How to hide empty bag space counter?

Anyone know how to hide the number over the bag that shows empty bag space?

I’ve tried the old way of /console displayFreeBagSlots 0 but that doesn’t seem to work anymore.

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Can’t find a fix - tried turning off addons, resetting cashe/wtf/interface folders - still nothing

1 Like
/run hooksecurefunc(MainMenuBarBackpackButton, "OnPlayerEnteringWorld", function(self) self:SetCountShown(false) self:UpdateFreeSlots() end) MainMenuBarBackpackButton:SetCountShown(false) MainMenuBarBackpackButton:UpdateFreeSlots()

or paste everything but the /run into the website addon.bool.no to create/download a small addon to do it automatically when you login.

6 Likes

That actually did work – but it doesn’t persist through logouts and reloads. Getting closer!

See the updated post.

1 Like

Fixed it with your method; thank you.

1 Like

Shouldn’t need to create any sort of addon to simply hide the bloody bag space. This needs to be fixed though, or simply bring back the option in our in game menus rather than have to jump through hoops like this. Absolutely ridiculous.

5 Likes

I freaking love you!!!

Working so far through logging in and out, /reload and going to new zones!

For real. The option has to be in there somewhere, right? Hoping it at least gets added to AdvancedInterfaceOptions along with the other stuff they removed.

Even if the CVar was there, the code that uses it (SetCountShown) has been changed to use a fixed true argument.

We shouldn’t need to but that’s blizzard now.

I have to use an add-on just to turn full screen glow off every time I log in because someone thought it was a good idea to take that away from us.

Well, that sucks. I guess I’ll make the small addon for now.

Tks a million times over! It’s ridiculous that we need to use an addon to turn this off.

Thank you!!! It’s been driving me crazy and I couldn’t figure out how to get rid of it. You’re the best, Fizz <3

Not sure what blizz broke again, but this work around no longer seems to work for me. I can use the one line script to remove the bag slot counter, but logging out causes it to show up again.

I suspect that going into a new zone and reloading the UI will cause it to show up again as well.

Why the hell can’t blizz leave things alone that are working fine? Always have to mess with stuff and then wonder why the player base is always upset with them.

The script with /run at the beginning is a one time deal (resets after logging out)

Copy/pasting the script without the /run into the website addon.bool.no creates an addon to download that will automatically run the script each time you log in.

Worked for me 2 minutes ago.

Did you maybe remove the addon or create new one from the website with the same name (overwriting the bag addon)?

Not sure what happened, but I managed to fix it by deleting the old created addon and created a new one at the website. Tks for the suggestion!