Hi, i'm seeing lots of threads about RMT/P2W. Is TBCC worth playing with all these issues?

Hey i’m primarily a FF14 player, I kinda wanted a new MMO but don’t enjoy retail WoW so I wanted to try Classic but literally half the top posts are all about people RMT’ing and something called “GDKPs”?

I need to know if this game is P2W or not before I dive into it, can a WoW vet explain?

It’s as much pay 2 win as FF14 is.

Technically FFXIV is more p2w than wow.

1 Like

Yea but just slightly.

I don’t really consider either as really pay 2 win.

FF lets you flat out buy, with money, more in game storage, and there is no in game way to earn that storage.

Pretty blatant honestly, but people hate on WoW’s cash shop.

Also retainers, whatever they do

The people who whine about anything in WoW being P2W have never played a true P2W game. They’ve heard the term but have no idea what it actually means.

5 Likes

That’s the storage.

Retainers are like bank tabs, the more you have, the more space you have.

But they’re bank tabs that you can level and send to get things like mats and pets, so they can also make you money.

1 Like

Don’t trade gold if you don’t want to. Problem solved.

“No axe???”
-I forgot!
:axe:

1 Like

It’s not as bad as it’s portrayed; picture it as an alternate gearing option if you have the bizzos to risk your account. GDKPs are common yes, but not the dominant way to gear. Play the game and have fun.

1 Like

TBCC ends in 3 months, whats to gain from even starting, it’ll take a month to get to 70 and geared out

Not a whole lot else going on, personally leveling some classes to play in wrath.

only if you care so much about other people. there’s RMT happening ? yes.

WoW is pay to not play essentially.

Buy Gold → Buy Boost → Buy Carry → Buy Gear → Quit

Atleast in FF, you don’t really need to have gold, all the content is doable and there’s no major costs. The only expensive things are the mount drops or housing (if you can even buy one)

1 Like

I mean, same could be said about wow… You don’t need to do all the GDKP buy gear thing.

People buy gear cause they don’t want to deal with CLC and just want the gear instantly (or w/e it drops)

i will be honest with you op.

-you can join wow for fun, but you will be leveling in Empty world because everyone else is just buying shop boost or having gold/buying gold to buy in game boosts which mean “they afk in dungeons & a max level do all the kills”

-once you get the max level you’ll feel like game is dead, almost no one run any dungeons and all raid pugs are GDKP where you need to pay gold to obtain any item, as you’re new so probably u won’t have any gold, so that won’t be option for you unless you buy gold.

-your best option will be based on luck, if you can find a guild that need your class and let you join raids when you’re still fresh to capped level, otherwise you will have to go spam battle groupds (pvp) to get basic gear.

for next expansion? you can catch up easily but due the insane inflation caused by BOTS/gold buyers, you’re less likely to be able to survive as total new player.

in the end, wow is not a place for new players UNLESS they either buy gold or play 24/7.

1 Like

I see people leveling all the time all the way through

Dungeons are definitely not dead, at least not on a larger server, they just take a bit of time to get together.

I usually agree with you on things, but I can’t really here as it goes against my own experience

Edit:

Just sat around with LFGBB up for 5 minutes, 50+ postings, multiple raids with SR/MS>OS

well… he’s new player, he will probably do the mistake of every new player does & go to low pop server, so i told him what he will experience :slight_smile:

but even if he start on proper server if he’s not playing in rush hours he might not find any dungeon at all, as for raids? fearlina most pugs are gdkp’s & it’s super hard to get into sr/ms>os if u find any as fresh player

There’s 50+ dungeons right now, it’s 3pm on a fri, hardly prime time.

And yes, before he starts he needs to go to a higher pop server, figure out which one and what type he wants.

1 Like