Hellfire Citadel Bugged!

Impossible to finish the place, Khagdar bugged and won't make portal !

We were doing Hellfire Citadel for the achievements (to get the Fel Wolf mount) and we got stuck at the point where Archmage Khagdar is SUPPOSED to create a portal (after he says the Last seal has been broken) and nothing happens. We had this problem last week, he never gave us the portal to keep going, we tried something , we died, and somehow it brought us to Mannoroth and we were able to finish it. This week, no luck. Again he doesn't give us the portal, There's a fel seal in front of the door, Nothing can be done. We did 9/13 bosses: Kormrok,Shadow-Lord Iskar, Socrethar The Eternal, Tyrant Velhari, Hellfire Assault, Iron Reaver, Gorefiend, Hellfire High-Council and Kilrogg Deadeye. Archmage Khagdar simply does NOTHING ! We tried going out and reseting instances, did not work, We tried Logging out, didn't work. We only have the option for 2 portals and not the third enabling us to go further... I already filed a bug report but I have very strong feeling it'll just be ignored or not really given any thought so.. We the only ones having that issue ? We also tried walking through the whole place and we have doors that are closed/locked that should be opened... Can you please fix this, it would be fun to be able to actually finish the place ! Thx !
Sounds like you haven't killed all bosses - you haven't killed Zakuun and Xhul'horac.
1 Like
10/30/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Ryuumiluna
I already filed a bug report but I have very strong feeling it'll just be ignored or not really given any thought so..

I'm not entirely certain why you'd think that, Ryuumiluna, but if your expectation is that it will immediately be looked into and resolved, that isn't likely to happen but that doesn't mean nothing will be done. Investigating a bug, finding and implementing a resolution is a process, one that takes time.

As for the issue... You said 9 out of 13... Have you killed any of the bosses in Destructor’s Rise?

Or if you have did you kill Xhul'horac before Zakuun? If so, from what I could find there is a reported issue that appears to cause an issue when you kill Xhul'horac before other bosses.

The current workaround is to do a soft reset... this requires you to leave the instance for 30 minutes. That will allow the trash to respawn including the NPCs that guard the door. The door should open when you kill them.
2 Likes
10/30/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Vrakthris
10/30/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Ryuumiluna
I already filed a bug report but I have very strong feeling it'll just be ignored or not really given any thought so..

I'm not entirely certain why you'd think that, Ryuumiluna, but if your expectation is that it will immediately be looked into and resolved, that isn't likely to happen but that doesn't mean nothing will be done. Investigating a bug, finding and implementing a resolution is a process, one that takes time.

As for the issue... You said 9 out of 13... Have you killed any of the bosses in Destructor’s Rise?

Or if you have did you kill Xhul'horac before Zakuun? If so, from what I could find there is a reported issue that appears to cause an issue when you kill Xhul'horac before other bosses.

The current workaround is to do a soft reset... this requires you to leave the instance for 30 minutes. That will allow the trash to respawn including the NPCs that guard the door. The door should open when you kill them.

Just tried this and it doesn't work—the hallway leading to Xul'horac and Fel Lord Zakuun's wing is locked and the trash wont respawn. I submitted a bug as well. Seems like this issue has been ongoing for a few months now.
This happened to us a few weeks ago and the soft reset worked. If it hasn't reset, it's possible it wasnt empty for a full 30 minutes. Any raid member entering even at 29 minutes resets the timer.
10/30/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Yindar
This happened to us a few weeks ago and the soft reset worked. If it hasn't reset, it's possible it wasnt empty for a full 30 minutes. Any raid member entering even at 29 minutes resets the timer.

This^

I had the issue once and left for a few hours just to be sure and they respawned so I was able to finish.

Don't try and re-enter at the bear minimum time to reset.
That's just it, I CAN'T reach destructor's Rise, There's no way to get there ! That's precisely my point ! We did all that we (could), Khagdar won't give us the portal to go and even if I take the portal, only 2 choices show up ! We went around the whole place a few times, made sure all bosses were dead, at least the ones accessible !

However and thank you for that, we did not WAIT 30 minutes after reseting, we just went back in to , no changes.

AS for Vrakthris, The reason I said that was because of a few bugs I had reported before that took many many months to be fixed and some were not fixed at all so, hence my doubts. I understand that all bugs may not get fixed right away and that they take a while, I also understand that you guys have a lot of work on your hands but months and months and sometimes never ?... Better safe than sorry, that's why I like to make a bug report (as clear and visible as possible) :D

Cheers !

Ryuumi-Luna
11/01/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Ryuumiluna
However and thank you for that, we did not WAIT 30 minutes after reseting, we just went back in to , no changes.
30-minutes outside of the raid is the server reset. It is not the same as right-clicking your portrait and selecting "reset all instances". If you did not wait outside the raid for the 30 minutes, you did not actually reset the raid.
11/01/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Rufflebottom
11/01/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Ryuumiluna
30-minutes outside of the raid is the server reset. It is not the same as right-clicking your portrait and selecting "reset all instances". If you did not wait outside the raid for the 30 minutes, you did not actually reset the raid.

This. "Reset all instances" only resets instances that you do NOT get locked to. Which is pretty much normal dungeons. Anything with a lockout ID of any type that you get saved to, is not affected by that option.
This happened to me and two of my friends last night. We hearthed/died, and came back, to find that simply leaving did not fix the issue. However, we exited and reset all instances, and it did fix the issue for us. We, too, also kill Xul'horac before the other bosses. Now that I've read this post, we'll try killing the other two first. Thanks!

Contributing to this thread,

I tried to clear HFC early this expansion - like week 2 or 3. I engaged Xhul’horac and killed him, but the door out of his room would not open, and all the doors in the instance became closed and would not open. I even came back later that week to find the issue still persisted.

This has been an issue for a while.

I know if you kill Xhul’horac too fast the game will bug. You have to wait for the fire to start on the stairs before you kill him or you’ll get the bug.

1 Like

Holy goodness, what a necro.

Have you tried any of the suggestions in the above posts?

4 Likes

Here it is January 20th of 2020 and the bug is still present =*(

1 Like

Then you’ll want to post in the aptly-named Bug Report Forum. You can also submit the bug in-game through the Help menu.

1 Like

It was in the bug forum at one point I believe and then moved. Its a known but for months and still happens.

Knowing about an issue and being able to find a resolution to it can be entirely different matters. Often it requires the ability to reliably reproduce the bug so that they can discover how it happens. That isn’t always as forthcoming, which is why it is important to post in the Bug report forum with whatever details you can.

As this thread continues to be bumped, and additional posts really should be in the bug report forum I’m going to lock this to encourage that. Thanks all.

4 Likes