Healers really need some help

It’s all just stuns, fear, silence, more stuns, slows, etc. I can barely cast a hot before i drop dead during the stun. How can we be effective teammates when we’re just stunned, stunned, stunned, stunned, stunned, stunned, stunned, stunned, stunned?

It’s about to the point where i’m ready to unsub because of it.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’ve had bad dps teammate luck. They should be preventing a lot of what you’re experiencing.

1 Like

If you’re positioning well this shouldn’t be a giant issue. Like it does suck as you will be the focus of it, but positioning is a huge part of it.

If one of your dummy dps over extend and start to die, it’s not worth you pushing to the front to top them. You might lose a dps if they die but you will lose the fight if you get no heals out and die.

This is kind of the downside of current game balance. You’re either stunlocked into oblivion and feel like you can’t do anything, or you’re an unstoppable god who can last forever. It just feels like there’s no in between.

I’m going to guess that your ilvl is a little on the lower side. Once you bring yourself up to 460+, you’ll probably feel a lot better about your role.

5 Likes

Healers are literally -fine-.

OP Why you complaining?

1 Like

We throw everything we have against healers because they are raid bosses, that decide the fate of a battle. If we dont kill you or stop you from healing with everything we have, we lose.

Maybe if Blizzard tuned healers to not be such powerhouses, then not every dps would try their best to shut them down, and not make them their priority target.

Healing needs to be strong, but not THAT strong.

7 Likes

Because you are the focus of cc… It does suck to try and play when you’re perma locked down.

Plus just wait for people to buy 5 gushing wounds… Healing through that is going to be great fun.

With corruption, I literally at times watch top tier arena players 100-0 people with CC only on the healer. Sure, sometimes Gushing is fine but, quite literally. This is insane.

1 Like

Well we have to kill the healers in team fights or else we are toast … it’s the job of your DPS to keep you safe .

1 Like

/GREATER HEAL SPAM WEEEEEEE~

I see the big Red Cross on top and throw everything I have at them. Lasso, Hex, Cap , Thunderstorm. No need to kill them as long as they are not healing , my job is done .

1 Like

it’s a bg, dying is a part of that, and i’m fine with it. It’s the whole being unable to do anything at all that’s getting to me. If i’m in the back i’m rogue, druid bait. I’m sure it’s different in premades where people understand that no heals = no win, but in random bg’s, it’s just an “every man for himself” attitude followed by whining about no heals, no teamplay, etc.

3 Likes

Why didn’t you post on your healer? What class are you?

If you post on your healer, maybe we can offer you some tips based on your character. I think healing is fine for the most part.

Healers are good, you just probably have no gear. As someone else said, a geared and skilled healer is basically a mini boss even with corruptions.

I wish more people thought like you. Most of them are complete idiots that’ll blow cooldowns into some ranged dps while a pally with wings is free casting.

1 Like

And the vast majority of the time they will be insta squished. Seriously if you’re getting cc’d that much I am certain your positioning needs work. Literally hang in the back and hug your spriest/warlock/mage.

Harder for them to miss if you’re right by them when they open. Also makes the rogue/druid less likely to open, they’re chicken poops lol

Depends on the healer honestly. A shaman monk or druid will have no trouble getting good positioning in an open map. A priest or pally? Not so much.

The only one I could see wanting to ever be up close is pally due to mastery… Still freedoms and bops stuns/moving away shouldn’t be that hard?

A priest can still hug your ranged dps?

Honestly positioning as a healer is super important and because you’re the focus it’s way more punishing when you position poorly. I don’t have many issues with cc in bgs. Trying to keep myself and others alive with the sheer amount of damage out there is hard as hell. I don’t feel perma cc’d until I que 3s into mld.

To your point about damage: Yeah when it comes to healers you definitely need to be geared. With all the damage out there this patch if you aren’t geared you’ll flop. :woman_shrugging:t2: Skill comes next after gear that involves positioning as you said, juking, using defensives correctly.