High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

blood elves ARE high elves and the blood elves have the right to decide what a high elf is. playable alliance high elves would take that away from blood elves

1 Like

This could also be used for a full on Half Elf if the ears were shortened.

10 Likes

Well given that they call themselves “blood elves” and the ones loyal to the alliance “high elves” I think it’s safe to say they’ve exercised that right.

12 Likes

Half elves I believe would be best used as extra customization for high elves. As it stands they practically function as the same society.

It isn’t so much a half elf or 3/4ths elf or whatever so much as it is these are included into what the modern high elf is. While it ranges from pure to various levels of mixed heritage they all belong in the same group as far as they themselves act.

10 Likes

Anasterian withdrew Quel’thalas but many high elves chose to stay. That’s why you saw high elven units in the human faction in WC3.

You talk about lore but use ingame mechanics as your source of information. In lore High elves have considerable presence in Stormwind, Dalaran, Arathi Highlands, Hinterlans and Outlands. Plus they have historical leaders and an alliance with humans that is more than 2000 years old.

16 Likes

no its for gameplay reasons. the time to completely remove high/blood elf units from the alliance would have been in wc 4

if you completely finish warcraft 3 they were betrayed by the alliance, they left and then joined the horde. the story moved on

:eyes: Those Half Elves :eyes:

Thicccccccccc

10 Likes

They were betrayed by some Lordaeron fellows, which are currently represented by the Forsaken.

:laughing:

11 Likes

The Alliance didn’t betray the high elves.

1. Garithos was just a local lord. He never held a high office rank in the Alliance. And he was a bigot yes.

2. The BLOOD elves were the ones who served under Garithos they were Kaelthas elves who later escaped to Outland and later we fought them in the BC expansion. The blood elves who joined the Horde never met Garithos. They stayed in Quelthalas the whole times and joined the red team only because they have no choice. They refused many offers from the Forsaken but seeing the Scourge will kill them they reluctantly accepted to be part of the Horde.

11 Likes

No matter how many threads we have to create, I’ll still show my support to this idea.
Not having High Elves in the Alliance from the very beginning was one of Blizzard’s worst mistakes.

16 Likes

This looks like a peach skinned Nightborne.

1 Like

yea it looks off to me too. wish i could get that hair color tho. the kirin tor blood elf in the horde portal room has it ive seen other NPC blood elves with it too

1 Like

I’m all in for the Half Elves. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey Lydon. Just wanted to let you know that silences do not bar you from trust level 3. Here’s some proof.

6 Likes

^This. High Elves should have been a playable race since day 1, with a faction leader and a capital city. 15 year later and we’re still begging Blizzard to add them as an allied race which is “secondary, not important” race. Shame

11 Likes

I love the dark skin tones on these. I would LOVE to see High Elves with dark skin tones it’d be amazing.

11 Likes

That being said, I like the current High Elf narrative. Being a broken people who have fallen on hard times, who have had to prove themselves time and time again to a suspicious Alliance, only to prove themselves as some of the most stalwart and loyal of all the Alliance races is kind of a nice story arc. Especially when you consider the fair-weather friendship High Elves had towards the Alliance previously. There’s a lot to work with there, narratively, in that High Elves have been shown - and shown in kind - that the Alliance is more than just mutual protection when convenient. Those roots run much deeper now than anyone would have previously thought, and I think that’s an interesting contrast between them and Blood Elves in that both groups have come to understand the meaning and value of loyalty through different paths.

11 Likes

looks at silvermoon and lorthemar

the vast majority of thalassian elves joined the horde. as stated multiple times by blizzard, they are high elves with the right to define what it means to be a playable high elf in WoW (which happens to be as a horde blood elf). the tiny group of alliance loyal thalassian elves who are thematically, biologically and culturally identical to the blood elves should not have the right to redefine what it means to be a high elf because they kept an adjective. keeping them as NPCs and story tools maintains that :+1:

2 Likes

Same. I feel that there’s a solid subsection of elves that haven’t been explored much. They can do a lot with a ranger-mage culture of Wood Elf/High Elf themes that have more mundane lifestyles which as a result give them “farmer tans” and such.

I honestly want Basic Elves. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I loved that first mission invading Quel’Thalas in RoC’s Undead campaign. Those vibrant little High Elven hamlets with their thatched roofs, pretty gardens, bubbling streams and vine-covered ruins really captured something that I don’t think WoW has anymore, and I just love the idea of High Elves recapturing that sort of ‘rural elf’ theme.

16 Likes