High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

The horde doesn’t have exclusive rights to thalassian elves either.

And again, the moment the horde got slightly altered night elves was the moment the skin color exclusivity argument went out the window.

If the horde can have elves with purple skin, why can’t we have high elves? Just give them exclusive skin tones that the belves don’t have.

13 Likes

Spoilers!

by the looks of some of the broadcast text, the undead Night elves could possibly be the next Allied race. So that would be another trope the Horde would steal from the alliance.

1 Like

I don’t look at it as stealing. With them, I’d hope they would add undead blood elves as well.

Yeah, I saw that. Not surprised given that sira and delaryn went from watching sylvanas burn innocents alive to working with her.

They had rights to their visuals the moment they were releases as a playable race on the Horde.

Different is Nightborne don’t look exactly like Night elves, and that Night elves don’t only have a choice of 1 skin tone like Blood elves.

Because Blood elves, and Night elves aren’t identical cases, they don’t each have the options in terms of customization each of them has so if a race shares a theme with the other its important WHICH themes are chosen, especially if that theme is more crucial to defining that race’s visual appearance.

3 Likes

Nothing is suggesting they’re going to be playable, and considering that Calia is close to the Alliance it’s equally likely that they might be a allied race for the Alliance.

1 Like

actually we do. what you want is the replication of the theme of a core horde race to the alliance(a light skinned and MAJESTIC elf, which is a blood elf). this violates the integrity of the horde in a game where the factions derive their distinctiveness from the races that comprise those factions. it means that a core horde race, and THE most popular horde race, becomes neutral. this is unfair to the horde faction. it is also unfair to the blood elves to have a bunch of alliance players saying that they are the ‘true high elves’ and that the blood elves are the imposters. continue the void elf bashing by all means while you main them, but no one is going to call them the ‘true high elves,’ lets be real

2 Likes

We don’t want the High Elves to look like Blood Elves. As we have suggested, they would look completely different. More different than the Void Elves compared to the Blood Elves.

6 Likes

As long as they aren’t “fair-skinned, blonde haired” elves, you’re good to go.

1 Like

I really don’t like that description being used against us. “fair-skinned and blonde hair”. You know that isn’t the reason why we want them. Look to our suggestions and you will see how different they look. White to black skin tones, varying hair colors that are more like humans, with maybe some shades of silver/blue. Different eyes, glowing and non-glowing, and different posture, likely using the night elf skeleton. It has never been about “fair-skinned and blonde hair”, which makes us sound like racists and a poor attempt to put us down. Not saying that is what you’re doing, but the message is still there and it’s wrong.

8 Likes

Okay if that “isn’t the reason” you want them, and yet is the biggest reason getting in the way of making them playable, then why not change it? If you, yourself have no problem with a “Dark/black” toned elf, then this clearly doesn’t apply to you, but if that is what you’re striving for, while also telling others that it isn’t an important theme, then it’s contradicting.

5 Likes

We have. The skin tones that Blood Elves have are different from Humans. It is a matter of wanting the whole range of Human skins tones for the High Elves. High Elves can have pale to dark skin tones, black, brown, blonde, natural red, and silver/blue hair colors. It isn’t a contradiction at all.

What would be a contradiction would be to have the exact skeleton, model, skin tones, hair, and so on as the Blood Elves. But we made it clear, that isn’t what we are striving for.

1 Like

‘high’ elves cannot be portrayed differently from blood elves because both groups are the same and divided only by an irrelevant political opinion post war campaign. it makes as much sense as trying to differentiate stormwind humans from one another over who they voted for(if they could vote). and there is no reason blood elves couldnt also have these darker skin tones. void elves are what development ended up with when they tried to differentiate a group of blood/high elves meaningfully from the rest of the group. they are the answer to this request

4 Likes

This feels like “I don’t want playable High Elves in any form so i’ll write a wall of nonsense to say no to any alternative”.

Classic Fyrebusche. It’s her alt if anyone don’t know.

10 Likes

Because as long as the skin tones are not the exact shades as the blood elves then they will be as different as nightborne are from night elves. Same with the hair. Same basic colors but different shades of them.

We shouldn’t have to forego skin tones and hair colors just because some people equate them with blood elves.

4 Likes

Void Elves even get to have all the great hair options.

1 Like

To be fair, most of the pro arguments tend to read as “I want to play a blood elf but I don’t like the horde so I’ll write tomes of nonsense to justify my wants” to me.

6 Likes

We already have a replication of a Horde’s core race and theme with the Void Elves. Being purple didn’t make them less thalassian, and aside from the void magic they’re about as Blood Elf as you can get

Blood Elves could have darker skin tones. I can definitely see them in a darker shade of red mixed with brown. And the same could be said for the Nightborn. Before their change, they looked exactly like Night Elves. Now, they use the Night Elf skeleton with some adjustments.

The High Elves have been away from the influence of Blood Elves for many years now. They live different lives and have a different culture. You can consider it the same thing for the Kul Tiran Humans. That they are still humans, but their difference in lifestyle has lead to differences in posture and shape. Two people of the same race, but look very different.

Easy fix to that is give Blood Elves more hair options as well. Fuller hair, more stylized. Actual beards, rather than the patches. How I would love to put an actual beard on my paladin Blood Elf.

2 Likes

Literally the biggest request after tattoos and about equil with half elves.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329725237438578688/497559136259801088/HighElfMockup.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/433270544218062849/501913151353257994/raphah_edit.jpg

https://66.media.tumblr.com/384af1931b0d72433d58e4013c5ac47a/tumblr_pi08h6VWIb1smv67eo2_1280.png

Art by Talendrion.

5 Likes