Hidden Nerf to Taurens in The Burning Crusade [PvP/Arena]

It makes no sense to have it this way. Tauren would have to know 2 different distances on all their melee abilities depending on whether they were in arena or not. It should be one or the other.

1 Like

The game is always in flux is not an excuse to stealth nerf something when like Sony said, he planned this for years.

This “fix” is dumb.

Let Taurens get some cheese. Why go changing this now? You guys are really screwing up the arena with stuff like this, rating requirements, and any sort of other nerfs.

The arena in TBC always had its quirks but all-in-all it played GREAT imo… it was still very fun and was made considerably well for it being the first iteration in it’s existence.

If you feel I was impersonating and didn’t understand the joke then I feel bad for ya…

1 Like

TDLR - My race was killing players through walls and being extremely broken. The forum was me in the coping stages of the nerf.

It’s so weird that Taurens would get nerfed when – by all metrics – they’re in the bottom half of available races for PvP.

On alliance, gnomes, dwarves and even humans are better options.
On horde, orc is by far the best race and undead is arguably the second best with WotF giving warriors that little extra fear break against LD or DPR (especially useful since it lets you zerk out of gouge).

My point is, why is an average/below average race getting nerfed when there are clear dominant races running around everywhere.

2 Likes

#nochanges

This is not good.

Basically hidden nerfs and changing how a race plays in different aspects of PVP is jarring to the total play experience.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Same reason why they decided to make progressive itemization for just a few melee weapons. (this company is full of morons)

Im seeing a very clear history repeating itself with this game that has been present in every other game Ive played in the past 8 years and a big reason why I quit gaming and came back for classic. I do not enjoy nerfs. I hate stealth nerfs even more. People cheer when other classes that dont effect them get nerfed but have no foresight that something they like will eventually get nerfed as well.

This was supposed to be untouched classic not retail TBC light “balanced” by actiblizz.

2 Likes

They should have fixed the stupid hitbox all over the place 2 years ago … but it’s never to late. So thanks Blizzard.

1 Like

Which never should have been in Classic in the first place. This nerf is waaaay overdue.

1 Like

It’s a great change, nobody should be attacking anyone through walls/pillars, ever.

Nerf or not, your character’s hitbox should be what it is, regardless of what zone you’re in. They shouldn’t make it different in arenas than it is in battlegrounds, or dungeons, or farming in Nagrand.

Trimming the Tauren box back a bit does makes sense to me, because I always got the sense that the effective racial hitbox variance with leeway that we’ve had in Classic was more extreme than in Vanilla, but I also did not play much Tauren either time. I like the idea that a Gnome Warrior and a Tauren Warrior don’t feel exactly the same, but they could probably bring them a bit closer together.

Ultimately, I don’t think perfect arena balance should dictate everything that exists in this game. The idea of stepping into an arena (or anywhere) and having it normalize your character’s hitbox, racial abilities, passive racial attributes, stat bonuses, name, appearance, and silhouette for perfectly equal combat, just seems boring and counteractive to the game as a world, an MMO, and an RPG.

1 Like

I’m torn. On one side it is dumb to have two different hit boxes depending on what content your doing.

However on the flip side literally every druid on horde is tauren and I don’t think its okay you get to attack right through pillars cause your a tauren. Classic doesn’t magically give this a free pass. After all Leatherworking was going to be everyone’s profession and now outside of spellcaster hybrids its pretty meh for anyone else right now.

So for the health of the game I don’t think attacking through a pillar anytime you face a horde druid is okay. But the fix seems lazy as well which I don’t care for… but it still beats the alternative.

It is, because Blizzard can and will modify anything and everything they want, when they want, for any reason or no reason at all.

Blizzard is under no obligations to tell us before they change something.

And he’d have been screwed had they announced or not as it wouldn’t have changed until TBC Classic Beta anyway.

Bliz took the ez way out instead of fixing the pillars.

You are acting like this was not going both ways? Tauren could hit through pillars and other races could hit the taurens through pillars.

And as Sony said, if this is just about the pillars then fix the pillars not the hitbox. Tauren had this one thing going for them when almost every other races are better anyway in arenas.

1 Like

free race change for taurens, blizzard. pls.

lol seriously? There was mass feedback. Tauren weren’t nerfed, pillars were buffed. Go milk yourself

warstomp and more stam doesn’t count? They are pretty huge