Hide my name option here on forums like in overwatch2

can we aknowledge that blizzard overwatch2 implemented such future because actually people are stalking and harassing others.

So this option could be useful here too to protect people from being stalked.

1 Like

In this case, your safest bet is to stay off the forums altogether.

2 Likes

They did it to prevent IN-GAME disruption to their Stream. After all, Influencers are also part of marketing for game companies and products.

You are free to ask for exactly what they have on the OW2 forums though, which is

:tada: :tada: :sparkler: :sparkler:BATTLETAGS!!! :tada: :tada: :sparkler: :sparkler:

14 Likes

They implemented Btags on the Overwatch 2 forums because of stalking from anonymous alts?

Wild.

Good for them!

1 Like

I hope if they do btags classic characters donā€™t remain outside being included

Btags are account level, you dont create a character to post here, you post on your btag.

1 Like

Okay iā€™m just saying when thatā€™s added i wouldnā€™t want classic characters to still exist outside of what ever the way they sort of do now. Idk if that poster was already saying that or not i just wanted to make that point just in case.

Yep and I was just explaining how it works. Its a bit like they decided to create a forum avatar that people had to make to be able to post here, and it was the only avatar they could use. ESO actually does that. Using the btag is just another way of creating a single posting method.

2 Likes

You can not have battle tags in mmorpg forums. Because we have many characters, which are our identity.

Your characters arent posting here, you are. It is people who cause the issues and peopleā€™s behaviour needs to be addressed. If that means limiting the damage by limiting the options to hide behind alts, so be it.

4 Likes

Many of the same people who want battletags on the forum will complain about battletags on the forum if it happens. This is one of those ā€œyou think you do but you donā€™tā€ things.

3 Likes

i am night elf and i am posting here.

You donā€™t get to address posters behavior here, Blizzard does. The most you get to do is report it to Blizzard unless you plan on harassing people. This isnā€™t some wild west vigilante thing.

1 Like

Agreed. Most who are against hide my name future like to stalk profile picture, forum posts to ridicule poster for no reason. and it sucks.

1 Like

I like this idea. We all can get random names and numbers like you see on other sites. Still anon but you can see whoā€™s trolling even with the fake tags. Fund it, Blizzard.

1 Like

Again, an opinion. Iā€™ve never said Iā€™m in charge. There is an ongoing problem with GD which the introduction of the btag would do a lot to help improve. And suggesting I would harass anyone is a bit insulting.

But Im heading out of this post as its going towards the problem that always evolves when the matter of the btag is brought up. I hear a capuccino calling my name and I plan to make it happen.

1 Like

You said that posters behavior needs to be addressed. Posters donā€™t get to address behavior, only Blizzard does.

2 Likes

that could work too.

ā€¦ I absolutely do not identify as a fox.

2 Likes

This is incorrect, in game match not on OW forum. Stop lying!

But you can already do this. This character is my example of it. Prove me wrong.

1 Like