Heroic Dungeons are too easy to bridge the gap to M+

Heroic dungeons should be harder. Couldn’t tell the difference between heroic and normal dungeons at all.

Since the plan is to have them be the bridge between normal dungeons and mythic, they should be slightly harder to prepare you for Mythic+. Based on the graph of how the difficulty is supposed to be an even climb up to account for the ilvl changes, please make heroic dungeons a little harder! Thank you!

7 Likes

Almost like that is what Mythic 0 is for…

17 Likes

But then what does heroic serve? if mythic 0 is between normal and + then heroics have no real purpose

2 Likes

Mythic 0 is between heroic and mythic +

Mythic 0 is not mythic +

13 Likes

It’s actually N that has no purpose. You can start with H > M0 > M+.

6 Likes

If you find them too easy, go onto the next difficulty?

Some people don’t!

10 Likes

Just my thoughts, you’re free to disagree! I just felt like if its called Heroic it should start helping you prepare for different mechanics

1 Like

as I argued at the start of expansion, heroic 5mans serve no purpose at all.

Heroic should be roughly what Mythic0 was previously. If you think it’s too easy, and for most people it is, go to Mythic0 which is roughly what a Mythic+10 was previously.

3 Likes

I think they do, don’t they?

I haven’t checked the dungeon guide in a bit.

But I think dungeons have some different mechanics between normal/heroic and mythic. I remember the fireball from the second boss in RLP leaving a trail in one of the modes.

I’ll give it a try, thanks!

they don’t need to be harder - they are easy now because everyone is over geared for them.

2 Likes

it does have a purpose… leveling dungeons and the initial stepping stone into heroics, then mythic0 then mythic+. its almost like you are not supposed to sit in one difficulty forever.

1 Like

Heroic dungeons are harder in Season 4 than they were before…

Imo heroic dungeons should reward Veteran 1/8 gear which isn’t even at Normal raiding tier. Maybe they should be a smidge harder, maybe, but not by much as currently they’re getting steam rolled. Though that might be from very overgeared players so it might be best to wait until TWW to make sure what the balance should be at for those that run it mostly.

3 Likes

Different paths for different goals or progression. It’s always been that way. Some go normal → heroic → raids while others may go normal → raids or heroic → raids. With mythics now a thing, many just go normal → mythic or heroic → mythic if they just don’t jump straight to mythic. Whether they go to raids after that is up to them.

Shockingly, not every player will go into mythic so heroic may be the hardest thing they do or they may end up doing normal → heroic → LFR.

If heroics are too easy for you, fine. They’re not designed for you. Go up in difficulty. That’s like a high schooler going back to kindergarten and saying kindergarten is too easy. You’re in the wrong difficulty.

2 Likes

They kinda do. Although it is 4/8 Adventurer so it is one upgrade level lower than 1/8 veteran (which is 5/8 Adventurer).

1 Like

And we should care why? If it’s too easy start running m+ there’s a reason why its there

The reason I say this is cause 1/8 veteran wouldn’t be a bad start for some to get tier started as it’s already epic and can be upgraded higher.

1 Like

because the resources developing them are finite, and some are committed to this bridge to nowhere.