Heroic+ - Why?

And because they’re going to the two badge system by the time ICC comes out you’ll be able to buy the ToC badge gear with naxx and dungeon badges.

I don’t have a problem with this. Badges are already not immersive. Changing the badges around doesn’t take anything away from the game.

If you have a problem with badges, you’re not playing WotLK. You’re waiting for season of mastery 2 or whatever the next classic season is called.

It does dramatically change the gearing mechanic though. In wrath you could trade badges down but those lower tier badges never gave access to better gear. Now it’ll be the opposite.

I don’t know that we should be concerned with people running raids after they are the current tier.

We are though. That was literally the whole point of the Ulduar item level changes. To make Ulduar worthwhile during ToC and even ICC.

“Play only the latest raid” is retail mentality.

Apologies for the late reply, this got lost in my notifications.

I think it’s probably more of an aging playerbase thing rather than (just) a fretail thing, but either way I am genuinely sorry you won’t get the experience you’d hoped to get. In my ideal world everyone would have as close to the “perfect game” as they could, but alas someone misplaced my magic wand.

My only suggestion would be (assuming Blizzard goes forward with this changes – which they probably will), is to still try to ignore as much as you can. Get together with your guild and figure out if the path of least resistance will be more fulfilling or the sanctity of raiding how it should be (that sounds snobby, not meant to honestly I am just bad at wording).

Whatever happens though, I wish you luck going forward and I hope that you are able to find some joy and fun in the game. :slight_smile:

Oh and now you’re mad? After you accepted all these changes that other people surely didn’t like with open arms? Now you have the nerve to be mad? This is your fault. You were so happy to accept these garbage changes and now a change is happening YOU don’t like and everybody should feel bad for you? No thanks. Reap what you sow.

Ridiculous. I have no problem with changes. I have a problem with changes that do not fit the stated goals.

Every other change I mentioned made sense for the reasons I gave. This one does not.

Yeah I REALLY don’t want a heroic +… If I wanted to grind for an absurdly gapped amount of ilvl upgrades in M+ only to see the item I need never drop I’d veg on retail again. One of my favorite things about Vanilla and Wrath was how simple and straight forward it was. You had 2 difficulties for dungeons. I didn’t have to keep constantly grinding the upgrades of the exact same item more than once.

Not really sure how it’s “against the spirit of Classic”

It’s a change. Might make #NoChange Andys a little mad… but I see no issue with Blizz taking the few things that work in retail and modifying them slightly for this. It isn’t like they’re going full on Mythic+

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.