Heritage armor sets need to be revisited

With blizzard having added more variation to more recent sets to make them actually look fitting for every class, we really need a second take on some of these older sets that are absolute dogwater.

Every race should have armor variations representative of all armor types as well as multiple colorations. For example every set should have a skirt/robe variation, hood and helmet variation, etc.

For example: More shamanic variation to mag’har (robe, hood, headdress), complete rework of nightborne heritage armor (variation similar to what Thalyssra and 90% of npcs wear), cloth and leather variation for lightforged, etc.

18 Likes

I wish Zalandari’s had different color heritage armor like the night elves.

5 Likes

Don’t start going back for seconds when people still haven’t got their first plate. Lol

3 Likes

I dunno about redesign but the absolute bare minimum that they could do is add the alternate color tints for Nightborne, Mechagnome, and Lightforged (maybe more but I know of those three) that are literally already in the game files and just sitting there unused.

8 Likes

How about we wait until the rest of the races gets theirs first before having to wait even more when it comes to revisits lmao

It kind of sucks for the ones that got it earlier to see new ones getting all sorts of fancy stuff for theirs as Blizzard hones getting it done right. But I suppose that was the cost for getting heritage so soon. I’m still pretty happy with my Vulpera one, it was nice to have a backpack before they became more widespread.

2 Likes

Honestly would love a robe variant of the Vulpera Heritage like what the Vulpera NPCs have in Vol’dun for example Hilda like the pants are ugly imo.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hilda_(vulpera)

4 Likes

I’d love it if they went back and fixed the clipping issues with the Heritage Armor for, say, Lightforged. Doubt it at this point but a goat can dream.

Ima be honest. The blood elf and dwarf heritage armors were first (of the OG races). The dwarves got something pretty unique. The elves got… the same kind of robe model we’ve been using since vanilla. The only 3d bit being a chest plate on it. The gloves, shoulders, and helmet are all fine, the robe is just boring and ruins it. The boots are also guilty, they’re just socks with a metal toe.

Same with the nightborne really. People were expecting it to resemble the NPC gear, and it’s also just a generic robe with a few 3d bits tacked on to give it the illusion of dimension.

1 Like

At least the Blood Elves got a robeless alternative chest piece option. Also, later on, a second heritage questline of sorts with Blood Knight armor.

That having been said, some color variants would be awesome for more Fel/Holy theming, and maybe a second set with a Kael’thas kind of cloak. At the very LEAST give the Blood Elves some Verdant Spheres as an option as a helmet.

be nice if the void elf wings were made into the back piece so my elf can put a damn shirt on

5 Likes

And use the wings without that stupid collar.

At least you can cover up the chest with a tabard but that collar is still there, mocking me.

3 Likes

The first heritage armor I unlocked was for gnomes, and I wish there were a robed version for my warlock.

It’s probably best to revist the old ones…the remaining races get their first ones…

Would be nice if the Dwarf heritage armor set matched the color scheme as advertised…

Blizzard… fix the heritage sets, NOW!

1 Like

They’ll announce those as a feature in a future patch update. That seems to be what they’re doing, and can’t say I blame them because new customizations do help bring people back… like me lol.

It really does seem like the races that received heritage sets earliest got the short end of the stick.

Not only did the Allied Races not get any sort of elaborate quest lines related to their receiving of their heritage set, but they also didn’t get the variation in color and armor type recent additions have received.

Nightborne got it the worst. Sad that they have to wear a full body quilt rug, instead of the actual sets worn by 90% of the npcs in Suramar.

The worgen set is still truly terrible. lol

All they had to do was nake Genn’s clothing from hots and it would have been perfect but noooo.

Cheers! :beers: