Help - Phased outside of orgrimmar

So for quite some time, I’m phased outside of orgrimmar.

I see “Windriders” and some “Horde Recruits”
The Horde Recruits - run out of Org and make a left toward the harbor.

I’ve checked the harbor, and there are no quests.
The boat is there, however.

The guy near the boat says to get on the boat - I get on the boat, and nothing ever happens.

The “phasing” stops about 100 yds from orgrimmar (around that big circle in the path where people duel). In fact, I can start a duel, and then phase myself into that phase, at will, eat up, then step back out and continue the duel, etc.

Anyway, looking for some help on why I’m stuck in this phase directly outside of Orgrimmar’s gates.

PS

This is (was?) a max level toon - 120/50 now. I have had this issue on my mage for about as long as I can remember - maybe 4-5 years or so now (I took a fairly long break from wow).

Anyway, someone on the General Forums said that a BLUE from CS forums could sometimes help people with this.

Thanks.

=-=-

EDIT:

OK – oddly enough, i found a weird cauldron in the phase i’m stuck in to interact with.

It gave me 9 extra thick mojos which wowhead basically says:

" I believe this is only usable during the Broken Shore scenario of the The Battle for Broken Shore questline."

So quite possibly I’m stuck in the Broken Shore scenario – how do i continue this or get out of it?

=-=-

EDIT:

SO watching some videos - I thin kthat Captain Russo should let me take the ship - by interacting with him. But he doesn’t for me.

Instead he just says:

“Welcome aboard, Akiah.
We’re all stocked and ready to ship out just as soon as you’re ready.”

And that’s it - no options to interact with him.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out what you may be missing that puts you in the phase you are describing, Akiah.

The dialog that you are referencing at the dock sound like you should be heading to the Broken Shores. Looking at your character you had an Artifact Weapon, but I don’t see a bunch of the quests for that intro line.

I’d recommend visiting Archivist Elysiana in the Violet Citadel in Dalaran. She should have some dialog that will allow you to do those starting quests. Try that and see if it helps.

I don’t see a Dalaran Hearthstone so you’ll need to find your way there. Keep in mind this is the Broken Isle Dalaran, not the one in the Crystalsong Forest for the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

2 Likes

Archivist Elysiana fixed me right up.

She didn’t have a quest, but interacting with her allowed me to replay the intro scenario - and everything is now back to normal.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Huzzah! Thanks for coming back with an update, Akiah. Glad to see you are back on track!

6 Likes

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Spoke with the Archivist but she did not have an option to replay the scenario. I did faction change many months ago from Alliance to Horde not sure if this could be causing the issue.

1 Like

Just for clarification, Kaiwen, you only see the Windriders and some Horde Recruits running out of Orgrimmar? On this character? Or are you seeing something different?

From what I can see you have Call of Duty in your quest log, which can phase the area. Have you gone to the end of the docks? After a few minutes of commentary from the orcs there the ship should pull up to take you to Vashj’ir.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s the exact same issue Akiah was having. I have had this issue for quite awhile now, since I came back to Horde, before I picked up Call of Duty. Haven’t really brought it up because I didn’t see a real issue with it until now, when I want to duel.

Interesting, it looks like you are on the Broken Shore intro, but you haven’t started any of the quests. You said you faction changed from Alliance? Did you start Legion over there? That would explain a bit of what I’m seeing.

I’d recommend completing the intro chain by picking up “Legion Returns” from the Warchief’s Command board.

4 Likes

It worked! TYVM!

4 Likes

Good to hear.

For the record, I probably have a faction change (or two) in my history as well. I also have so many toons, however, that I can’t remember what I switched to what and when i did what quests on who, etc.

5/5 stars for @Vrakthris

1 Like