Herabism is lethal

Who is responsible for making herb gathering lethal while also having so many loss of control mechanics should be fired and barred from working in the industry ever. I’ve died twice in the last 10 minutes from gathering herbs and getting 10 stacks of a 10 minute disease that kills in 4 ticks. So many bad design choices this expansion.

14 Likes

Yeah same here. Is there anything we can do to overcome this? Do I just need to up my herbalism skills? And is there anything I can take to stop the disease? I’m a total newb at this.

When you pick Decayed herbs immediately start jumping. It does suggest this on the tooltip for the debuff.

When you pick Frigid herbs strafe out asap. Those probably won’t kill you but are annoying.

When you pick Windswept have your finger over your Parasol/Glider hotkey lol. I am calling those guys Trollweed. Hi-larious.

Might also add, Molten ore also very dangerous. Luckily my main miner is a Shammy and can drop a heal totem and spam self heals. But sheesh.

8 Likes

Molten ore can be cleared if you have debuff spell or if you jump into water. But yeah molten ore can be killer, I died twice before realizing it was the ore killing me, not some glitched mobs

Yep, the water putting out your fire is a nice touch. Unfortunately not always a good nearby source if you’re high on a mountain. And I can heal myself but can’t dispel squat any more. Which I’m sure is progress.

You can still mount right after mining, then jump and spam speed boost to crash into nearby water.

Doesn’t work if there’s lava around though.

Heh Yay for bubbles!
So what are the flowers underground in those caves that Miners can open up? I see a lot of them.

I can confirm. Mine a molten node and then spam my heals is annoying. So I used my skill points to specilise in molten so it barely does any damage.

For the herbists, take a look at your specilisations to see if there is anything there for you.

I’m glad they made something as simple as gathering suck. After reading about the ridiculous amount of complexity and screwing around involved in crafting now I was figuring the hell with my crafters. I’ll just gather and sell.

Being a filthy casual, this stuff has basically removed crafting and possibly even gathering from the game for me which is unfortunate.

These guys probably need to run some of their design ideas past a focus group of veteran players so they can learn in advance how unwelcome stuff like this would be by many I would think.

Luckily my herbalist is also my Dracthyr so after my first death, I got a chance to read the tooltip the second time, which also killed me, so I had to respec into a disease removal. The windswept I can just glide out of, but it still gets you in combat sometimes, would hate to get that one off a cliff with no slow/safe fall option. Frigid is just irritating, you can Dragon mount out of it without triggering it, but if you move wrong…Why are they punishing gathering skills? This is the worst expansion i’ve played and it was my most anticipated.

1 Like

Pretty sure this was designed as a measure against bots

6 Likes

If you spam your dragon mount as soon as you finish a wind-swept herb you can be on your mount and not die when you get shunted off that inconvenient cliff. A lot of the time it doesn’t even seem to register one or both of the pushes if I’m on my dragon

Punishing legitimate players trying to enjoy this game does not seem a good solution to bots. Software engineering is all about solving problems but creating new ones to do that is not good design.

I cannot conceive of any redeeming reason for having done this to players. Does anyone think that this is awesome? This is really fun? Then again, why is it in the game?

I get the impression that the concerns of QA engineers on behalf of users fall on deaf ears during design meetings at Blizzard if QA engineer input is even solicited. They have to test this crap. I find it hard to believe any of them would tell development, “Wow! This is great! What took so long to make this so fun?!?!”

2 Likes

The windswept Herb is by far the worst one. I am pretty sure the reason Rousing Air is 2x the price of other elements is because nobody wants to stop and pick these ridiculously annoying herbs. Not only does it have a good chance of throwing you off a cliff, but it also just forces you to WAIT the debuff out before you can continue on your way.
Even if you spec into the air elemental herbing tree, it only reduces the amount you get thrown by 50%, which still doesnt really make it any more bearable.
And eventually it will give you slowfall if you fall too far. But that means you end up sitting there waiting for 30 seconds slowfalling off a cliff, still a HUGE timewaster and gathering efficiency loss.
At least with Molten, it reduces the damage you take enough to where you can ignore it eventually.
If they want to use Windswept as some weird anti-bot feature (which i doubt is the reason it exists) then they should make these herbs give like 50% more rousing air/herbs to make up for the time you lose just dealing with the debuff.

I specced into air and don’t get thrown at all any more.

Heh, I’ve been raving about how amazing gathering is this xpac. I just don’t understand people.

4 Likes

Of course you don’t. You’re a gnome.

They did actually manage to make gathering more fun.

2 Likes

You can have autoloot on and as soon as the bar is filled, hop on your dragon.

I must have a really high tolerance for chaos. I spent several minutes laughing the first time I got launched off the top of a cliff. Opened my spell book and dug out levitate for the first time in like forever. I’m ready for you now!

1 Like