Help returning player gear up

I am a returning player after being afk for 4 years. I am playing assass rogue. I have reached 120 and am progressing. My goal is to do the LFG raids. I am IL 395 now and I am planning to just enjoy the game until Shadowlands is out, then get back into raiding.
My question now is that I have gear that is about a 400 average, except the Helm. It is about 285 and I haven’t run across an upgrade. If I wanted to seek out a good helm, can anyone give me advise as to where to look. I have done google searches for upgrades and can’t locate anything except BIS info. I would greatly appreciate some advise on how to upgrade my helm.

Ok so I wrote the other guy an essay and don’t wanna copy paste it. Just check out my reply under that post.

Thanks, I did read your post in the other thread. I get it, that it is the end of the expansion and mostly folks are geared up. But, I am planning on getting back into playing ( I used to raid mythic/heroic in previous expansions). Until Shadowlands comes out, I’m just having fun, taking my toon as far as I can without getting too serious about it. I am enjoying the story and by SL, I will be able to play my rogue well (hopefully). Until then, I am just gearing to get into the last LFR raid.

I need to upgrade my helm, and the purpose of my post was to see if anyone knew of a way to check and see where I am most likely to get a drop. I couldn’t find a spot through google searches that gave me any help, so I thought I would post here and see if there were ideas. I really do appreciate the previous post you made.

If you just want any 400+ helm, your best bet is just to spam Timewalking. That’s decently easily and repeatable content for 425 gear. It won’t be an Azerite helm, but it shouldn’t really matter for you if progression isn’t what you’re after. Plus, if you’ve played during the past expacs, you’d have a natural advantage running these old content lol.

Great idea, thanks! If I did want an Azerite helm, any suggestions?

Just do a few +0 mythic dungeons. There are these “+0 World Tour” groups that pop up from time to time in the LFG page, and really, you can just try to start your own group too. It shouldn’t take long for you to get a 430 helm.

Also, as I mentioned in the other post, 5 timewalking dungeons per week nets you one piece of normal raid gear, and for all you know, that could be a helm. Same deal with Warfronts.

If you want to actually progress a bit, completing a single +12 dungeon will get you a guaranteed 465 Azerite helm next Tuesday, through the residuum vendor. That might be a bit hard without friends carrying you, though.