High Elf and Wildhammer Customizations should have quests

Yeah on my void elf im using the normal skin options but i fully identify the character as a void elf.
Using the white skin is an RP decision so my character blends in to society without people noticing the void that runs through them.

The customisation is not a hard and fast rule of “if you use it you are not a void elf”
Trying to force this in would be lame.

A questline about normal high elves joing the void elf ranks and gaining void powers however would be a great addition to bridge the gap for players.

7 Likes

Agreed. I have no issues with those who want to RP as Helfs whatsoever. There’s no rule against it. It’s RP. But it’s just a Velf customization.

What they need to do is add text to Telogrus Rift, saying they figured out how to harness the power of those Void portals they’re screwing with and can create more Velfs. There are already Helfs out there studying, as well.

Otherwise, their ranks stagnate.

5 Likes

I honestly dont think they’ll ever be happy

5 Likes

This doesn’t make sense to me. High elf options for Blood and Void elves are simply colors. We’d be talking about an entire story that would justify them for both Void and Blood Elves, which isn’t in game.

How about dumping allied races entirely and moving to the concept of racial sub-customizations by rolling all allied race into their base (or making them real races if they have no base race). If I get my character’s tooltip to say “high elf” instead of void elf I’d happily do an account-unlock quest chain. Without that though it’s pointless.

9 Likes

The not-void side of void elves that was tacked on due to uproar over the Alliance not getting a near-exact copy of blood elves has been embellished enough. The customizations were added in two separate patches and weren’t even supposed to exist in the first place. They were also copypasted from blood elves instead of being new assets, so it’s understandable they wouldn’t get any fanfare in-universe.

The void elves’ story hasn’t been developed since they were introduced, as the entire race was created to prop up Alleria’s story, and once she stopped being relevant, so did they. And if they ever end up in the spotlight again, then they should not have to share it with the race that’s spent every expansion either as filler NPCs, quest givers in a single zone, or not present at all.

No, they don’t. The options are meant to represent a middle ground between void elves and blood elves, not the former subsuming another race’s identity. They’re still referred to as void elves, they don’t get different spell effects for their racials like draenei using man’ari customization, and there are no void elf NPCs that look like anything other than how they did on release.

The idea of blonde hair and blue eyes being intrinsic to the high elf identity just proves that the high elf crowd has a single, specific vision of what they want the race to be: the lightest skin, the lightest hair, blue eyes (the only thing separating them from blood elves until the latter eventually got that, too), and paladins (the class that they insist is a vital part of the fantasy despite named high elf paladins being extremely few), and any deviation from that vision is heretical.

6 Likes

It was lore that they developed that way after being away from the waters of the Well of Eternity. High elves aren’t all pale white but they do have blue eyes due to the initial arcane waters of the original Sunwell before it was destroyed. Thus why Blood Elves had green and yellow eyes.

If you’re trying to make a connection to anti-semitism then I’m going to ask you kindly to stop and seek help.

3 Likes

every time a race that isnt blood elf gets something they’re always there tapping their feet “but aren’t you forgetting somebody???” like they’re the most underserved players in the game next to night elves who have had 3 expansions worth of focus on them

1 Like

This is the correct way to go about it. Allied races were a poorly thought out concept from the start. Almost as if it was just an excuse for people to go out and grind boring reps.

1 Like

Never once was that my intention, and judging by your previous posts, it seems like you’re trying to kick the hornet’s nest again.

4 Likes

Posts like

say otherwise.

I just pointed out that high elf supporters tend to have a shared ideal vision of what high elves should be. You’re the one bringing race and mental problems into it.

6 Likes

Yeah that post is a major yikes, I mean I just finished reading through this thread right now but yeah that person is giving those big yikes vibes.

6 Likes

That’d be nice. I’d like the option to disable the visual effects from entropic embrace as a void elf with high elf skin. (Eredar draenei get a different racial visual effect depending on their eye colour, it’d be cool if it was that way for void elves/high elves).

Otherwise, i don’t really think we need much more for high elf customization other than more hair options. After that’d i’d really advocate adding more void elf themed customizations. I’m all for them expanding on existing factions in the old world, be it high elves, blood elves, forest trolls, etc. I’d just like more focus on the races of the old world as opposed to all this new crap like Dracthyr.

More customization is always good in a game with such lackluster customization options in the first place.

3 Likes

Hmm, Quel’dorei racial tags come up on occasion when it comes to both Void Elves and Blood Elves as playable races, which is fine with me.

Fiercelord made some very Alleria and Silver Covenant inclined shades for the Void Elf heritage sets, that would be most welcome.

I really wish they’d release alternative colors for heritage sets in general, especially pre-existing assets.

Aside from alternative colors, I do wish we’d get robed and ranger esque looking variants for our chestpiece, as our chest is very much a bra with a collar on it, as this actually happens to be my main concern with our armor.

That and having the Starcursed wings being a barbershop option, rather than tied to the chest. With maybe an alternative color or two, and possibly floating orbs/spheres as alternative.

When it comes to floating spheres, I would also suggest such a cosmetic options also being extended to Blood Elves if it ever happens, with more Light inclined options for them and a Phoenix in a similar manner.

5 Likes

should be standalone races. High Elves don’t dabble in void and Wildhammer Dwarves are supposed to be taller, leaner and wilder than Bronzebeard Dwarves

1 Like

All of these reworks would be much easier if High Elves become a seperate, alliance playable race from Void Elves

1 Like

Can’t believe all Nightborne agreed joining the Horde just because Tyrande hurt Thalyssra’s feelings. Unplayable Nightborne NPCs should be allowed in Alliance cities

5 Likes

The High Elves are an endangered species. RIP High Elves.

There were proposals to give High Elves darker skin options to make them distinct, and people are okay with it. But then, Blizz took the idea and gave them to Blood Elves instead

1 Like

This is very long overdue.

Agreeing and disagreeing at the same time. The overall quality of Void Elf customization has been very poor, not addressing enough of the core issues for stomping out a non-existent race from the ground. And we need subrace titles for both the Wildhammers and High Elves on Alliance.

5 Likes