Heroic Zekvir Tips (the only one you'll ever need)

So I got this down yesterday at 600 ilv due to my sheer intellect and skill and now I’m willing to share my brilliance so that you guys may share in the splendor of a blueberry blimp.

So here’s how to get it down easy peasy.

First, have brann as healer, think this is obvious but I guess not everyone in GD had breakfast everyday when growing up.

Second, and here’s the most important one…

Save all your 30 sec+ offensive CDs for the cacoons and the cacoons only.

This fight DOES NOT have an enraged timer so it’s okay to take your time on Zekvie and just dodge mechanics.

The only thing is try to be very mindful of his heal cast on DBM when going after the cacoons as that has higher priority.

If you’re not able to down the cacoons because of rng, then make sure you save all cc for them, DO NOT kick the add, only Kick the boss heal cast.

So with a little bit of patience and some Tahonto mojo, you too can be awesome.

2 Likes

Ret is also one of the easiest specs in the game to do the fight with, second only to Shadow Priest. Given it has freedom for spittle, and the highest repeatable 30 seconds burst DPS in the game between ES and Wake Wings. As well as bubble to cover a bad overlap / mistake.

Yeah - on my BDK I was able to get it down to below 80% after I figured out the pattern - then missed a kick and OH BOY he heals for a bunch. This fight is very much mechanics based and but also a DPS check with the webs.

After reset and a little bit more gear (currently sitting at 607 on my BDK), I’m going to attempt it again. I suspect if I give it a few more tries I’ll get it now, but rather over kill it.

I got him down to 48% yesterday (4th ever attempt), I think I just need to:

• Adjust my build (currently using a M+ build)
  • Use flasks/food/potions
  • Keep practicing

It’s a fun challenge, and while it’s no replacement for the Brawler’s Guild, I’m still glad it’s in the game.

I hope it gets revamped/expanded as the expansion goes on.

Put in as much ST as you can.

Run short ES with radiant glory.

Only use ES and wake on cacoons, do mechs and you should down it

#showtooltip execution sentence
/target Egg cocoon
/cast execution sentence

This used to be useful for swapping to the eggs pre nerf. Idk if it’s that relevant now though with the increased kill time.

not sure who needs to hear this, but the spittle dot he casts is a snare that can be removed by a lot of talents/abilities. It completely nullifies the deadliest ability in the fight.

3 Likes

Ha! Finally got it!

Another tip to other Paladins: use the “Unbound Freedom” talent, this way you can use BoF on Brann and you’ll also get BoF, removing the DoT from both of you. It really makes a difference and reduces the amount of time Brann spends being dead.

1 Like

Gratz!

10 char

1 Like

Damn. Homie throwing half-court disses for us intermittent fasters :cry:

1 Like

That’s a schedule 1 drug where I come from, unfortunately. Too potent.

1 Like