Heritage armor question

I was just wondering about the mag’har orc heritage armor. There’s a pet wolf I’d like to get but it’s only for humans in the starting area. So I assume I’d have to first make a human, tame the wolf, and then faction change to a mag’har orc. But I’d like to get the heritage armor also so I’m asking mainly if it’s possible to race change and still level a mag’har orc up to get heritage armor.

Actually no, make the Mag’har as normal, then enter Northshire from the back way in the hills. Trust me there is a path you can take that will get you into the area.

Or if you are feeling silly or extremely brave, rush the gate and death hop into the zone.

3 Likes

Ah no I meant the Exile’s reach area. So sorry!

Hmm, that’s a bit different. Check https://www.wow-petopia.com/index.php they have a listing of ALL the pets available to tame as a hunter.

edit: fixed the link

2 Likes

Yeah he’s tameable, is it possible to racechange and level up a mag’har orc for the heritage?

I don’t know, since the leveling experience of the Mag’har start at 10, I don’t see why not.

edit: well I guess I was wrong.

1 Like

To receive the special Heritage Armor transmog set, you must level your Allied Race character to level 50 and complete the Heritage quest: Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, Void Elf, Mag’har Orc, Dark Iron Dwarf, Zandalari Troll, Kul Tiran Human, Vulpera, Mechagnome.

The following will prevent you from receiving your Heritage Armor:

• Using the Character Boost service
  • Purchasing a Faction Change or Race Change for that character

Having been granted Recruit-A-Friend levels from the old Recruit-A-Friend program while it was active will also prevent your character from receiving your Heritage Armor.

You can use Heirlooms and experience potions while leveling your Allied Race character and still receive your Heritage Armor.

3 Likes

No. Race, Faction Changes and Character Boosts make the Allied Race ineligible to earn the Heritage Armor themselves.

If another Mag’har is leveled normally and unlocks the armor any other Mag’har you have will be able to use the transmog though.

7 Likes

wow-petopia.com will also list all wolves in the game that have that skin,
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=wolfskintimber

1 Like

Sounds like OP wants this one, actually:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=wolfdraenormountfrost-wolfdraenor

Which is indeed human-only in Exile’s Reach.

1 Like

Not to hijack the thread, but this is (mostly) relevant and could be useful for others within the thread:

How does the reverse work, where an Allied Race is converted to a non-Allied Race after having already earned the Allied Race achievements, appearances, etc.? Do those remain?

I know the race change support article says achievements do not go away, but want to make sure Allied Races aren’t a special case.

The character that switched from an Allied to a Non-Allied Race wouldn’t have access to the appearance anymore, but any other current or future character of that Allied Race would have access to it if they were unlocked.

4 Likes

Related Question: if I boosted or any of the other things that disqualify, could I still do the quest and just not get the cosmetics?

No. The quest is tied to meeting the requirements fully. If you do not, then you don’t get the quest.

7 Likes

No. The quest only appears if you level the Mag’har Orc without race/faction changes or boosts. If you level one allied race and got the heritage armor, all characters of that race can transmog the heritage armor, no matter what level they are or how they became Mag’har Orcs.

If you earned the heritage armor on one character and race-changed another to that race, the race-changed character would be able to transmog the heritage armor.

1. Level one character as a Mag’har Orc and get the heritage armor on that character.

2. Make your human to get the pet wolf you want and Faction/Race-change that human to Mag’har Orc. That character would then have access to the Heritage Armor transmog.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes