Was thinking the same, if High Elves are joining Void Elves, under the Void elf banner, there should be a Paladin avenue.

I don’t think they will. I’m actually more at ease about it now then I was before. If it’s under the umbrella of going by the name Void Elf. I’m a lot more at ease with not thinking HE fans will start asking for BE story. As they may be HEs but the VE theme prevents them from having the same level of validation when coming up with ideas. Like the notion Quel’thalas belongs to the HEs of the Alliance and not Sin’dorei that no matter how small a vocal minority always bugged me.

EDIT; it also puts to bad that awful idea about taking BEs off the Horde and making it a neutral race for either side to pick, which would arguably give rise to more people wanting Quel’thalas. So that idea is also halted. So again this seems to be a way for the best of both worlds and the Alliance HE doesn’t infringe on BE things under the banner of the Void Elves, I’m liking it more and more it just needs lore additions.

1 Like

Fixed. /10char

THANK YOU PREACH MY FRIEND. I don’t understand how the pro high elf community is okay with this BS compromise, I feel cheated :frowning:

1 Like

We didn’t ask for blood elves for the alliance, we asked for high elves. There was a thousand ways they could have handled this better my friend :frowning:

1 Like

Should be tho? I mean I would like it, more class/race combos, better, but “should” implies necessity, with I just don’t agree paladins are for either VE or HE themes.

Honestly it’s just an issue of framing, I don’t mind it either way and I would make my VE Warrior a Paladin if I could, but what I personally want and what I truly believe High Elves need are different things sometimes, and I don’t see how VE/HE need paladins.

Void shaman, who we have seen now several times show up, now those would have been a REALLY cool addition to VE’s, and help make them more unique in elven terms.