Heritage armor question

So I saw that if you race change you can’t get the heritage armor. Is this true even if you race change at a lower level? Like level 30?

You need to level an allied race from 20 to 120 to unlock the heritage armor for that race. So yes if you race change at 30 you won’t be eligible.

5 Likes

Nephe is correct. It doesn’t matter what level you are, if you race change your allied race then it disqualifies you.

That said, allied races start at level 20. If you want to race change, I’d recommend starting over as it’s only been 10 levels and you can get those back relatively quickly :wink:

3 Likes

Just as a point of clarification, you need to level a single allied race naturally. So, for examole, if I race change this guy to a high mountain Shaman (can they be) he would not get the heritage armor.

However, if I were to create another High Mountain, say a warrior after, and level it naturally, this guy would also have access to the heritage armor.

I really hope that makes sense.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Actually I wanted to race change my nightborne into a night elf(when nelfs get their future heritage armor), so I would start at lvl 1, rip. Thanks guys

Oh, in that case you are in luck. Non allied races will only require rep and a quest line to get their heritage armor.

5 Likes

All you need for the older races is one the right level. It doesn’t matter if they race/faction change. You do not need to relevel one of those races. So theoretically you can take your level 120 character and race change to every race that your class supports and get the heritage armor for those races.

2 Likes

Oh, weird. Thanks again lol

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if party sync messes up the heritage armor achievement for allied races?

It does not. You would normally be prompted if the activity risked it, as it did with the old Recruit a Friend level granting system (since retired). Only Faction or Race change or a character boost should disqualify you from earning the armor now.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks! I wasn’t sure and I wasn’t finding anything directly related in my searches.

2 Likes

only question i have about heritage armor is come shadowlands with the squish of levels will that cause the armor sets to be removed from being obtainable if not done prior to ?

There not being removed that im aware of more likely being adjusted apropriately.

They are not being removed. The current information about them is that you need to get to level 60 with Shadowlands. I answered that back in November.