Hide bag slot number

Hi all, on one of my low lvl alts it’s displaying a number on top of the backpack icon (showing the amount of free space in my bags). I remember there used to be an option to hide this but I can’t find it now. How do I turn this number off? Thanks for any help!

Located in display section of interface. Bottom right. (Using memory. Bottom right may be wrong, but definitely in display tab of interface. )

I’m not seeing it there, unfortunately:
https:// i.imgur. com/pDRKgSh.png (remove spaces)

just popped onto the game. Looks like they removed the option altogether. Really rubbing my head on when that changed, since I recall it being there.

Are you sure that’s not an addon doing that? I have to mouse over the backpack to see how many empty slots there are, there’s no number displayed on the bag itself.

My UI and interface options had reset when I logged in today, and now on all of my characters it displays the number on the backpack. I did turn off all addons to see if that was the issue, but that didn’t fix it.

I tried doing a full UI reset, and now I’m seeing it too. There must be a setting somewhere that turns it off, but I don’t know where it is (yet). Let me do a bit more digging.

/run C_CVar.SetCVar("displayFreeBagSlots", 0)

2 Likes

Putting this in the chat and then reloading after worked! Thank you so much.

It looks like that gets saved in WTF/Account/account_name/config-cache.wtf. I thought I had checked that file for a bag setting, I must have missed it.

2 Likes

Thank you for much!!! It has been driving me crazy!!! And I could not find anything in the game menu to remove it and had no idea there was such a thing as console variables, let alone how to reset them.

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: for you!!!

Thank you! I tried everything and deleting this file worked!

Back to displaying the bag number again today after the new patch; the script doesn’t work anymore and I can’t find the CVAR either. Is there a workaround to remove the available slots display on the main bag??

3 Likes

Looking for some help as well, same issue. No luck as of yet. It’s something to do with the new 10.0.7 patch.

5 Likes

Same here. Driving me nuts, lol.

2 Likes

me no likey.

please fix!

2 Likes
4 Likes

That’s a great attempt Fizz and it does work, but it won’t stick through logouts and UI reloads. Must be on the right track though!

1 Like

Yeah none of the fixes listed on the forums here work anymore. They either don’t work at all, or aren’t permanent and have to be run each time you log in on reset.

1 Like

Honestly I’m gonna go ahead and enter it as a bug because we shouldn’t need an addon for this.

2 Likes