Hey, what gives?

What does it show for your game subscription on your Account page?

Link: https://account.battle.net/games

Are you absolutely sure? I’ve seen a couple of posts from you, here in CS, with the chief complaint that you’ve had posts flagged, removed, or that you’ve otherwise been involved in some posts or threads that were actioned by staff.

Trust level 3 requires that you haven’t received X number of flags* for spam or inappropriate posts (I think it’s five… I get different answers from Google).

(*With action taken by staff. Erroneous or superfluous flags from the community have no effect on TL.)

I am not insinuating or suggesting in any way that you are guilty of such activities, I am only speculating that if you’ve recently been upset about some posts of yours that have been flagged or hidden or removed, that might be the reason why TL3 is gone.

The other most common reason I see that people lose TL3 is the reading requirement. That isn’t just a one-time thing. You must always have read 20,000 posts in the last 100 days; it’s a rolling window. If you read 20,000 posts in the first ten days and then backed off a bit, TL3 will fade.

Good luck!

1 Like

Here’s the Discourse blog on Trust Levels. Note that I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard changes these conditions, but this is how it is with Discourse by default and could be a rough idea.

Note that 5 post removals themselves appear to be enough to remove TL3 by default.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll try.

No ( but thx)

It’s been a 6 month recurring sub since mid Mists.

Hi, I’ve thought of that too and it doesn’t make sense. The one post would have bee restored after I explained the circumstances. I was hot under the collar, so to speak, because the other issue I had asked about nothing was done and this was done in minutes -
My other question was how to report a player. I was very careful in wording. I referenced that there was now a second forum person being harrassed m (both of us just discovered it by accident the other day.) There is no way to warn anyone. In my heated state I did say “dont throw that CoC stuff at me - you let that sexual predator stay but take down a post that is helping a ____ mentions an authors name.”

Anyway, considering my track record of helping people, trying to change the subject when the board is getting heated, and deliberately drawing fire when someone else is getting ganged up on…true the latter doesn’t always look obvious, and I can have a salty tongue.

But no, not enough of anything that I’m aware of - trying not to be paranoid (no one has has a grudge and finally got an opening) or tinfoil hat time. Lol I daresay it must be a misunderstanding.

No emails, no warnings, just changed…darndest thing. I mostly wish someone would explain. This sudden radio silence after I mentioned a forum poster getting close to two of us women now, and both us are smart, yet…not whole story here. Just can’t warn anyone and it’s mighty suspicious that’s when my trust level changes. Unless a blue doesn’t like being scolded and took it personally. Idk
Liked posting links. Worked hard in that farming for Rep. Lol

Anyways. Still waiting for an explanation please…out there, any blue or green???

Plus all of a sudden I can’t post twice or edit

The one TL3 requirement that we tend to see come up here is the reading posts requirement. Try finding yourself I nice long thread and scroll through it slowly so that it gets picked up that you’ve read the posts. See if that might be the issue.

2 Likes

No emails, no warnings, just changed…darndest thing. I mostly wish someone would explain. This sudden radio silence after I mentioned a forum poster getting close to two of us women now, and both us are smart, yet…not whole story here. Just can’t warn anyone and it’s mighty suspicious that’s when my trust level changes. Unless a blue doesn’t like being scolded and took it personally. Idk
Liked posting links. Worked hard in that farming for Rep. Lol

Anyways. Still waiting for an explanation please…out there, any blue or green???

Plus all of a sudden I can’t post twice or edit to add…so frustrating thos last part!

Posting twice is a restriction for everyone. You can bypass it by quoting someone though. As for editing, that’s something you should be able to do at any trust level, but there’s a limit to how many times a post can be edited.

Goodness, I’m on almost everyday, but I’ll give it a whirl. Thank you

Looks like you were able to edit that one post at least, so that’s good!

Had to wait for someone else to post before it would edit. :woman_shrugging: :frowning:

This won’t appear until someone answers this post above:Also. Can’t post twice in a row anymore…this happened after I changed hair color

Lol!!!

I addressed that above :wink: That’s been a function of the forum for a little while now. And it’s showing for me just fine even prior to me replying.

Thank you. Unfortunately, still doesn’t explain magical demotion. Wish they’d send an email or something. I read eveveryday, contribute, anyway, I’m either going to sit here in the dark or there not. Can’t edit this after case I forgot something. Oh, got a friend who did beta once and got tldr4 on all their alts and still worked when said person got suspended for 3 months.

I can’t figure any of it out. Was sick, holidays…I doubt anyone read threads everyday. Also another friend said as long as they were subscribed: they weren’t on the forum, but could come back and post videos… special treatment? I doubt it, probably overlooked whereas some people might not be liked. Too tired with sick stuff today. Thanks for your help. I’m guessing a blue is the only one that can figure it out or tell me

Did you review the Discourse blog I linked earlier in the thread? Did any of that information seem to give you a better idea as to what could’ve happened?

There’s very specific items about trust level in this post -

2 Likes

Trust levels decay, so if you had a hiatus of any sort and didn’t meet a particular benchmark, then that alone would do it. I did the .json thing and you are only a TL 2 at the moment, so you have definitely dropped down a level. I’m going to personally lean on that it was simply just that, not meeting a benchmark. The timing might be suspect to you, but there was another fellow who had found himself in a similar issue fairly recently.

You may want to post over on the Website bug forum? In the instance that it is a bug, it would be helpful for them to know of it.

It is not just reading, it is giving likes as well. I usually know on the D3 forum when someone needs to re-up their likes when I get a spam of them.

The post restrictions are only if you are the thread creator. They are in place to prevent people spam bumping their own threads.

4 Likes

Correct. The account no longer meets the benchmark requirements for TL3 - specifically in Posts Read.

It has nothing to do with your previous thread here or the post you were concerned about in that thread.

13 Likes

Thx, I run out…hey listen, at this point it’s much ado about nothing. So I can’t post links or gifs or videos. Really, in the scheme of things I’ll just keep posting, reading, liking like I have for the last year - hell, I even got Covid and wasn’t on for a week, a vacation in which I use no electronic devices.

So, no biggie. Yes, was ticked, back into perspective, but sad that certain right ideas work out all the wrong ways to good people and right ways for others.

I’d put up the Princess Bride gif, “Life isn’t fair, it’s just fairer than death, that’s all.”

Happy trails, thanks for the help. :butterfly:

2 Likes

Thank you for the help. I couldnt figure what I’d done differently. Realized it wasn’t just being sick. That whole month of almost every thread being about the Mage Tower I hardly read anything at all - hard not to, lol. It was MT & PVP for at least a month. Difficult to read something you aren’t interested in.

Also just kept trying to put up other interesting topics to help out

1 Like

you don’t really have to read them. just scroll thru threads slowly enough for it to register

2 Likes