Heirloom Changes Discussion

They’ve been sneaking this by in all old content, which includes raids and dungeons. There are vanilla dungeons now that have heroic cata mechanics in them. And any 100 used to be able to solo firelands in wod. Now even the best-geared 100 couldn’t.

Just love how a level 5 troll is supposed to dps an elite, deal with adds, and do mechanics to complete a scenario to get out of the starting zone.

Or how a level 12 in silverpine forest is being cast on continuously by an elite, while their “helper” heals them for so little they can’t survive. That’ll teach them to use the interrupt they get in…60 levels.

Or several “important end of storyline quests” that require strong aoe from classes that don’t have it yet, having greatly increased mobs when level scaling was implemented.

2 Likes

So since having these XP bonuses is such a problem now, why does recruit a friend still have a 50% xp bonus…o wait because that brings in money.

3 Likes

I said before if Blizz wants me to buy the 50% xp buff just put it in the store lol

I hate doing RAF, you know how many emails I’ve made over the years? I have dozens of wow accounts just from making RAF. This was nice though when Blizz decided “let’s give out free 80s for people resurrecting accounts” :smiley:

But man I wish Blizz would just put the RAF rewards in the shop for how much you’d have to spend on RAF to get the reward.

4 Likes

My concern with the xp removal isn’t just about leveling in SL. Presumably in some future patch we’ll get to use heirlooms to level 50-60, then 60-65/70 in the next xpac, and again for how ever many xpacs we have after that. Even if we don’t “need” the xp boost now, losing the bonus these items provided negatively impacts us later.

Heck, most of my heirloom usage in a given xpac is taking toons #4 thru X from the previous level cap to the current one. By that point I’ve done the story/leveling content enough times that I just want to get through it as fast as possible. I suspect I’m not the only player that has invested in upgrading their heirlooms each xpac for exactly that scenario.

Ultimately there’s zero negative impact to the game or the player if they leave the xp bonuses intact no matter how fast it is to level without that bonus. Why Blizzard chooses to put their resources into making issues out of non-issues like this is beyond me. No set bonus is going to offset removing the xp boost, or the negative response created by making the change to begin with.

2 Likes

Fellas, imagine BEING IN THE BETA and still not having access to the forums to post about how atrocious these set bonuses are.

2 Likes

When I made the first post in response to these heirloom bonuses, I was simply slightly disappointed in what they gave us. Now that I’ve gained beta access (still no access to the beta forum yet, like you, Dreadsurge), I went to try them out this evening on 3 characters with full rested XP bars that I copied to the beta (a level 25 paladin [60 on live], 25 monk [60 on live], and a 10 warrior [20 live]). Either the actual bonus effects are not yet implemented though they set bonuses show up on the flavor text when you hover over an equipped heirloom; or, they are mostly completely worthless, and I’m even more disappointed.

I imagine that the 3-peice out of combat regen may be useful at times, but I felt like incoming damage in the expansions I went to (BFA, BC, Legion) was even lower than on live and the regen wasn’t need at all and wouldn’t have been useful in the two normal dungeons (Freehold & Atal’dazar) that I managed to get into on the monk. It might be useful in battlegrounds, but I assume those are not enabled or no one else in those brackets queued, since I never got a game to pop.

The 2 and 6-piece bonuses might as well not exist with the pace of leveling. Does it take longer to burn through rested XP? Sure, but you still burn through it pretty fast, depending on what you are doing. I felt before that these rested XP extension bonuses should be another type of bonus, and now I really think they do: they are simply trash. I would prefer something like a movement speed buff, but really I’d take almost anything that wasn’t this.

I will admit that the 5-piece (it says 4 in the blue post, but says 5 in game) sounds nice—really nice on a warrior with the buff plus two crusader procs, I imagine—but it just doesn’t last long enough. I don’t mind if this one stays, as long as there’s some re-tooling of the buff length, maybe with a reduction in the primary stat buff percentage to compensate. A primary stat buff isn’t really needed with the ease of most leveling content, but at least it wouldn’t be useless.

However, I will note that the 5-peice primary stat buff never proc’d even once while I was playing on those 3 characters, even if the items are listing the set bonuses on mouse over. Maybe none of them are enabled yet, since I had hoped that the rested XP consumption rate buff was at least noticeable.

I’d like to see a set bonus that gives a scaling mastery increase since it looks like they’re not adding it to looms on Beta.

1 Like

All of this.

Also they need to make the stats better.

1 Like

If you are in the Beta, but can’t post on those forums, try logging out of the forums, and logging back in. That has fixed it for many of us from the first Beta wave.

1 Like

My posting access to the beta forums simply worked this morning without having to log out, but it’s certainly good advice with things like that on here.

Nope. Still didn’t work. I still cannot post anything on any of the Beta forums.

I don’t care if they are powerful in pve. I’d just like to be taken somewhat seriously when I come to Blizzard with suggestions to fix these lackluster set bonuses.

2 Likes

I wish Blizzard would just remove heirlooms from the game entirely & give people some of their gold back. The only time I’d want to see leveling bonuses applied is if you’ve already done all the story quests and unlocked the Loremaster achievement for a particular zone. That way if you ventured into one of those zones on an alt whose not max level they’d get a small experience and speed boost, but upgrading your gear would still matter at low levels. You could even put an additional xp & speed boost on the Loremaster Tabard for those who’ve done all the quests in the game.

1 Like

Honestly they just need to make the stats much better then make sure they’re always the best armor while leveling and scale per level. (I’ve been told they scale only in level chunks right now) also stop scaling at 50.

After that they can think up set bonuses if they want but like what they are doing is useless in most situations.

1 Like

I didn’t use any heirlooms to level this toon or any toon in the last 2 xpacs. I really don’t care what they do with them.

1 Like

That was an amazingly useful contribution. I’ve never understood why people post just to say “I don’t use/do this thing, so I don’t care about it”.

Is this the post-count-increasing equivalent of “not posting”?

3 Likes

The spectral mounts for resurrecting were pretty cool in my book.

Change that to Versatility and I’d go for it.

1 Like

Yeah, this could help me recover my gold for all these heirloom upgrades.

1 Like

Why not both? :smiley:

2 Likes

I used my Looms alot, like i have ALOT of alts lol. The removal of XP bonus was fine in my eyes but the “new bonus” to the tier set of them is sad. Sad, sad ,sad, sad and a pathetic attempt to add value to a part of the leveling system. If you want them gone Blizz just remove them and give the player base some game time or something else.

I have seen some great idea’s in this thread Blizz:
Rep Bns
Port to dead body
Port to quest giver
2nd Hearthstone or a reduced timer on it
Flightmaster Whistle, all lvls
Gold/treasure increase
Auto Loot buddy
Auto grey vendor
Heirloom Bag
and more i cant’t think off top of my head.

Quality work comes from happy workers. Something a lot of business’s do not understand these days, as the higher ups reap the rewards of blue collar workers.

1 Like