Heirlooms in Wrath

Do you want them to release heirlooms in Wrath or would you rather them keep it out? Just curious

2 Likes

Bg leveling with looms was always fun

17 Likes

Heirlooms were one of the worst things to be put into this game and they could have taken them out with the new wrath. But instead, they want to do other dumb crap.

“Why? Because it invalidates your 19 twinks? I cannot possibly think of another reason.”
-It invalidates all low level gear on the same slots. That should be obvious enough for you to have possibly thought of. They also have unnecessary XP boosts, as if leveling wasn’t easy/fast enough already by wrath. There’s just no good reason for heirlooms to exist.

Now go back to your retail realm which I’m sure has plenty of heirlooms for you to use. No need to come into our forum to defend them here.

“…aren’t you pro-LFD, or am I mixing that up with someone else?”
-If you think I am pro LFD, then you must not understand the difference between idealism and pragmatism. I do not like nor want LFD. I always hated it. But the narcissistic developer and playerbase have put us in a situation where LFD is NEEDED, no matter how you feel about it. That is all I will say about this here because the thread is supposed to be about heirlooms, not LFD.

“Please stop with this.”
-Maybe you should take your own advice because your 1st paragraph is rubbish and your 2nd actually supports my side, G G. But I will stop because I’m not going to repeat myself for you.

11 Likes

Heirlooms are great, most of the people who hate them play twinks

13 Likes

heirlooms were amazing, didn’t have to worry about whether or not you had to replace all of your important pieces of gear because most of those slots would already level up with you up to a certain extent. you actually got stronger as you leveled up rather than getting weaker due to not getting an upgrade in most slots and then having to fight higher level mobs

10 Likes

Heirlooms were amazing because they made it so I don’t have to do things that people do in MMORPGs.

7 Likes

IDC that much. I have more max lvl alts this go around already then I did way back then, so I would likely use Heirlooms much less. Then again it was a nice heroic badge sink for when you have so many badges already. Might not have as many badges this go around though w/o LFD.

And there it is lol.

Ironically posted or not, its true. All the things people want to change, is because they dont actually want to play an MMO.

7 Likes

I looooovvveeeddddd having a PvP “I Win” button and never needing to die ever. /s

Yeah because leveling your 30th toon through zangarmarsh is super compelling. Just block them from BGs. For what they’re meant for they are great.

4 Likes

Whats that?

Why? Because it invalidates your 19 twinks? I cannot possibly think of another reason.
Oh no…god forbid it took me whole 8 hours less to level to max level…oh nooooo.

And even so, sure, 19 twinks is a thing… Even 79 twinks are a thing, though Looms are trash for 79 twinks, 19 twinks are played by such a tiny minority that advocating for them is like taking away rights from women…oh wait… 2022 everyone.

10 Likes

I liked them originally but now days I feel they were a bad move because they were so good they made the leveling experience less interesting. Part of the adventure, even if you are leveling a duplicate class; is the acquisition of gear. The BoA stuff strips part of the adventure from the character development and cheapens the experience.

7 Likes

For people looking for a challenge, go look up Silkroad Online. One of the starting quests was a three parter that consisted of kill 1000 tigers, 4000 tigers, and then 10000 tigers and awarded you with a crappy green item. Oh and there wasn’t mob tagging. The player that got the killing blow got credit. The death penalty would wipe out multiple DAYS worth of grinding. It was every man for himself out in the world. You could group up but the killing blow rule still applied (no shared experience).

WoW was created to explicitly be casual in comparison to the mmos that were available at the time. This rewrite of history that it was somehow intended to be super difficult and only allowed “the best” to succeed is utter fantasy.

Look at the RTS it was created off of. Warcraft was incredibly simple in comparison to many of the alternative strategy games of the time. Its claim to fame was the graphics and the lore of the world not its complexity.

8 Likes

I hate heirlooms because twinks. Also hate heirlooms because half of the gear you never replace. No quest rewards are good enough and even a lot of the blues you find are made obsolete.
The experience boost could be on use items instead. I hate the idea of equipping gear at level 1 that scales with your level so you never replace it until cap. It shouldn’t be in classic wrath at all.

1 Like

Heirlooms are fine since you can’t get them before your first trip through, so they are limited to alts.

11 Likes

Absolutely they should be I love air looms my only issue is I want them to give us the air loom tab because if anyone remembers it was an absolutely miserable experience absolutely absolute miserable experience mailing them 2 different alts and OK what anyone says you could not mail them to a character that was not on the same faction or serve.

So if you were an alliance player you were not mailing those to anything that was hard or I’d nevor a different server It made things so much more annoying than they had to be so yeah I want air limbs and II want the airloom tab.

1 Like

If we can’t have LFD, then we shouldn’t get heirlooms either. Blizz wants us to be so miserable we go back to Retail, so that requires removing all quality-of-life improvements.

6 Likes

Xp in bgs invalidates twinks unless you turn it off then your not queuing with lvlrs. Twink against twink and bis gear is still better than heirlooms

Personally I really dislike the feeling of never being able to get upgrades in slots that you have heirlooms. Its very against the spirit of an mmorpg where upgrading your character, often through gear, is one of the primary goals imo. I don’t mind the exp buff or even having extra stats but I really wish they had just let it be a buff for your character rather than a piece of gear.

That said I truly do not care what they do with them in WotLK classic because it more than likely won’t make any difference to me at all.