Help me... Druid or warlock?

You can do what I did and start both. If you really want to farm gold and pvp the druid is a far better choice. Feline swiftness and travel form are amazing for resource gathering since you don’t get a mount until 40. Then there is the versatility of being able to tank, dps or heal. Druids in pvp are fantastic. Locks are fun but I don’t know why youd do a lock over a druid. And as long as you’re not trying to join a guild to have a main raiding spot, druids are always welcome in pugs because there just arent a whole lot of druids imo.

1 Like

I’ve got a 43 warrior that makes me want to gouge my eyes out everytime I log on to level him… I’m looking for a fun, healthy alternative. I honestly have no ambition to raid other than to get some gear for PvP, which was the intention with my warrior.
Gold and PvP is literally all I care about. Some people will ask “why do you need/want so much gold?” Well I like the feeling of having gold in my bag whenever I need it, and eventually if my warrior ever gets to 60 I will need 2000-3000g for epic mount, lionheart, and flurry axe/axe of the deep woods… god help me if I gotta come up with that money on a warrior lol

Meh run a rogue with herb/alchy or min/eng and have more funs. Love both locks and druids but rogues are the shiz for soloing. PS learn First Aid.

Lol the warrior grind is literally killing me and my enjoyment in wow… wouldn’t a rogue just be the same **** grinding as combat?

I always loved the rogue. Most of the time you can choose your battles. Lethality/Combat sword spec very very fun

How’s that any better/different from sweeping strikes/arms grinding?

the similarity between classes is that they are both melee. Rogue warrior are as similar as lock mage… both of those are casters.

Rogues are very fun to play. I have always liked the Vanilla warrior but my rogues always leveled faster because I enjoyed playing them more. You might want to give it a shot and see how you like it.

I get what you’re saying, I’m just having trouble understanding/seeing how a combat rogue (the fastest level spec) would be any quicker than dual wield fury warrior? … and dual wield fury is technically slower than 2h.

Warlock -

• Very flexible in terms of solo survivability
  • Easy to kite
  • Pure DPS class, great if you never want to heal but reduces desireability in some cases
  • Requires Soul Shards for some abilities. Using Siphon Soul is literally marking your own location as a target.
  • Wanted in raids to a point.

Druid -

• Stealth is an option
  • Most armor of any caster in the game (360% as Moonkin)
  • Looked down on due to being a hybrid, low raid desirability
  • Competes with Rogues for leather or casters for cloth. Set gear is healing
  • Can break out of CC
  • Has heals, which increases desirability in some cases. HoTs are also nice in BGs
  • Lower DPS than Warlock (generally) and much worse mana management

I personally love caster Druids, mostly because melee is “meh” for me. That said, having to fight with Mages and Warlocks for PvE raid drops is a major turnoff since some think if it’s not your native armor type you have no right to it regardless of the stats.

You can stealth past mobs and choose your battles. That does make leveling faster.

What do you mean?

I’m starting to lean toward warlock honestly and just leave tanking to people who like tanking… but I do like being wanted and I like the idea of zero questing downtime and the mobility of Druids.

Siphon Soul is a purple laser between you and your target. Sure, your target may be dying (which is why you’re using it) but all their buddies can trace it right back to you. No hiding in bushes, or next to a tree, or whatever.

The color and brightness alone are eye-catching so you can either go without new Soul Shards in PvP, or red flag yourself as a target.

Interesting, I’ve never thought of soul siphon being a “target on your head”… that is a major downside to playing a lock, needing shards. Do they disappear when you log off?

Anyone else here play both? Which is better for solo play, wpvp, instanced PvP and farming?.. its so 50/50 for me.

Soul Shards do not disappear on logoff, no. And you can get a bag to hold 20 pretty cheap. My advice is to try Druid if you want Druid. You’ll either like it and be glad you did, or shrug and go back to Lock without worrying about Druids anymore.

Characters are not like girlfriends/boyfriends, it’s perfectly fine if you have multiples and play with each until you decide which suits you best.

2 Likes

I’m a polygamist so… jk lol
Your a warrior, am I right in thinking I should reroll my 43 war because I’m hating the grind and starting to feel like it’s a bad option for Wpvp, bgs, and gold making at 60?

Outside of that yea I might have to play both unfortunately both of those classes don’t really evolve until the 30s… feral doesn’t even get kitty form till 20. And lock are better off wanding till like 25.

lock
10char

druids can only heal and sometimes tank at end game btw

Stealth just seems so good for 48-60 grinding on a PvP server, and for Viet-stranglethorn

warlock is fear+dot=win

1 Like

Powershifting is a thing