Heirlooms are kind of useless in Shadowlands

About a year and a half ago I purchased upgrades 110 upgrades for most of my heirlooms, mostly so I could level each class to experience their order hall questlines in Legion. I didn’t have any sort problem investing that much gold into them at first but after Blizz announced that the XP buff on heirlooms will be removed in Shadowlands I don’t really know what to feel. At first I didn’t believe it but then it was 100% confirmed then I felt incredibly angry because that is alot of gold to someone who doesn’t farm gold on a daily basis. Then I became just plain annoyed when I read that this might be planned:

The set bonuses are as follows:

• (2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.

• (4) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons, and battlegrounds.

• (5) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing (X) Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% (Primary Stat) for 2 min. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 min.

• (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced up to 30%.

This info came from WoWhead so I’m not sure its 100% confirmed that this is what is planned. None of those set bonuses are REMOTELY worth the amount of time and gold a lot of players have put into getting and upgrading their heirlooms. If this is what Blizz plans to do with heirlooms, I’d rather just get my gold back for the upgrades and use it towards a WoW token and add it to my Blizz balance. Am I the only one upset over this or is it kind of justified?

17 Likes

Bought a couple of WoW Tokens to help finish my heirlooms and I don’t feel ripped off. If you paid a bucket load out of pocket instead of grinding them down that’s your own poor purchasing.

A set of items you can carry with you from beginning to end that do not need to be repaired is handy.

13 Likes

The new heirloom change is a positive one, I think.

With the new levelling in Shadowlands being about 70% faster than it was previously, the heirloom experience buffs aren’t really necessary. The changes keep us in line with new players, and make it easier to introduce friends to WoW without being exhausted by them not having heirlooms.

They’re still heirlooms, which scale with you while you’re levelling. Kind of like how you’d want an heirloom weapon, even if it didn’t grant an experience buff – because it’s still really good to have one.

7 Likes

I used gold I earned in-game. . . I havent used Tokens to get gold

3 Likes

Does that make you feel morally superior? :slight_smile:

That’s fair but in the end my end point still stands. Even after the heirloom change, any of my baby toons will still be running with heirlooms.

@Valimond Not really helpful to the conversation.

4 Likes

Not using actual currency to get virtual video game money? To be honest with you, yeah it does. But people are free to do with their hard earned dollars as they see fit.

5 Likes

Heirlooms are far from useless, dude. They level with you. The bonuses are mediocre, but who cares? It’s gear you don’t have to replace as you level.

2 Likes

You do know those 2 sentences cancel one another out right?

My toons will be as well, but I feel they could’ve made better set bonuses.

3 Likes

Not going to lie, those set bonuses lick but considering I usually out-level most set-items by the time I get them…

It isn’t much of an issue for me because as Lhayne pointed out. The gear levels with you so I’ll at least have those set item bonuses. :laughing: Yeah… RNG really , really hates me. I think this entire expansion I only got maybe 4 actual gear items from raids and dungeons. Everything else was blasted runes.

Calls heirlooms kind of worthless, says he wasted money on them… then says he’s obviously going to use them.

LOL

3 Likes

Well, I kind of have to seeing as how I cant get the gold back.

3 Likes

So over a year ago, you bought something that you got the intended use out of, and now you want a refund. Cool story.

7 Likes

But you don’t have to use them if they are now useless so which is it? Are they useless or do they actually still merit using? Hint: It is one or the other.

1 Like

No one is forcing you, dude. It’s your choice to use them. And using them means they’re not worthless. Shocking concept, huh?

1 Like

They love people who pay for upgrades despite coming nerfs. They nerfed heirloom stats hard in Legion a few short weeks after introducing 110 upgrades, when people had spent lots of real money on tokens to buy gold to upgrade them. It felt pretty sleazy.

5 Likes

That is because it is. But looking at it from the other side they are a business. Items that reduce content consumption time that isn’t a level boost purchase is bad for business

And yet they were still useful, people still use them. So they didn’t get screwed.

1 Like

These sound fine to me.

They will still level with you so you wont be swapping armor every 5 minutes and redoing gear sets.

The bonuses sound okay, not sure on the 5set one but I’m not impressed anymore by dps meters.

Clearly not useless by any stretch of the imagination, and providing a clear boon that people without them do not have.

I’m so tired of this whole “I must rush rush rush all content, now and always, it must be faster or I QUIT so I’m stamping my feet!!” mindset that’s infected this game since Legion.

WoW was fine before Heirlooms existed, it’ll be fine when they remove the xp boost on them.

Leveling in the finder as most do will still be plenty fast, and questing will still be questing.

If you want to level so fast that you’re willing to pay for it… Blizzard will sell you a Character boost, you know?.

Do Character boosts make your Heirlooms more or less useless?.

If someone boosts a character and doesn’t buy Heirlooms does that undermine your experience?.

Maybe that would have been a wiser choice to spend your gold or money on in the first place if you’re to be in such a hurry, no?.

2 Likes