Healers are OP

In my opinion, healers have too much health for the amount of utility they provide. You no longer need to peel for them, as they’re pretty much tanks.

Please feel free to tell us why you think healers are op.

If you wish to argue that they aren’t, you’re free to do so as well.

3 Likes

Healers will always be OP, even if they start an expansion not so much like in SL.

Soon enough they will stroll through DPS insta casting their heals and patting enemy players on the head as they tank all the damage. Kinda has to be this way though otherwise (at least for randoms where no one peels or etc) healers insta die. Hard to find that balance… :bomb:

(Unless you are MW Monk, sorry guys, just reroll priest/pal and you are a god. :kissing_heart:)

I just don’t want to see BFA levels of healer superiority. PLZ blizz noh. :pray: :no_entry_sign:

Not all healers looking at you Mistweavers

6 Likes

I think healers need to be OP. The game is based around 3s in pvp. If one dps is able to run someone into the ground in a few seconds ( which they currently can do ) it becomes impossible when 2 dps are doing it.

Playing a healer right now is extremely difficult. Not because the game is hard. But because it is incredibly easy to pump damage out as a dps. As of right now numbers are very overinflated on both sides. This makes it where a simple mistake or a slightly slower reaction time ends the match for you right away.

Even in mythic pluses healers simple can not heal the damage output tanks need to kite. It’s the same thing in pvp. If 2 dps are going to tunnel into something that healer will not be able to keep it alive without some type of outside aid. Be it defensive cooldowns, peels, or surprise surprise… kiting to prevent dps.

I do think there are situations where healing is broken yes. But right now damage is out pacing it way more.

Should I be able to convoke 1 person Los in arena and do 75k damage to him… probably not. But with the way damage out put is. It all seems fine and relative. Each class and spec ( minus the clearly under tuned ones ) has their own overpowered garbage that when used in the right moment is sooooo beyond broken. I think it’s fair that healers have theirs in the form of survival or keeping someone alive.

It would be nice to see more balance amungts the healers though. Right now paladin is sooo far ahead in every aspect.

8 Likes

A 215 disc is basically immortal. It shouldnt be this way. And they still do pretty decent damage too. Really demoralizing to play correctly and they facetank the damage.

Same with hpal. I’ve taken 5k hits from a HEALER. Its stupid.

3 Likes

The ONLY two healers who need… tuning, are Disc Priests, and Holy Paladins.

5 Likes

Agreed. OP needs to play a R Druid, MW Monk, and H Priest for a while imo.

6 Likes

https://media2.giphy.com/media/dUHoK91t7BSBma9HCZ/200.gif

3 Likes

Lol nah, it’s been fun actually being able to execute kill a Rsham or Holy Paladin lately. I hope the burst meta is here to stay.

I think people go into matches and just panic when healers don’t drop dead after 10 seconds, it’s a process. You have to oom them first or coordinate a kill window.

A healer should beat a raw dps class in a duel almost every time. Let’s factor out all the out playing and skill. And punch for punch the healer should be able to slowly kill the dps before he runs out of mana fighting.

The hybrid dps class should be able to survive the healers damage for the most part. Enough self healing to sustain “lighter” damage. But should not be able to sustainably heal the damage from the true dps class.

The pure dps class should have enough burst or sustained dps that it can overwhelm the hybrid by doing more damage than it can fully heal. And have more total damage output when going punch for punch.

Not exactly a rock paper scissors. But something similar. Hybrid specs or specs with lots of utility should not be doing more damage than classes without. Realistically warriors with full up time should do more damage than monks with full up time. And so on. And paladin tanks with full healing up time. Should not be on par with full healer specs with full up time.

The meta is very out of whack right now because all of these classes need to be competitively balanced. But in reality they aren’t and never will be. Especially in a 1v1 situation.

1 Like

Well we all know the way it’s going to pan out. DPS classes will be nerfed and healers will once again be like gods.

It’s boring gameplay, basically no point in attacking a healer on your own, unless it’s just to control the healer out of the game. Which is what I try to do, I don’t worry about killing the healer it’s about keeping them so busy so they cant concentrate on their team.

Yah abbab I’m not a big fan of only killing healers in burst windows. I wish dps was toned down a bit in burst windows and increased a bit outside of them. But we’ll see what happens. Living and dying by cooldowns has its ups and downs also.

The pace of the game is probably a little too fast for most. But this is better than what it has been!

1 Like

When a higher ilvl dps dominates people, they seem to accurately determine ilvl power differences as a major issue and blame that.

When a higher ilvl healer tanks lower ilvl DPS, the entire role of healing is OP and needs to be nerfed into oblivion?

3 Likes

I think it would be nice if they added an option for a no healer arena or battleground.

2 Likes

No healer battlegrounds are sooooo terrible. Ranged and hybrids dominate them.

When you queue up for a random battle ground and get no healers in it. And you’re playing a warrior. You have a terrible time.

2 Likes

I think warrior is the only class in the game that requires babysitting. I mean, anyone else seems to be able to survive on their own.

1 Like

It just really sucks to have a warlock put full dots on you and know in 16 seconds you’re gonna be dead if you can’t clear them for some classes.

All the more reason I want to get a full team of nothing, but ret paladins with the divine storm legendary.

They are not that op any dps that have a couple brain cells can focus down an op healer . Just depends if your team is willing to focus .

If you wanna cry about “op” do it about balance druids and wog of ret /prot pallies that’s what needs a nerf . Not rogues , not healers .

1 Like

I’ve seen one of your kind with like 21k health. And was totally unkillable 1 vs 1, until he got really really overconfident and walked up to me in the open while he had berserk buff. I spellstole it from him, and then used rune of power + icy vein, and that did it.

To beat dogpoop geared disc priests, you need around 7-9k dps. It’s ridiculous. I actually screamed “F U” when I brought him down.

I play as frost, so maybe that’s why they’re harder to kill. But killing healers is a freakin task. And that’s not even one of those 215 item level + healers that roam the streets at night.

1 Like