Hello to moon guard new to the server

hello to moon guard im new to the server and new to onine rp im an old timer in D&D style play in real life use to play first addition advanced and second addition then stop getting back into the rp here and looking for guidance and help Im 51 years old typing speed snail or slower completly new to wow did a little bit on the newplayer server then switch to here hope to find the guidance and help need i can figure out how to put a charicter back ground and story here but have one on wowhead and in game on trp3 addon

First, welcome to Moonguard! I hope you’ve enjoyed your time here so far. You said you have a story created and on your TRP, and if so you’re ahead of most new rp players. Getting an addon, and creating a story is a big step toward your rp fun. I’m not sure what help you need but I would hop into any open events. I can easily point you to the many horde weekly events you could join in on, but you’re posting on an alliance character so I’ll give you the event calendar post. Alliance and horde use this post.

edited to remove incorrect calendar. Kaceys posted the correct one in the next reply

Sit back and watch others until you’re ready to introduce yourself, or just jump on in. You should know that /s and /y is in character unless you put your text within double parenthesis like ((hey everyone)). Do you have any specific questions? Do you know how to emote in chat?

1 Like

Wrong Calendar!

There you go!

Howdy! Welcome to the server!

Thank you. I did a search and pulled the first one. I should have checked the date :rofl: edited my first post to remove old link.

thank you i have very little if any knowledge of or use of emote and slang used in chat

From one Moonguard newbie to another, welcome!

1 Like

How to emote in chat; type /me into chat window and then type your emote. If you’re adding speach to the emote then enclose the speach with “”. Example:

/me Removes his helmet, dropping it to the ground, and kicking it aside. A sly grin breaks across his face “I have nothing to hide.”

That sentence would appear in an orange font similar to other emotes like /sit /dance /wave etc, and after pressing enter would read like this:

[Mekgrim]: Removes his helmet, dropping it to the ground, and kicking it aside. A sly grin breaks across his face “I have nothing to hide.”

thank you that makes more sense to me now oh boy do i have a lot to learn lol

1 Like