Hey Blizzard

No im saying want in one hand crap in the other and see what fills up faster

You can want all day but when reality sets in you realize that sometimes other things force us to do things we dont want

you are honestly saying that the company who controls everything about the game was forced to do something…

and I thought BLIZZ was out of touch! :smiley:

Im saying one day youll grow up and realize the difference

But you’re missing the point that “not wanting” is usually something people say before describing an action they’re required to do, e.g. working despite not wanting to.

If I said “I don’t want to murder anyone,” and then murdered someone, is it okay? No, of course not. There’s no justifiable reason for me to have done so. I had the option not to. Which means, if I really did not want to, I just wouldn’t have done so.

Similarly, Blizzard says they do not want to take action against legitimate players, but go through with a change that negatively affects legitimate players. They don’t have to do that. If they really didn’t want to, they wouldn’t.

1 Like

Straight to murder lol. The extreme

Obviously Blizzard felt that the benefit outweighed the cost. They didnt want to hurt the legitimate player, but felt that it was worth what they called a small % to get hurt for the benefits it would bring

Dont want to =/= never will. No matter how much we pretend that op in his incoherant post which has been shredded by several posters made any sort of point. That statement remains true

1 Like

the two posts are literal days apart. pretty sad to see a company lose its supposed morals in 48hrs

Where have you been? They lost their morals years ago

I haven’t been playing Blizz games obviously, why do you continue to/defend their lies if you know this?

I really am not defending blizzard. Im arguing that your grasp on the english language is tenuous at best.

As for the change i just sit here and watch. In about 2-3 weeks we should start seeing if it had any positive effects. And if not then ill probably be right next to you asking for reverts. I just want to see for myself before i go off on a subject.

Hell ive been banned from these forums 2-3 times for the words i spoke against them

I don’t care whether they want to or not. Innocent players should never be collateral damage. It’s wrong, and it needs to be changed.

1 Like

Walking you through the logic. If you get caught up on the fact I used murder as an example, then I can’t imagine you’re here to argue in good faith.

I disagree with the sentiment of “the ends justify the means.” That’s how you get genocide and BfA.

The way we get to the end point matters. Blizzard can end botting… but if they simultaneously eliminate the entire legitimate player base in the process, was it really worth it?

They did, though. As I explained, this is a change that was entirely unnecessary. It was not an action that needed to be taken. This was not something they wanted to avoid but had to do for whatever reason.

They had absolute control over the situation and could’ve chosen not to go through with this change. If they really did not want to take action against legitimate players, they would not have gone through with something that does so.

I can go through countless analogies.

“I don’t want a blue car, but I bought a blue car despite having other, preferable color options.”
“I don’t want to eat burnt meat, but I chose to eat the burnt meat instead of the properly cooked meat.”
“We don’t want to take action against legitimate players, but we took action against legitimate players despite having plenty of other valid options to counter botting that do not harm legitimate players.”

So in your mind you think blizzard made this move 100% with legitimate players in mind and werent targeting any others when they made this decision?

1 Like

Not 100%, no, but I believe they wished to shape player behavior using this change because they didn’t like that people were doing so many instances. It did not fit what they believed was in the “spirit” of vanilla.

Having played WoW for 15 years, I know full well what Blizzard is like. They HATE when people play their game a lot. They punish people who play more than others, because they want the people who play less to feel safe and fuzzy. That’s exactly why the vast majority of people you see supporting this change are super casuals espousing their hatred of the hardcore. “lol nolifers doing 30 instances a day? QQ”

They almost all complain that people who do 30+ instances a day are ruining the game. So yes, I believe the change was done with targeting legitimate players in mind.

While I applaud your efforts it’s like you said, he isn’t here to argue in good faith, he came to insult and feel superior for having insulted others.

The only way to do this would be to never ban anyone…

If you want Bots and exploiters banned, there is always a chance that a legitimate person gets caught up in your investigation with a false positive.

If Blizzard used a method that was even half as rigorous as most forums posters do to identify bots… there would be literal thousands of false positives of legit players getting banned.

This might be true. I think they thought this + the banwave would slow bots. They felt that if they removed their means to mass spam dungeons and got rid of them at the same time that they would be slower to get back to 60 and be less able to do damage when they did hit 60

Which is why im just waiting for a few weeks before getting mad. I want to see how fast these bots come back and to what extent they exist. So far nothing but its too soon to tell if it did something positive or if it just hurt the legitimate players.

I agree with this. The team in charge now has shown time and time again that they want time gated content that gives scraps and keeps people coming back.

So while im not yet at the point of anger, i dont dismiss this as a possibility given what theyve done in retail

Yep.
A big part of why I was excited and actually returned was that the super casuals already have their version of WoW (retail) and classic was a chance to start again and do thing differently. I quit the game because I can’t watch Blizz turn it into a cesspool a second time.

8:42 AM on Thursday.

https://gyazo.com/27c84f5fe26ff5d94e55d43d25d5e08a

You tell me. The change does nothing to combat botting. Hell, even if bots can’t do instances, they can bot in the open world. How does this change affect bots in the open world? How does this change affect bots in BGs? It doesn’t.

At best, you could argue it indirectly increases detection by pushing them to places where players would see them, except…

Botters can simply swap to another realm. Many botters that bot for the purposes of collecting gold to sell will not be impacted by this change whatsoever, as they have multiple accounts already. They simply rotate where each account is botting.

Bot 1 on Realm A.
Bot 2 on Realm B.
Bot 3 on Realm C.
Bot 4 on Realm D.

Hit the cap?

Bot 1 on Realm D.
Bot 2 on Realm A.
Bot 3 on Realm B.
Bot 4 on Realm C.

100% botting time, same as before.

I use to see 10+ teams of bots tolling into strat at all times. Now its 1-2 tops. So it did not catch them all obviously, but as of now there are less. How long that remains is unknown. It could be that in another 1-2 weeks its back to 10 teams and the change was meaningless if they dont remain vigilant on the banwaves

As for the open world? Actually makes it a lot better for PvP realms. I can actually fight them instead of them sitting safely in a dungeon hoarding mats to cripple our economy

Im not really for or against this change yet. Im for whatever hits the bots the hardest and am willing to feel things out for myself before i start flooding and ruining the forums with my anger

You guys really think OP doesn’t know or understand these are two completely separate things? He’s just trying to have a gotcha moment which failed miserably.

2 Likes