Hide my name option here on forums like in overwatch2

oooo I hope we get to keep using our characters’ portraits. That’s the one thing I don’t like about Diablo’s forums - they just give a few generic portraits and everyone looks the same lol

1 Like

well they should make the wow forums just like overwatch lobbies

1 Like

Because some posters keep pushing for it.

Alts are easy to find.

This is the only thing that should be a thing and it still isn’t a big thing.

Sounds like a dragon to me.

1 Like

Same. I think we should have one solid name, like a username or btag, but still have the ability to change our character’s portrait and, maybe, have the character name underneath. Or the username underneath.

Currently, if you switch characters, no one knows who you are unless they look you up or you tell them. You lose your post count and you lose your trust level. Your ignore list also gets wiped.

Would be nice to keep all that while still being able to show off your other characters.

2 Likes

I agree, the WoW forums should be just like the Overwatch forums!

That’s the first good take that you’ve had!

5 Likes

Oh yea, how they have battletags visible there

Strange they changed their mind

4 Likes

Crazy right?

4 Likes

i fully support this, that would be an absolute miracle for the wow forums.

1 Like

I know, right?

Well, I won’t worry about it too much, but it’s good to know that Khrog’s latest burner account is on board. Better late than never!

2 Likes

that would definitely help a lot of players feel safe to post here without being ridiculed or stalked because of said opinion.

1 Like

i agree 100%, a hide your name feature would help the wow forum users feel safer.

1 Like

that’s the whole point. Blizzard overwatch already did this because of those problems. We need that here too.

1 Like

Here’s a thought, do you know what stalking means, and do you ever think about those who have been stalked?

Also, you created the same thread not long ago, and that was locked by Moderation. Creating the same thread again comes down to spamming and trolling. Plus, this has been explained to you with the dangers of anonymous posting, something to which the reason Blizzard would’ve never add it to the forums.

8 Likes

It’s by the same person too

8 Likes

this seems to be a good idea… people who choose to hide their names are allowed to do so and those who do not want to hide their names can show their names if they so choose, seems like a win-win situation to me.

I post on a variety of characters depending on the situation. If a reply to a topic seems to make more sense coming from a certain race or class iʻll switch to one of those. But generally iʻll stick to my main for most discussions.
But that is just how i do it. YMMV

If someone opted to ‘hide their name’, would there be any identifying marks? or would it simply be the WoW avatar - like yours - and Anonymous as the handle? No post counter, no achievement counter, no level, no race, no class, correct?

Can we use this thread as an example of your many personalities?

8 Likes

You are 1 person.

9 Likes

Agreed.

They don’t need to know.

2 Likes