Heirlooms are kind of useless in Shadowlands

This has been part of the game for much longer than Legion there young fella…unless thats a veiled attempt to cry about mythic+

Not really, sure people always had powerleveling, but it was never the driving focus of everything until + modes came along.

I would like to introduce you to the concept of “Opportunity Cost”

1 Like

Except when it’s an item to help people get through OLD content, in order to get them to CURRENT content, which is more likely to keep them engaged and continue to stay subbed to the game, which is GOOD business.

Heirlooms were nerfed to the ground and made useless. :thinking:

3 Likes

The 5 set bonus might as well not exist.
The number of times you actually gain a level in combat versus at a quest hub means it will almost never benefit players. Also it will only ever trigger 49 times for a character starting at level 1.
The rested exp bonuses are mostly just not good. For people who level an 1 alt at a time without long breaks it will be of virtually zero benefit.
The bonus to ooc regen is concerning. In the current game, it is very fast. So either this bonus will be so small it won’t matter or they nerf our current regen and this will restore it.

The flat bonus exp we have now benefits everyone equally.
The new bonuses, not so much.

7 Likes

I think this is what we’d call a life lesson tbh. I understand why anyone would be angry when you invest in something, and it turns out to not be worth the investment. But part of life is in accepting a loss for a loss.

1 Like

You’ve had them over a year and a half and you’ve USED them to level… there’s no reason for a refund.

5 Likes

Is that you Uncle Iroh?

1 Like

I see it differently. I absolutely got my moneys worth in use to date. I am an altoholic and have leveled more characters than I can really remember at this point so mine paid for themselves long ago.

Still, when I level new characters moving forward (not if, I am a hard core altoholic) I will still use them. Are they as good as they used to be? Will have to wait and see as they claim to have shortened the leveling curve. There is still a lot of value in wearing a set of armor start to finish that needs not be replaced so I am thinking they still have a lot of miles left on them.

That said, I could see where someone that may have only recently purchased and upgraded a set (say, since Legion) may feel a bit butthurt.

3 Likes

Maybe so, but I also didn’t invest in them for only a little over a years worth of playing either.

1 Like

I will credit you with that at least. Often these posts nosedive right into the “Blizz owes me all my gold back for these looms I have leveled 20 toons with over the past few years”!

So thank you :slight_smile:

Not if you can get them to sub longer or even better pay for a boost. It’s a risk reward equation. AB wants to max their reward. The heirlooms being nerfed isn’t likely to keep people from coming back. But it will increase the odds of people boosting their characters!

And is unnecessary in SL. Which is why they removed it.

OP is still using them. So if the lesson is “you spent currency on something you used and will continue to use,” then sure.

And you’ll keep using them. You even said so yourself. Wtf. LOL

1 Like

What do you want? They are making leveling easier across the board? You want them to increase leveling time just so heirlooms can be useful?

You want them to keep the lower leveling time and the heirloom bonus ? Now you level to 60 in 5hr and complain about heirloom getting no use.

Honestly, I’m not going to viciously attack Blizz, I know that most of them are normal people doing what they believe to be best for the game. I’m still annoyed with their choice however. I guess I didn’t type my post in the most presentable way.

1 Like

I think it’s fine. They did what they needed when they needed. Now they do something else instead of being gray items. With the exception of the 5 set, I think they’re all fairly useful. I almost feel like they should have retired them all together and if you had them when they were live, you keep them. A going away present for everyone who leveled the tedious way.

(Also, there should be a juiced up 8 set for people who busted their hump to get that fishing ring. No I don’t have it.)

1 Like

Getting people to current content faster will keep them subbed longer.

Reason: People join the game when they do more often to play whatever the current content is.

When they find out they may need to spend a bunch of time just getting there, they will be more likely to quit.

Sure, getting a boost will get them there faster (which is why they include free ones with new xpacs), but speeding up leveling to get them to current faster also does that.

This is why they’ve done a level squish, along with taking the XP bonus from heirlooms (which not every player has) and baking it into the game for EVERYONE to access, and amping it up even more.

Mildly annoying, just join team Recruit-a-Friend like me whenever you need to level an alt since RaF still has its 50% bonus :slight_smile:

I’d much rather have a faster leveling experience across the board WITHOUT looms + xp pots + rings + serenity buff etc, than have slow-*** leveling without all those things.

Items that scale with you will always be useful, and I definitely got my money’s worth out of all of the ones I bought.

1 Like