Help for my dad's old account

Hey, I have an unusual question. My friends and I have all come back to play classic, and my dad wants to come back too. He would like to reactivate his old account, but it was over 4 years ago since he’s played. He does not remember his account password, and also doesn’t remember the password to the old email account he used, which he only ever used for WoW. He still has his old authenticator though. Is there a way for him to regain his old account? He started back during Burning Crusade. Any help would be useful. Thanks!

He can recover his account. He just needs to open a ticket using the Support button at the top of the page. There is an option for account recovery. He may need ID to recover the account, but if he has a physical authenticator that can help in the account recovery.

4 Likes

To add to Rufflebottom’s excellent advice, don’t forget to look into using the Recruit a Friend program!

If any of the accounts have been dormant, your dad’s account for example, for at least 2 years, then they qualify to be recruited!

Welcome back!

5 Likes

How awesome. I taught my son to play when he was only 7. Now he’s 15 and has a M+ Raider IO score of 2800 and carries me through my weekly +10. Make sure you and your friends play with your dad every now and then. It’ll make him so happy.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice everyone!

4 Likes