Hidden Nerf to Taurens in The Burning Crusade [PvP/Arena]

Is this the only race change. Do other races have any of thier race advantages taken away in arena? I dont mind. I hate taurens. Who would want to play as a cow? Probably the same ppl that would chose a panda.

Regardless, this isnt an engineerimg gadget or a potion or anything like that. If it is part of the racial, then it should not be removed in arenas.

Or a better solution would be to remove it from all the other areas also. Yeah i like that better.

You can say the same for the random tornado in Nagrand… btw this pisses off people who rolled Tauren in classic for the hitbox. If the hitbox was in tbc they need to keep it. It was in classic vanilla it needs to be in TBC. I know a good warrior who rolled Tauren for the hitbox, thankfully if there is a wotlk classic there are race changes so it doesn’t matter, but since we won’t have this feature in tbcc this has to be fixed immediately.

1 Like

Should they talk about changes made? Yes

Should changes that prevent exploitation or unfair game play be put in place? Yes

1 Like

impersonating a Blizz employee is bannable

I think it’s pretty clearly a joke, but yeah I wouldn’t personally make that comment lol

1 Like

Said by an Orc Warrior LOL

He literally said “if pillars are the problem, fix that and leave the hitboxes”, but go off ig if you can’t read between the lines

Also TBC R1, also beta tester, also specifically made a tauren male for TBC in an era that gimped you significantly in PvP (see: fence jumping). Would be nice to be able to race change as this shifts things significantly in orc favor, but in the end it’s not game-breaking.

Pretty sure they increased night elf feral Druid cat form hit box in classic also.

Log on to TBC beta, take two taurens, go to the Nagrand arena in Nagrand. Stand on opposite sides of the pillar. Auto attack each other. (out of range)

Now auto attack each other while 1 person is auto-running into the pillar. (out of range)
Now auto attack each other while both players are auto-running into the pillar. (attacks hit)

This works the same way in Classic right now with tauren, too. This thread doesn’t need to exist :<

You don’t understand the issue. In arenas, tauren hitboxes are nerfed. It’s the same in the open world arena as it was in classic.

The issue is the hitbox is reduced in the real arena, not the open world Nagrand arena.

2 Likes

This not only sounds fair, it is possibly one of the most justified fixes they’ve done.

Welcome to literally everyone else.

That’s pretty broken and also needs to be changed rofl.

The concept of a larger hitbox shouldn’t have ever been a race issue in the first place.

This also sounds like a problem that needs to be fixed, not something to justify tauren hitboxes.

Imagine the core reason for choosing the race of your class being to abuse broken hitboxes.

You can essentially keep healers in combat, deal damage to them without them attacking you back. You can then use the hitboxes to KITE AS A WARRIOR the players trying to get in line of sight to hit you.

That is broken.
That is bad.
That is dumb.
Stop it.

This reminds me of when they added ratings to PvP gear, all the sudden everyone was an enhancement shamans looking for their offhand.

2 Likes

Need i remind you that if you say you’re a blizzard employee (especially on a blizzard website) and you are infact not it goes against ToS and you can lose your account.

Wasnt the point of normalizing hitboxes to fix leway? I remember when druid hitbox was fixed it forms and it made the class sooo much more playable in PvP. I remember needing my cat to be INSIDE the enemy to actually hit them.

1 Like

This. How pathetic does someone have to be to not only roll to that race specifically to gain an advantage from what could be considered an exploit to coming to the forums and crying about their handicap being removed. That’s just sad. It’s called sportsmanship. Try it some time.

2 Likes

It would make good YouTube content to create a video demonstrating how to prove the combat reach bug claim here is infact a myth. Remember, you gain bonus range if you’re moving, and the target is moving, which is core to taurens being able to hit through this pillar (the iconic example proving tauren combat reach even exists)

I agree that the dual mode crap needs to go.

As for Tauren hit boxes; IMO should have been universally normalized because it’s more a curse than a blessing overall due to how wizard leeway works vs melee. Yes wizards have leeway on spells; they just ignore it and specifically cry only about melee.

Ever notice you get rooted more than orcs, trolls and undead? It’s the Tauren hitbox curse.

1 Like

Welcome to Classic WoW.

They’ve been inconsistent with this the entire classic wow, it just so happens that this time the pro-changers came for you. Doesn’t matter to them that tauren’s not even the top race- just look at how hard they nerfed pallies- a few months into p2 ret pallies got a huge nerf to reckoning and how it would work with things like hoj/thrash blade since some people were losing in wpvp to rets.

Rets, one of the most meme, joke specs in classic got a big nerf. Meanwhile, no change to sword spec or windfury- just to pallies. Warriors, 25+ per raid because they’re so brokenly powerful- but they nerf ret pallies.

Changes to some dungeons in TBC to prevent mage pathing farming (after allowing locks, mages, etc… to do it for all of Vanilla)- but, in TBC, that won’t stop other forms of farming, won’t stop how broken prot pallies are, or other places mages/locks/hunters can path farm- nor will it stop rogues from perma farming pick pockets so expect 100s of unguilded rogues to keep doing that all TBC.

At the point, the game is ‘door wide open changes’, there’s no going back- and just like we warned- Blizz isn’t going to consider consistency with changes, they won’t consider consequences, and it’s always going to seem like changes are great until they finally go after something you wanted to stay the same.

Im not a tauren and I dont even play horde and I support this. Stealth nerfing is scummy garbage game design, I want to play TBC not a game balanced by actiblizz and forum babies.

Well, this is the WoW forums … It seems people have a deep hatred toward streamers or youtubers for some reason.

I am glad you bring this up; only a couple of posts have been made in the TBC Beta forums by beta testers and they did not get much traction.

People in here saying “It’s UnFaIR AdVanTAgE iT’s GooD tHeY FIXeD It” are acting like this was not a double edge sword and very situational anyway. Most of the warriors are Orcs or Undead on horde side, it’s not like you would see this on a regular basis. And it’s not new. Everybody knew it existed and so far everyone was fine with it.

Blizzard’s consistency is also a big issue here.

As said, if the Tauren’s hitbox is being addressed by Blizzard, then the other races’ hitbox should be addressed too. And if Blizzard really wanted to normalize the hitbox, them normalize throughout the whole content, not just Arena …

The other issue is that the change was not mentioned at all by Blizzard. This should have been a conversation or at least a blue post so people could provide feedback.

As Sony pointed out this is a substantial change. If Blizzard now goes ahead with this change, then Every Man for Himself in WotLK should be considered fair game for change/nerf. It is no different.