Healers should quit

The amount of CC in the game, mixed with the amount of damage melee cleaves can do makes it so not enjoyable to heal. I have plated resto druid for years, and I have never felt more at a disadvantage than I do this xpac. Why cant we put a dampening on CCs for the first few minutes of an arena? I get locked out sometimes from the fight for 15+ seconds, allowing my hots to completely drop off allies. Rated pvp just simply feels unplayable and not competitive.

Healing is not fun at all, and that is why there is an extreme shortage of healers in pvp.

66 Likes

No you

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of fun as healing priest in PvP. I think people don’t want to heal because it is seen as boring and people like seeing big Zug crits and numbers. But if you want to make the biggest impact in a random bgs, then healer is the best for that because if the other team doesn’t have a healer too, then your probably win every team fight. If you want to increase your odds of winning an arena match, then healer does that. If you don’t like waiting in queues at all and being able to join most arena teams in lfg without competition, then healer is the best. Healers like priest also feel pretty dynamic with both a defensive and offensive kit. For a casual right now in PvP, playing a healer is easily the best, most fun option for accessing game content.

2 Likes

Yea if you aren’t a top dps you should learn to heal. Find some good ppl to carry you.

Yup checkmate

1 Like

Already did, retail at least. Probably just me being a boomer, but there is just no incentive to play the game anymore unless you get lucky with the Blizz rng of what they decided to leave broken (when it comes to pvp). The non-meta classes/specs are so outclassed that unless you’re a multi r1 glad, you’re not going to have a fun time trying to make things work.

Couple that with the toxicity (lol at all the toxic dps complaining about long queue times), and the fact that for the vast majority of players, there is no prestigious award that can be obtained in wow these days unless you’re a 0.1% player, and you have a great recipe for driving players away

(e.g., every raid difficulty below mythic is a nerfed version of the raid, and to this extent, isn’t rewarding to clear, and making the raids this difficult alienates a lot more players than that 0.1% of players happy that can actually clear it/obtain their pve bis);

(e.g., if you don’t have the partners for getting glad, or if you aren’t a spec that is meta, there is virtually no incentive to pvp aside from maybe those going for elite set at 1800);

(e.g., running the same dungeons over and over as fast as you can with cycling modifiers, while some might enjoy it, is one lame a$$ end game in my opinion)

In Blizzard’s defense, the talent system, profession system, quest zones, dragonriding, etc., have been great, but they still don’t really give a flying F*** about pvp balance, so if pvp is your thing, good luck.

7 Likes

Lol you barely done any games. That’s why you’re having fun.

1 Like

Whining about raids and dungeons? Lol okay

Your Insignia was Yummy

Yeah, I wouldn’t blame any healer for quitting right now. Dampening is wild, everything has a MS, and 5,000 ways to stop you from trying to heal. I played 2 different people playing Rogue, and one playing Ele with R1 XP at 1600 MMR tonight (one even emote spammed, good job beating Ret/Rsham as Rogue/Evoker against all odds. xD). It’s not a fun role to play right now, that’s for sure. lol

10 Likes

Excluding evoker toolkit the healer playstyle moved away from solo saving dps to providing tools to dps that with coordinated group effort, awareness and no interruption on the healing rotation will prevent death.
Your average druid,priest,shaman or paladin defensive cooldown won’t prevent death unless the dps has the spatial awareness to line or prevent follow up cc on the healer. This is never the case in lfg arena or solo shuffle and leads to a miserable experience.

A good example would be lfg 3v3 last night where I faced holy/unholy/shadow which lead to an instant ranged 20 second cc chain on me follow by ranged interrupts that had to be avoided and two mind games in which my dps died and then commented something along the line of “a clone there would have been nice”.

TL;DR
If arena would be a car crash healers used to be the roll cage preventing injuries but nowadays they’re more like a seat belt and ultimately it’s not in their hands if you use the seat belt or not.

24 Likes

This response is spot on, thank you

Sometimes I wish we could just go back to times where we don’t have all this %healing reduction abilities stacked on class abilities…I feel like it would make healing feel a bit more rewarding but who knows…I’m just tired and rambling.

3 Likes

I feel similar, there is a lack of healers for a reason. The role is not rewarding at all when dampening and playing around CCs is the entire gameplay. It sucks.

4 Likes

Hey man, im terrible player and all I do is arena… I jsut do it for fun… although I am a masochist.

I got flamed for saying melee has far too much in their kits right now. They probably need to remove some baseline abilities and toss them far down in the talent tree. Not sure if that would even fix it. Make them sacrifice damage for CC, that’s usually how it is supposed to go. Right now they are all CC machines that suffer no downtime or damage decrease.

5 Likes

idk what you mean but when i swap from my hpal/rsham and log on rdruid i feel like an OP heal god until later in dampening

2 Likes

You have to be to want to heal solo shuffle as anything other than preservation evoker or rdruid. That is the reason I uninstalled though (creates a barrier for me to not continue toxic relationship with retail wow), the game for me personally, just isn’t fun (e.g., from the perspective of someone who only does no-voice arena/rss/lfg queueing, it just isn’t fun when your spec is miles behind the pack).

Aside from the toxic replies about getting good, or citing random examples of people making things work, etc., that’s great. I’m at a point with wow that I no longer have a tolerance for trying to make things work when my class/spec is trash (or subpar). WoW arena may be unique, but as far as pvp games go, it’s trash/unfun whenever your spec isn’t performing, especially when well directed nerfs/buffs to clearly broken classes/specs are no where to be seen.

I guess more than anything, the relationship that I have had with retail wow lately has just been an incredibly toxic one, and to the point that it affects my mental health. I keep coming back when I feel better, thinking that maybe it will be different this time, just to relive/experience the same horrible and frustrating way time and time again.

Again, probably a boomer take, but I don’t want to play (and shouldn’t be playing) any game that makes me feel worse after sitting down to play it. Games are meant to be fun (at least I’d like to think so), so it’s really that simple as far as my decision to continue playing or not.

5 Likes

Yep, every class has a stun, blind, and kick. When you aren’t in CC, you have to be ready to juke all the kicks as well.

2 Likes

On demand stuns need to have some sort of opportunity cost or downside to them. They are free, don’t break, and don’t interrupt your rotation at all.

1 Like

just do the big brain thing and play triple dps and fall over to a forum team that commissioned some random shaman