High Elf and Wildhammer Customizations should have quests

Night Warrior, Darkfallen, and Man’ari customizatons are tied into quests and have been established as apart of the lore for right, wrong or indifferent reasons. However the customizations for High Elves/Quel’dorei and Wildhammers don’t have any quests.

What gives? I feel like if we had quests for these customization options then people could connect better with the characters they’re playing at least from an rper perspective.

So Blizzard, can we please have quests tying on with the customizations.

14 Likes

Adding the quests this long after the fact would be a bit weird.

5 Likes

I’m hoping we get a dwarf expansion with lots of wildhammers. They weren’t nearly focal enough in Cata, imho. Always loved their connection to gryphons, and need more feathered friend stories.

ALSO any dwarf druid NPC needs to be a wildhammer. Would love to see them included in whatever quest comes that opens the class to other races.

7 Likes

For those of us that have been playing since BFA or playing during BFA. Yes. But its also weird to not have a High Elf and Wildhammer allied race.

4 Likes

They were introduced a long time ago before they had time to spend on questlines.

Also: a clan already part of things doesn’t need a questline. And Velfs don’t need a questline to be Velfs. They already had one.

Allowing demons and dead things we fought against as enemies into the fold required questlines. Even if they were bad questlines.

1 Like

I was hoping we would get that in Dragonflight with one of the characters being featured in the cinematic being a Wildhammer.

3 Likes

If High Elf and Wildhammer Customizations with Quests were to happen I would like to see a Class and Item Reward as well as new faction for the Void Elves that never had a Alliance Thalassian Exile Faction much like with the Dark Rangers and etc.

For Wildhammer Dwarves I would like to see more Skin Tunes, Variety color tattoos, Wild Hairstyles, Dwarf Druids, and Wildhammer Dwarf Flag as a Toy and Wildhammer Dwarf Armor outfit.

For the High Elves have them be rework of the Void Elves of having better heritage armor that looks like the Warcraft 2 or 3 units of blood mage, ranger, and etc, normal elf hairstyles, war tattoos, shades of brown, orange, blonde, and etc hair colors, beards, jewelry, and of course the Void Elf Paladins too.

5 Likes

Dark irons are another clan but we got them as an allied race.

Quel’dorei are different than ren’dorei. I’m talking about Quel’dorei customization.

3 Likes

Which was dumb, imo. They were already a customization. I still don’t understand why they were an AR.

You live in your headcanon all you want, but all they did was create Velf options to look like Alleria. You’re still a Velf.

4 Likes

But we have gotten nothing but high elf customization. Well, and darkfallen, but I’m taking that as consolation for not getting n’zoth eyes and gray skin. There isn’t anything they could add to void elves at this point to be more high elven, and don’t say hair because we got more hair (that doesn’t have tentacles, and a toggle to remove the void aspect).

Asking for more “high elf” customization at this point is a troll

4 Likes

That be neato, more race quests are cool to add depth, the high elf customization could be Lor’themar welcoming all the high elves who hadn’t yet join the horde as proud members of the horde.

It would make it official that high elves are blood elves and I think the high elf fans would be happy to finally have a home.

1 Like

We actually don’t have enough considering that void elf hairstyles are limited compared to that of the blood elves. If you think about it for Alliance side in comparision it’s severely lacking.

And it’s not trolling asking for the same things that everyone gets. It’s mote trolling to accuse anyone of doing such when you can’t see the big picture.

4 Likes

This would be nice. Especially if it gave us some heritage like options? (adding some for those others you’ve now mentioned not unlike what the Dark Rangers got their armor.)

6 Likes

Yes! Exactly. It annoys me that while dwarves got wildhammer customization but the heritage armor was that for Bronzebeard. Wildhammer is a big part of that dwarf lore. So there should be some wildhammer gear to accompany it.

11 Likes

The big picture is that Blizzard is so far behind on customization compared to other titles in the genre, and yet still thinks it’s a job well done to release a handful of poorly textured hair colors every few months. This isn’t even touching on races that haven’t been touched since their release.

I’m not going to feign ignorance of how high elf threads have been used to rile people up, and actually act as a detriment to support for new cosmetics as a whole. Void elves having few choices isn’t equivalent to needing more high elf customization. Common cause would lead you to say void elves need new customization.

The inclusion of the subrace option as dominant in the request is what makes it controversial - open to suspicion for intent.

7 Likes

Because they are void elves, not high elves.

12 Likes

With the blonde hair and blue eyes they become high elves and should have the same hairstyles. Since they both originate.

And technically speaking void elves are biologically high elves as are blood elves. The difference being that blood elf is a political leaning. And that void elves were exiled for exploring the void.

3 Likes

This was uncalled for. Their post was well thought out and explained. Whether you like it or not, they’re not wrong about the intent of most Helf stuff. And again, they gave you Alleria Velf options for your Velf.

There is zero reason to add questlines for things that have been in the game and part of the races and factions for years now.

No, they become Alleria-style Velfs. Again, you can live in your headcanon all you want, that’s totally fine, but what you got were Alleria-style Velfs, not a separate race.

Dear god let’s not go through all of this again. There’s enough Helf/Belf/Velf controversy to last a lifetime around here. Including, apparently, Discords that attack everyone over it. This is the last thing we need. Again. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s not my headcanon, it’s the lore. If you don’t like it then you can leave the thread and stop being so antagonistic. Perhaps you’re part of the problem.

4 Likes

There is zero lore to state that the customizations for your Velf are anything but Alleria-style Velf customizations.

I’m not the one telling people to go touch grass. Look to thine own self.

And which problem is that? Attacking others for no reason? Turning threads into a controversial debate over the different elves? Because that wasn’t me.

Maybe calm down. Different people have different opinions. You don’t have to get hostile at those who don’t agree with you.

4 Likes