Heirlooms Dont Scale with Azerite 110-120

This has to be an oversight. Azerite armor comes in at 280+ ilvl and when you level from 110-120 with heirlooms you have way less ilvl than that. You’re missing on average like 30-40k health and all the commensurate main stat damage. It makes leveling terrible and BG’s unplayable.

2 Likes

So don’t wear them.

6 Likes

Heirlooms should not be best in slot. Azerite Armor is also pretty much worthless if you don’t have the AP levels. There’s been several posts on here where people levelled faster in normal gear, but its going to depend on your playstyle no matter what. Either levelling path is pretty easy.

3 Likes

Clever response, except they are there to be worn and 45% XP gain is stupid not to have. Easier to fix the scaling issue which is clearly off.

I know it might be too expensive for some.

6 Likes

So not saying this is a duplicate but these threads may provide context that is important:

Edit: found it

4 Likes

It wasn’t.

/thread

2 Likes

I have my characters equip the naval mission ring, back, and legs to get the 20% bonus experience and hit max level between invasions and questing in a zone and a half. Dual wield classes get a reasonable benefit from heirloom weapons as you get around 1 quest reward weapon per level.

Oh you’re a developer?

We aren’t talking BIS… we are talking that they missed 40+ ilvls per piece. Thats obviously an oversight and not intended. When leveling you are consistently given higher ilvl pieces than your heirlooms. Not to the extent that the azerite pieces out-scale the heirlooms however.

2 Likes

What’s more likely?

• Developers want you to use azerite gear while leveling through the expansion that introduced azerite gear into the game, or
  • Developers want you to use heirlooms instead of azerite gear while leveling through the expansion that introduced azerite gear into the game.
3 Likes

Heirlooms are working the way they are supposed to. They level the same consistent rate as they always have. The outlier is the azurite gear starting at an inflated item level and their stat budgets being wonky due to not having secondary stats. ‘Fixing’ the heirlooms will do more to break them, especially if they end up normalising the azurite gear in the next xpac like they did artifact weapons for this xpac.

The added power the azurite gear gives you makes up for the xp boost you lose so leveling takes about the same amout of time either way.

Current speed levelers and guides advise against equipping heirlooms in azerite slots

1 Like

Consider the follow:
Heirloom gear for 110-120 is really meant for when we’re going to the next expansion. Once Azerite is likely deactivated much like our artifact weapons, the heirlooms will shine once again.

4 Likes

OP this is the correct expectation for BFA heirlooms. You’re pretty much buying/upgrading or the next expansion.

1 Like

It was these same developers that dropped BFA heirloom upgrade items into the game within the first 6-9 months of the expansion rather than in the next to last or last patch as is usually the case.

So it’s either:

1. The left hand developers don’t know what the right hand developers are doing
    or
  2. The developers are just that bad
1 Like

You’re still getting use out of most of the heirlooms for leveling alts, just not a full benefit at this time unless you want to sacrifice power, but as other posters here have pointed out it’s actually slower even with the added bonuses.

I fully agree this needs to be addressed, as it’s a huge design flaw, imo.

But a kinda-sorta “fix” for the issue is to just quest in Azerite gear then swap to the heirlooms for quest turn-ins.

It’s what I had to do with my Mage alt - I was getting destroyed solo questing in heirlooms and it was taking forever to kill things. This method worked wonders.

It’s not. It’s been like this every expansion. Heirlooms are always a lot lower at the start. We went through this in Legion too. Heirloom ilevel was crap until you hit roughly 104 or 106.

idk why the chest, shoulders and helm can’t just morph into Azerite at 110.

Leveled two characters from 110-120 wearing heirlooms (missing out on azerite pieces) and it was just fine. Stop whining…

I just used the cloak and the legs. Didn’t even upgrade the Azerite slots.