Heirloom Changes Discussion

Honestly, just add 1ilvl for every 2 pieces you have equipped.

1 Like

4 set bonus will be useless, and deadly in neutral hubs/warmode on scenarios.
Rested XP bonus is laughably bad.

Move speed and/or move speed proc when killing enemies.
Copy the Vampiric Speed Azerite trait, make it the 3 or 4pc bonus.

1 Like

You can enchant them I have some heirlooms that are 12 years old with old enchants on them. I’ve been using my same MOP weapons since mop.

1 Like

And you have to make them and then enchant them right? You can’t enchant them in the Heirloom tab? And once enchanted, it has to stay in your bag on a toon?

I agree that (4) is bad. I think I say a thread saying movement speed should replace it. I think… ground mount speed by 3%. A little dumb classic touch to it. haha
But again I agree 4 piece need change just slightly. Nothing op or fancy but… 99% of level be doing quest turn in

Yes, you need to create the heirloom to enchant it. And then you’d need to hold on to that item or you’d need to enchant another heirloom.

2 Likes

Not surprised people are upset, but I had hoped with the explanation given there would be less bitterness.
Again, leveling in Shadowlands is faster than it is currently WITH heirlooms on.
The gear still scales and likely outpaces most of what you’d get.

I can say that for sure in many expansion choices right now.
Chromie time is great, but you end up with VERY little gear depending on where you choose.

Either way, Heirlooms are still very valuable and the experience portion is now just essentially passive.

Besides that, what would you rather see on them?
My vote was for movement speed bursts.

I like the idea of a damage increase when you level for sure, and hope they will do more things like that along different angles.

Because obviously rested is near useless for most.

3 Likes

Actually thinking on this a bit, why not just copy all the generic inner ring Azerite traits and make them heirloom bonuses?
Resounding Protection(absorb)
Vampiric Speed(heal and temp speed after killing an enemy)
Longstrider(just tweak this to a flat % speed)
Impassive Visage(occasional heal when struck)

I just came up with a better system by not trying to reinvent the wheel… takes notes Blizz :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m happy they’re making them set bonuses. I mentioned in a previous forum post that I thought this would be a really cool addition!

However, the bonuses to rested XP seem so random and so counterproductive to the point of removing XP bonuses from Heirlooms. I felt that one of the points was to stop everyone from leveling at totally different paces and allow people to fully finish zones. While rested increasing rested XP doesn’t totally throw everything out of whack, it just seems counterproductive to the entire idea of it.

I thought it would be great to see a bonus that gives movement speed - Kill a mob that gives XP and get a 30% movement speed bonus… something like that. But taking off the bonus XP to give another form of bonus XP (albeit, not as impactful) seems so random… Reconsider!

1 Like

I like the idea of bonuses but all of the ones presented do not excite me because they don’t seem very useful. I’ve never felt I needed more out of combat regen and rested xp is so limited. Not very exciting.

I’d rather the bonuses have noticeable impacts on gameplay. The one for the stat bonus is a nice start but very limited on time. Something more like the below would get me excited:

1. Each mob killed increases unmounted movement speed by “x%” stacking up to “y” for “z” seconds. This buff is refreshed on next kill. This would motivate me to charge around a quest area or dungeon without needing to constantly mount and run 10 steps to dismount and enter combat again.

2. When surrounded by 3 or more enemies your family heirlooms call on the power of your ancestors for help stunning all enemies within “x” yards for “y” seconds. Cannot occur more than once every “z” seconds.

3. On your travels coming across an adventurer(actual other player) boost all players within “y” yards morale. Damage and health increased by “z” for “X” amount of time.

4. Creating a camp fire causes all nearby players to instantly earn “x%” rest xp usable every hour.

My point: give the set bonuses moments of impact that are exciting and can encourage interaction with others(it’s an MMO right?)

Come on devs get creative here. There are so many exciting opportunities with this heirloom system.

One last thought: Don’t forget the heirloom mount. Make something awesome happen with it.

3 Likes

The price of the heirloom upgrades needs to be nerfed. And the heirlooms need to be buffed somewhat to be as good or better than quest rewards and dungeon drops.

6 Likes

Based on past XP changes. They always tune XP to a super high gain rate during testing phases, then near the end of the testing cycle, they usually double it. I’m not even joking, go look at their previous beta documentation, they do it every expansion.

Looks fine to me unless the goal is to able to zip to max level in a single sitting.

The faster regen should allow pulling of massive packs of mobs with very little rebound time, which is kinda cool, and the rested XP consumption reduction means getting more XP out of each play session. Burst of Knowledge seems like a fun thing to spice up the grind, with the little mini-game to continually extend the buff.

I dunno, I’m pretty happy with it as someone who has paid for nearly all heirlooms and upgrades.

1 Like

Has mob farming been a thing in years?

I don’t want to heirlooms to be solo’ing at level dungeons OP again, but at least give us something for that god and/or time spent.

1 Like

I’ve come bearing math for you guys

One bubble of rested XP (5% of your current level) is earned for every 8 hours spent resting in an inn or city, or for every 32 hours spent logged off in another location. A maximum of 30 bubbles (150% of your current level) may be earned. This means that you can leave your character resting in an inn or capital city for up to 10 days (without gaining experience) before you earn the maximum amount of rest state. A fully-resting character stores up one full level of rest in 160 hours (6.67 days).

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rest#Storing_up_rest

1 Like

You probably wouldn’t be chain pulling huge packs, but it’d be useful for “kill X number of Y” quests as well as quests with annoying drop rates. Just round them all up and kill them in 1-2 shots.

They’ve also been advertising that this will be the case going forward.

Now will it be as fast as some of the beta players are doing it wherein you can be at SL content in a weekend like Drmephisto was reporting with him doing it in 12 hours? Probably not, but you will still be able to do it stupid fast.

These would be great if they buffed mob damage 200% (which they actually should, as a mage why am I tanking 6 mobs to the face in greens)

Overall, I think the set bonus should be

2 - Bonus experience is consumed 60% slower
4 - Extra hearthstone - does not share cool down (speed up quest turn in)
6 - Burst of speed - killing an enemy that grants XP increases your movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds.

And I get that’s what they’re advertising. Keep in mind they also promised us mounted combat (which was only partially delivered) and a dance studio in Wrath. They promised us the Path of the Titans in Cata. They promised us new cosmetic items like quivers and librams near the end of Warlords (and again, only partially delivered with artifact weapons). So forgive me if I don’t exactly buy into their advertising 100% when we’ve been burned many times before.

6 Likes

You send it to your bank toon who puts it in the bank. Pretty simple.