Hey look at this guys

They just locked our large suggestion thread, I got a large feeling monks are going to be out of luck for any meaningful changes for the xpac.

The amount of disrespect in this is beyond amazing, good luck friends I don’t think I can bother anymore.
Y’all keep up the good fight, but this just cements my feeling they won’t ever actually acknowledge the problems we have with the spec simply because we aren’t that big of a community.

16 Likes

And no reason why? That’s odd. Had the OP cross posted it as he was thinking about doing?

1 Like

None, he did have it in the 10.1 thread and the last post was just someone making a brewmaster suggestion and then bam closed by community manager and some how back on monk forums section.

3 Likes

Why is the suggestion thread locked in here too?

I mean at least its not deleted like in the 10.1, but locked in the actual monk forums is kinda silly.

1 Like

I moved it from the 10.1 to the monk forum back after it got locked to maybe save it in some way.

Maybe it was locked because there was a monk feedback section in 10.1 already?

1 Like

Nah that wouldn’t be the case, as there are multiple threads for other classes and specs too.

1 Like

It was a collection thread, so it was more similar than other’s. I can’t think of any other objective reason to close it.

1 Like

I honestly think it is a case of we were getting a little to real. We were calling it like it was.

Things that looked and acted like ducks got called ducks. Metzen returned to blizzard and his main class gets a rework with the excuse that Ret is pallies only dps spec so it has to be taken care of… SOOOO WW is monks only dps spec and it is factually worse off then ret was.

Those kinda of reality call outs just won’t be tolerated around here it seems. Gotta keep the monk peasants beaten down. Blizzard can’t let them have a voice and point out just how stupid it is to give us an auto attack 4 set and put on a haste trinket which does nothing for ww monk.

I think I need to reconsider giving my money to this company at this point. I don’t make emotional decisions, so I am going to step away for a little and see how this feels in a few days.

9 Likes

Yeah this is the interview I was referencing in the other thread… I didnt want to link anything as I might get it deleted as there have been a couple posts made today that have been vanished…

It does seem like they are trying to shut us up though… look at all the other threads in the 10.1 forum for different classes… they are still there… So why the monk one and why today?

Well like you said… we may have struck a nerve and they dont want to lose control of the narrative… the one where they claim then dont want bottom specs to stay there, is the one Im reffering to of course.

2 Likes

It’s so strange to me why it was locked, I just feel beyond disrespected now. I don’t really feel I can justify getting another bit of game time after my current runs out.
I was trying to make it to 10.1 but after all this I don’t know if I can bother until microsoft buys activision at this point.

2 Likes

Welcome to 2023. People don’t like taking criticism.

3 Likes

People are soft these days, thats YUUUUGGE facts …

but its not even that… its that they dont even want to consider the fact that people who actually play the game may have some better insight as to how the game or class should feel…

Thats just narcissism, no one can possibly be right other than me, no ones ideas are as good as mine (company or induvidual)…

I mean at least be real and tell us… " welllllll we dont really have a dev that works on monks and we just kind of throw it at an intern now and then" , I would respect that a lot more than complete silence and lack of changes or even hint of “hey we hear you”…

2 Likes

That quote from Ion about bottom of the charts but completely ignoring monk is definitely a hint of “we hear you we just don’t care”

2 Likes

You can’t even quit the forums let alone the game.

2 Likes

He did quit in shadowland for literally over a year. Trust me when I say me and Maldeath(Orc Pride) aka Thebulk haven’t seen eye to eye but we have been monks from the start. Not many players have been so we all know each other.

I would say we are pretty good friends now and I can tell you if he says he is about to quit it will be true for the rest of the expansion. That is over a year of income blizzard loses out on.

3 Likes

One thing that bothers me most about closing the other thread is the lack of providing a reason. There wasn’t even a warning at all.
Like… someone could have said “move it back to the monk’s forum as it’s too similar to the feedback thread - or it gets closed”. Or just moving it by themselves.
In this thread there was almost no arguing at all, it was mostly constructive.

Having a warning or at least receiving a comment that explains the reason why it has been closed is necessary when closing such a thread. It was constructive, not toxic and there weren’t any signs that this thread wasn’t okay.

I don’t want to keep up such a thread when this is the reaction that follows.
I’ll read every here and there news but I probably won’t really contribute anymore. Only if the mood is there.

4 Likes

I didn’t play 90% of legion and only really played 1st season of slands, with a few weeks of s2.
I literally quit a good portion of cata because I was done with the game until I got the MoP beta invite and got to try out monk, it was the only thing that kept me around after the failure that was cata.

I only like monk and I don’t really like staying in the game when it sucks.

Yeah this kind of thing is why the monk community can’t really grow because we huff the copium too hard and eventually not even it can keep us afloat

1 Like

That is my biggest reason to be actually upset about all of this.

It was very constructive. As monks we came together, as a group, when honestly most of us don’t get along, and we gave it our all to fix our beloved class. This went on for weeks. And Blizzard didn’t once consider what most monks have said are issues with the class.

Then they locked it without a reason. Blizzard silenced the majority of monks because we spoke truth and backed it up with real logs not just sims.

4 Likes

Ironically when I quit last time I still had plenty of game time due to buying the extended sub for those fairy wings and not turning off the 6 month sub causing it to roll over 1 more time.
So I had something like 4 months worth of game time I just completely ended up ignoring.

My guess is the thread was closed because you guys derailed it and started going off on the devs. The last 20 ish posts for the most part don’t contribute anything compared to the first portion, which had good ideas.

Also someone kept bumping the thread, this alone could get it locked, I wonder if they have automated tools to do just that?

It’s a good collection of ideas, shame they locked it. Should have just deleted the useless comment and temp banned the people derailing it.

1 Like