Hey Blizz... your PvP team is pathetic

It also helps balance Bgs. Doesn’t help alliance in general but it’s purpose is for Bgs.

Exactly this. Why people don’t understand this is beyond me.

What Alliance benefits from is a 50% honor bonus.

Merc mode is irrelevant to the bg experience, though it probably matters for queuetimes. I took this character into the Underbelly to talk to the merc mode recruiter. He wouldn’t talk to me. I think he only talks to 110’s.

In leveling bgs there are good players and bad players of both factions. If you’re bad, you’re going to get crushed by good players. That’s what happens when you queue for pvp to get leveling xp.

Premades they should do something about. Balance them so both sides have a premade or none.

But really, OP. You’re queuing up for somebody else’s end game they’ve been working on for years. You’re going to have some bad experiences.

You know as well as I that Blizzard doesn’t communicate, thus there is no source for this or really anything. Just logical thinking based on what is available. I’ve been saying this for a minute and there has not once been anything to convince me this isn’t the case.

You yourself admit that your faction as a whole isn’t very interested in PVP. That is generally the sentiment everywhere, and it is apparent ingame. The queue time disparity seems to line up with the approximate rate that I see a flagged Alliance player in “off-invasion” hours.

Add the fact that the bonus hasn’t shifted despite there being way more Alliance out during Invasions. There is no other theory that lines up with all of that. People turning it on for a half hour or hour every day or two and keeping it off the rest of the time.

They really should have held firm to faction capitals being the only place to turn it off, as well as finding alternate rep or rewards for Invasions so that they didn’t nullify questing in the enemy zones during invasion cooldowns.

Yeah it definitely seems there are more PvPers on Horde side just going off of the queue times, these are the queue times I’ve seen lately:

Normal bg

Alliance: 2 minutes (used to be 1 minute in Legion)
Horde: 8-11 minutes

Epic bg

Alliance: 4 minutes on the low side, 6-7 minutes on the high side
Horde: 9-12 minutes on the low side, 18-19 minutes on the high side

If the queue times are based on supply and demand, or whichever side is smaller gets the faster queue times (similar to how tanks get insta-queues) then it’s safe to say the Alliance bg playerpool is smaller.

1 Like

It’s not supposed to help a faction overall. It’s strictly for bg purposes.

It’s not helping bgs either. The more Alliance lose, the less Alliance will run bgs. That is not good for the game any way you look at it.

3 Likes

What do Horde mercs have to do with Alliance losing?

1 Like

Ofc it is. Lower queue times, that’s the point of it. I haven’t ran 120 Bgs in a week or so but I’m betting I’d still win more than lose.

Wrong. It is lowering que times for ONE faction. That isn’t helping anything. All it is doing is encouraging more people to roll horde so they can keep on winning with the higher player pool on the fotm faction and when they are in a hurry they can merc.

Merc mode was , is, and will continue to be a mistake.

2 Likes

Yea, that’s what it was built for in WoD. Was good then and is good now.

Alliance win just about as much as Horde. Maybe you don’t, but a lot of us do.

Yeah, that’s not what the stats say. Sorry, going to take that word over yours.

1 Like

What stats? The ones that count low level BGs as well? Oh wait, those stats that say 47/53, which is pretty close to 50/50.

1 Like

One downside to merc mode is that you do not gain rep with wsg ab av if you que as it. might be worth swapping alliance if you are going for those exalted reps.
Faster ques + a good premade.

Merc mode is like layering on extra deodorant and perfume when you no longer have access to enough water to bathe. Sure it might cover up one stink for another but it doesn’t change the fact that you need to get access to more frickin’ water.

3 Likes

Have them point to the doll.

1 Like

lol @ swtor

Been saying / wanting that for a long time.

1 Like

Lol @ that tmog and you are a cow

Correct. Merc mode is the result of Blizzard ignoring the built-in warnings of their game!
High queue time on one faction? That’s a warning light that something is wrong.
Blizzard put a piece of tape on top so they wouldn’t have to see it.

4 Likes