Hello a "new player" here who needs some inf!

HI;
I started playing WoW, since COV-19, so for me it was March 28th…
I was sent to a very messy realm… which was supposed to be a server for new players… but with the most experience I get/got, the most I learn what is going on… my server is pure trash in terms of economy… ppl pay for a simple Black Market Container like 300k… it is not fair for a new player to get old stuff with that method, while I am not force to pay for tokens: it is competing or letting old content go away…

So I ask: can you suggest me a really good server for new players? I am tired of boosted rich boys, multiboxing and overprice stuff over AH and nothing is done… because we buy tokens and Blizzard likes it… but for a new player to catch up in a clean way it is nearly imposible… imagine I am n00b getting gold and when I find a method another guy sells my stuff for 90% less. I would like to move to a almost dead server

in case you wonder…, english is my not main languague so excuse for my bad grammar.

Sadly just about every realm has multi-boxers and people who “control” the market in some form or another. So you’ll run into this regardless of the realm you pick. In terms of a realm, some realms have been merged together so you can have more interaction with others.

There are also premade groups and a premade finder where you can make your own 5-10-15-20 up to 40 man groups with other players from other realms to participate in end-game content.

I’m sure people will be able to provide more information.

2 Likes

If anything a dead server might be hyperinflated…server pop is not necessarily a 1:1 correlation to average player wealth.

I’m active-ish on 3 servers: Cairne, Aerie Peak and Wyrmrest Accord. WRA economy seems bat poop crazy. Cairne recently got linked to other servers and the economy is still in flux. Also, end of expansion economy is bad. Aerie Peak on alliance seems ok.

Why do you want dead realms specifically?

This is a problem on every server. The Auction House is now Horde/Alliance combined and also shared between the realms in that “connected realm” system.

Moving to a dead server isn’t going to help you get gold, if anything things are significantly more expensive on a dead server because there is less players which means there is a smaller demand.

Also at no point do you need to buy a token to “catch up.” Not sure what you are even trying to catch up to, but 98% of the things in the AH you can grind on your own.

1 Like

Yea…little late, but I would advise against joining a “new player” realm. It’s just a realm they want to funnel more people onto.

Personally, I wouldn’t buy an unclaimed container for more than 50k. Most of the time you’re going to get nothing of value out of it. Also, as a new player, I wouldn’t really concern myself with the BMAH just yet. There are plenty of things to do and farm without going to the bmah in search of them.

2 Likes

You’ll probably want to hold on for a few weeks as pre-patch is drastically going to change things and then SL release will change them even more. Honestly just playing the game shouldn’t require all that much gold. Just repairs and basic consumables if you M+ or raid.

1 Like

I hear Ragnaros is great

2 Likes

black market containers generally aren’t something which a new player would buy.

they’re a thing to throw gold at when you have too much gold.

4 Likes

Don’t worry about the BMAH. Don’t buy anything unless you have 3x that amount of gold in your bags. This concept can also apply to real life purchases. You’re welcome (:

hahah I headed to Ragnaros and while things are very cheap to get… you can’t sell anything… what cost 100golds is sold over there for 30g. And my Realm what cost 100g is sold for 250g… but if you mind to farm something for 6h to get at least 7k you will see another multiboxing guy selling it for 999g and you wonder do they have that much free time?

it is a big mess for a new player to get value items from AH or get some golds for business.

The only good business I am able to hold is buying mounts and resell them, but it takes a while too… sometimes 2 or 3 weeks to earn 30k or 80k… I like to sell stuff and bid… that is what I do IRL… but omg when I see all this mess around that piss me off…

MY realm is full of boosting services… So those guys control the system along with tokens buyer and multiboxing guys… I found some servers that there is not that much of boosting…

Boosting is a very huge problem for me, it is a gamble to assemble a team for any M+ and even raids… I was not able to reach in time M N’alotha… I think the most disgusting thing for me it is boosting services which creates very rich players who can afford anything and second multiboxing and their lowest prices…

Sry for my bad english.

I don’t understand the server issue. It’s all cross realm and shard based anyway. Do servers even matter?

If you want the best prices the busiest servers are your best bet like people have mentioned. There are still big wallets who throw around their cash and control markets but there is a bunch more competition.

BMAH is always rough though.

Advice lol. Don’t play that’s advise I would give.

All the AHs will normalize once the new expansion begins. I suggest go to the largest Area 52.

It’ll be best if you wait for server connections are complete, you can create a level 1 character to take a peek inside the servers auction house, and see what kind of community the servers are.

Wow progress can help you determine if the server is Alliance or Horde dominated, just by looking at guilds.

Area 52, Thrall, Hyjal would be the 3 servers to look into if you change your mind and want to be in a high pop server for Horde.

2 Likes

I would say that boosted rich boys, multiboxing and overprice stuff is a problem most places, in game and IRL. :slight_smile:

A well-known EU gold-making streamer, SamadanPlaysWoW, started a US account and did a video " Choosing a Server for Gold Making | Wow Gold Guide | Episode 001" Don’t blindly go to that server, but you may want to see his thought processes.

There’s no need for that brotato

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us

2 Likes

My advice is to not worry about the economy or making gold right now. Just play the game and enjoy yourself. As everyone has said, the prepatch will change everything anyway.

I remember my time going to a dead realm to try and play the bmah and get stuff with minimal competition… Everything was super overpriced :slight_smile:

Avoid these realms because usually its 1-3 people maybe slightly more who control the market and are actual literal goblins irl personalitywise.

TIME IS MONEY FRIEND.