Herod queue time is 300+ minutes unacceptable

So here’s the thing. I rolled on Grobbulus in August on release. We had queues like everyone else at the start but it faded pretty quick. Up until now we have had 0 queues. This past week we’ve started to get 10-15 minute queues.

When, inevitably (because Blizzard doesn’t give a f and won’t take us off as an option to take a paid transfer) we start to see 1hr plus queues, are you going to tell ME, someone who is a server OG and didnt have queues up to this point in the game, to reroll on a different server or shut up?

Why should I have to do that? Is it my fault our server had an amazing community with RP events that ended up being famed as amazing to partake in? Is it my fault Blizzard couldn’t shut down transfers here because they wanna squeeze every dollar they can outa their customers, so they won’t shut down transfers to preserve the health of the server?

This is ridiculous. Blizzard absolutely COULD do something to prevent more servers becoming like Incenduis. Its as simple as cutting off those options to transfer as soon as realms start to see queues, or hit a certain player threshold.

2 Likes

No. You are incorrect. Layering kills the feel of the world. It shouldn’t have ever been in classic in the first place. Like I said above, they should just be shutting off servers as transfer options when they reach a certain threshold. They shouldn’t have packed them as full as they did in the first place.

Layering is bad.

1 Like

Yeah, this is really horrible.
I’m stuck in the login queue on Faerlina, 300+ mins (5 hours).
This is not a new issue! Upgrade your dam servers to support the size of the community.
Does Blizzard think this is acceptable? You’re taking money for a service you cant provide???
Disappointed

2 Likes

Nothing’s stopping them from going with you.

1 Like

Their realm was Full from the beginning.

If you don’t like queues, yes.

You don’t have to, but we shouldn’t be ruining the game just because you don’t have patience.

Of course, but changing the game isn’t the answer.

Changing the game? All they have to do is lock Full servers and servers with queues from transfers. We don’t need anyone else. Stop people from being able to transfer here and you stop queues from swelling to the point of breaking the server.

1 Like

Layering changes the game, yes.

Yeah, that’s fine. No issues there. That’s not going to fix the queues on your realm now, though.

That’ll prevent it from getting worse, but won’t fix the problem you have now. The only thing that will fix that is layering or transferring.

Look at my post history and feel the embarrassment when you realize I rail HARD against layering. That needs to stay tf away from my classic wow.

They needed to take full servers off of the transfer list MONTHS AGO. I called it waaaay back then, knowing the appeal of realms like mine.

Not milking transfers for extra cash would have prevented all these servers form breaking.

We agree, then.

Agreed.

its funny I created toons on herold because my old server was dead (Skerem)

now a random disconnect and I can’t play all night :slight_smile:

Frustrating to say the least!

Blizzard warned you multiple times about rolling on Herod weeks before release for exactly this reason

And they added layering which fixed most issues, so people who were still on the fence decided to stay. Then they got rid of it, and by that time people were already in their guilds forming bonds and the like. And now the default line is “Transfer” or “pick a different realm” uhuh.

Here on sulfuras we didn’t have queues. More and more people just started transferring here. They took advantage of the server remaining open well past capacity. Today we had a 2 hr + queue. Even at 11 PM it’s still over an hour. I didn’t chose to roll on a full realm. In fact, I chose this one because it wasn’t full at launch. Please tell me who’s to blame for this.

I was logged on ready to go for a planned ZG run. Got kicked from the server and had an hour + queue. Decided I’d wait and just do it later. Came back 5 hours later and the queue was even longer.

It’s time to stop the blizzard apologists honestly.

3 Likes

Scapegoating is always the default choice for people who don’t have a valid argument. Or they will repeat the official Blizzard stance until Blizzard admits they are wrong. Remember the wall of No? Pepridge farm remembers.

yall say “just reroll 4head” but waiting hours to play is a complete joke and no amount of “but muh classic experience” doesnt change it lmao

So, lets use your own logic against you here.
clears throat
He wasn’t insulting you, he was clearly pointing out a fact you may not have been aware of.

Layering will be back by this time next week. Probably sooner. Mark my words.

Listen, if they stayed through all the warnings before the servers dropped, through all the free transfers off, knowing the entire time that layers were not permanent, I feel very little sympathy for you. You were well aware what you were getting into.

I have sympathy for realms like Incendius and Earthfury, and my own Grobbulus. We’re all servers either ruined or being zerged by transfers despite our home servers being med/high pop for months. We actually had communities destroyed by mass transfers. Grobbulus doesn’t even feel like an RPPvP server anymore because of the vitriol many new transfers have towards it.

2 Likes