Heirloom Changes Discussion

Might as well not have any buffs on the heirlooms at all, the ones proposed are pointless.

The rested xp is of little use unless you create a character weeks in advance of actually playing it. Even then you’d have to stop playing it for a week after the rested xp is consumed. This feels like a ploy to elongate time played metrics.

The regeneration buffs are pointless.

The damage buff for 2 minutes per level… uhhhh what? Usually we ding at the end of dungeons. What good is it going to do there?

These set bonuses are more insulting then not having anything at all tbh.

1 Like

I think when you’re a developer, it’s as important data to know how many players don’t care about something as it is to know how many care. Otherwise you have no sense of how to prioritize it.

Along those same lines it’s important to come to forums to say when you like something as it is when you don’t like something. otherwise all the “don’t likes” might distort how badly it’s disliked.

1 Like

Though I do care about the change—obvious, since I started this thread—Akio is right that those who agree perfectly with the bonuses Blizzard has put on heirlooms or those who do not care either way also should also be giving their opinion so that Blizzard has a basis to make a final decision on the topic.

This is why I feel everyone should have had access to the “official” thread. Plus, I think Blizzard should poll subscribers to gauge what kinds of buffs, if any, we would prefer on the heirlooms, and one of the selections should be “refund or partial refund” too, since that’s been brought up a lot. Do I think Blizzard will actually directly poll players on this? No, I don’t, I think they might make a few adjustments to the bonuses but, ultimately, go with the changes the design team prefers; however, it would be nice if they did do something like a poll to engage the player base in the decision.

3 Likes

not going to explain myself again I’ve said it in another thread like this.

bonuses are absolute trash… it feels they don’t even level anymore because they just use their gm’s to set themselves to max level.

I will take refunds at least 25-50% of the cost but not the garbage bonuses like they have on the beta.

1 Like

Unfortunately Blizzard will never poll the player base on anything, as it will give them a direct answer and then they have no way to skew/manipulate the data for there agenda.

1 Like

I have concerns about polls because people with multiple accounts can skew the data.

2 Likes

Holy cow, they did a poll!

Color me impressed, sadly it was a nothing poll, but it was a poll.

1 Like

Yeah I’m unaware of any other poll that’s been done lol

Another concern I have about polls is people with influence (Asmongold) getting people to vote a certain way.

2 Likes

Heirlooms should have a gold bonus.

2 Likes

Literally the only one of those set bonuses that seem useful is the burst of knowledge thing which still isn’t insane… Still waiting on my heirloom refund

1 Like

I do not like the rested xp buff. I would rather get speed buff or some sort of utility. Rested xp buff is very boring in my opinion feels like a waste. Also takes up 2 of the set bonuses. If it only took up 1 that would feel a little better.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a lot of alts, and most of them have full rested XP when I play them, but if they didn’t want us to have an XP bonus, I’m not sure why two of the bonuses are XP-related.

I’d much rather have some of the other utility ideas, similar to how we have a Chauffeured Chopper from level 1. Would love to see a flying equivalent.

1 Like

My play style, most of the time I level is from turning in quests or at the end of a dungeon. That Burst of Knowledge thing seems like it would be rather useless in practical situations.

5 Likes

I saw someone suggest making it a10-20 minute buff that your next attack procs the burst, and starts the 4 min timer from there. I feel like that would feel way better, since you’d be less likely to let it lapse without use, and it would encourage you to get back out there within 10-20 min.

3 Likes

I just thought, it would be hilarious if it procs in a neutral location, like Gadgetzan, hits an opposing faction player and triggers the guards to kill you.

1 Like

Yeah, that would likely be my luck every time. :skull: Though the set bonus text shows on heirlooms currently on the the beta, I have yet to see Burst of Knowledge actually show up at all after a level up on the 3 lower levels I checked. So…I don’t think it’s actually working, or I would see if I can get myself killed in this manner because I’m curious.

The time spent working on justice points to get a set when they first came out, only to log in one day and poof they been stripped of one of the main things you worked for.
To my surprise, you could get them for gold in IF. Now more changes along the same path.
This is going to upset many of the elite players, after doing that to the heirlooms, offer the same choice to buy raid sets or just their appearance for transmog.

2 Likes

I took a wait and see approach to this, wanting to see what they came up with. Seeing what they’ve done, it appears that they’re unwilling to replace the exp bonus with anything of equal value, for whatever reason. Unfortunately, they won’t just issue refunds either (for obvious reasons), so maybe just get rid of them and throw people a bone - transmog tokens, a mount, or something else interesting, and be done with it.

1 Like

I’ve posted how I feel of the bonus’s earlier. Though an alternative to the set bonus, or if they wish to keep them weak as they are. Give us a full set. Bracers, gloves, boots, belt. It would at least help offset the weaker set bonus, while allowing players who want to enchant the remaining gear pieces to do as they wish. At this point, I’d almost prefer the full set with enchants, vs the set bonuses they’ve given. The only decent set bonus is the 4 set for most players, and even then it’s fairly limited in power with it’s current duration.

2 Likes

My two cents as well. I’d like bonuses to be useful all the time, instead of when you have rested xp or just after you dinged. On the other hand I don’t want things too convenient so that when I hit level cap and heirlooms stop working I will feel worse.

1 Like