Hey Blizz... your PvP team is pathetic

Rather than make friends to play with and gear your toon like everyone else I
guess it is easier to come in here and complain about how this is bliz’s fault.

1 Like

void elves were originally blood elves, themselves originally high elves. you switch sides whenever it favors you, i wouldn’t expect the rest of the alliance to put too much stock into your loyalties.

1 Like

Alleria was never a blood elf, and neither was I. In fact, I was learning beside her when she learned to control the void.

Alliance was losing heavily before 8.1 too, try again, lol

in other words you are part of a band of troublemakers who despite being directly told not to by Rommath, fiddled with void magic. I’m sure a band of rebels who ignore authority are wholly trustworthy.

Of course we are!

So alliance is full of elves high on void magic making them less than sane and you think horde mercenaries are why alliance loses?

1 Like

As Alleria says, you don’t win by refusing power.

tell that to Arthas Menethil

2 Likes

Merc mode does nothing to address faction imbalance. If anything, it supports being on the fotm faction since you get all the benefits of more active competitive groups and short queues in randoms. How do alliance benefit from merc mode? It’s not an incentive to play alliance. It’s an incentive to play horde in BfA.

1 Like

merc mode reduces the impact of faction imbalance by attempting to balance out the queue pools. this is not an incentive to play alliance, but a measure to push back on balance issues.

alliance already has incentives, between bonus honor, 30% WM bonus, and better racials. if this isn’t enough to entice players then it isn’t enough, but that is not the horde’s fault.

i can tell you two reasons i don’t play alliance or merc: my red armor is horde only and i can’t be the right kind of undead elf. in this case bonus honor or goodie bags are not an incentive because my reasons for playing on horde side are not covered by them.

Bonus honor isn’t an incentive if horde can merc and get it. I’ll give you the WM incentive though.

Merc mode reduces horde queue times in randoms but those mercs are not filling rated groups or raids on alliance side.

1 Like

:thinking:

Some benefits off the top of my head:

1. Better-geared players in general

Recently saw a Horde merc Hunter with like 391 iLvL in one of my Alliance games, and that’s just one example.

Would you rather have a fresh Alliance in quest greens/blues who just dinged 120 yesterday? Or would you rather have a Mythic raider (or two) that’s bored and decides to merc a couple Ally bgs? If I was the leader I would want the 391 guy for the open slot, but that’s just me.

2. Players more likely to stick to objectives

Most of the road-fighting I see is from Alliance, Horde players seem a little better at actually fighting on the flags etc. Obviously the more players you have that are actually focusing objectives the better.

3. Players that do more damage (generally)

This one really isn’t up for debate, in random bg after random bg it’s usually Horde dominating the damage meters. This might also tie back to #1, since higher iLvL players are more likely to have good DPS to begin with (takes more skill/DPS to get that better gear).

Someone will probably counter with something like “well, its hard to DPS if you’re always dead in the graveyard” but that only reinforces my point - if you had better DPS you would’ve won the teamfight and wouldn’t be dead.

Yeah that’s all personal opinion and doesn’t prove anything.

1 Like

The purpose of merc mode was to reduce bg queue times for the more popular faction, I don’t think it has anything to do with rated PvP or raids. For it’s purpose of providing shorter queue times for the more popular/dominant faction it seems it’s “working as intended”.

Merc mode is nothing more then a bandaid fix for an unsolvable issue. until the player base stops acting like sheep this issue will never go away.

4 Likes

I understand why it was implemented. I was explaining how it ignores faction imbalance.

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s mostly the players themselves behind the imbalance. The “top” players and guilds go Horde and suddenly “everybody” re-rolls Horde to copy them - bandwagon effect.

I’m not sure what the solution is to the actual imbalance issue, that’s more on the players it seems :thinking: there’s no “easy” answer to the issue.

its not an incentive to play on alliance, it’s an incentive to join the alliance side queue, and its available to everyone in order to be fair.

and what do you propose to solve that issue? you can’t make people play alliance, any more incentives and it will be downright unfair.

one could argue that it’s already unfair with the 500 honor level grind. because this bonus has been in affect the whole time prestige and honor levels have been a thing, an alliance Honor level 150 is equivalent to a horde 100. could this also be part of the problem with horde domination? alliance getting boosted to high honor levels without 1/3 of the experience that horde has for the same level?

What do you base that claim on?
Source please?
I would say it’s just that alliance ate outnumbered that badly. Why do I think so?
Easy… look at BG queues. horde queues are what twice or three times as long? Cause there are way more horde who pvp.
Actually, it’s writer than that, because blizzard is ignoring what their own game is telling them and using merc mode, so there are even some horde playing alliance!

3 Likes