Healer ranks based on skill cap?

what’s your opinion on healers, ranked easiest to hardest?

i’ve played disc priest, hpal, rsham, and mistweaver. never took the dive on druids. personally i thought disc was the highest skill cap, followed by rsham, and hpal/mistweaver were a bit of a wash. perhaps mistweaver is a bit easier. seems like people have a lot of different opinions on this though, so I thought i’d see what you guys think.

That order is correct. Massive respect for disc/Rsham.

3 Likes

I would say without a doubt MW is easiest with next easiest being hpal.

I don’t know about the rest. My gut feeling is that shaman has the highest cap, but it doesn’t matter in BfA with the current reliance on pack spirit. When shamans have been overtuned recently it was due to mindless spells like spirit link, riptide, and ghost wolf.

I think when druid is balanced properly it gets punished harder than other healers for not predicting damage and not pre-shifting to bear form. Overgrowth has nullified this somewhat.

I would say right now disc has the highest skill floor because of the need to win games quickly but skill floor != skill cap.

Theres no right answer for this question tbh. Every healer spec in the game has its braindead disgusting moments and they all could be considered similar in terms of skill cap. Some healers like MW and Hpal are the easier healers to play for new players but at the end of the day there is always some thing a healer should know what to do.

Skill cap in BFA for a healer really is just having good positioning and not blowing your mana/cds at times where you don’t need to.

3 Likes

Rsham just lacks output

Disc still needs mana adjusted and ooms too quick. Outside that they are fine

Pretty much this. There just aren’t enough buttons or ways for people to differentiate their style of play. It kind of comes down to scripted gameplay and knowing what you SHOULD do in a situation, not what you could do. People seem to think that as long as you press fear, or poly, or use kick or stun and it wasn’t DR or something, that it means it was used right not even realizing there would have been a better opportunity to use it.

rdruid by far highest skill cap

skill cap =/= easy to succeed with, but how much difference is between a noob and for ex kubzy, just look at the tools and how many mistakes you can potentially make with them

5 Likes

rsham>rdruid>disc>hpal>hpriest>mw
hardest to play at a high level to easiest imo
theres just so much more that shaman and druid can do like purging/kicking or rake opening as feral affinity or disc using mc to stop defensive cd’s like cocoon from landing on right person, other healers just have some cc and stay way back most times

Probably true as both rsham and rdruid have the most utility out of healers.

Prolly something like

Disc>rsham>hpal>mw>rdruid

Generally though, healers, any healer really if you screw up that’s either a loss or they pull big cds outta your team.

I think Rdruid would be the hardest if they weren’t so broken and forgiving. Shapeshift spam also needs to cost mana

2 Likes

I’m fine with that as long as polymorph has a 15s CD - landing or not, just like Hex. Deal?

I agree with this but i’d put Druid before Shaman. Druid is one of those classes where you watch the best in the world single handedly dominate and win games by themselves and then you go to play the druid and you get instantly one shot inside a stun.

The reason druid is the hardest is because they are easily the most vulnerable of all the healers…a single mistake and you’re gone. You have more utility than any other healer but knowing how and when to use takes a very high skill cap.

Like shaman druids don’t really have a great “oh sh*t” defensive and if you fall behind its really really really hard to catch up. Your throughput is great but only if you manage swiftmends properly…so if you mismanage swiftmends your output is worse than even rsham.

Shaman has high skill cap too but I put them behind druids because its 9 million times easier to survive being trained as a shaman than it is as a druid.

Broken and forgiving? They are easily…EASILY the least forgiving healer in the game. Clearly you’ve never played one.

soul of the forest regrowth babyyyyyyyy

I’m talking if you are caught in a CC chain outside your trinket and your hots fall off…SoF regrowth isn’t nearly as good without hots up and even then it’s two globals that someone could still die in. Nothing like life cocoon or BoP, or Sac

Generally how hard i say a healer is is based on how op they are at the current time. Like can we really say disc was the most skill-cap healer s1 of bfa, they were stooopid busted. Naw i dont think so. Right now rdruids just have so many things and the healing output to pack it up.

Get snared? shift either into a tank or 40% movement speed WHILE clearing all snares. Get snared again? nbd just shift again. Btw you prolly have hots rolling on yourself so, its not like your doing no healing while that is all going on. If a MW gets caught they’re screwed.

Caught out in the open? meh dosent matter just shift the poly.

Need to drink? they’re the best at it with their mobility to first get away, and second get back to the fight quickly, oh and they can stealth drink too.

Easy defensive to rotate, i mean ironbark what is it? 1 min? extremely strong defensive cd. Thats it. Easy to rotate cd with their dps, dosent have to be situational when using their defensive, like say a holy paladin or resto shammy.

Behind on healing? Whatever, SoTF + swiftmend is a layon hands practically every 45 seconds?

Btw ANY healer can die in a stun if their dps dont peel. Also arguably some of the best CC of any healer too, with rake stuns, bash and cyclone which is undispellable AND unhealable. Along with thorns some of the best utility in the game.

Honestly dude, what any healer can do they can do better right now(except purge lmao). Rdruids really did survive the prune much much better than other classes. They really do have MASSIVE about of utility with the forgiveness of their mobility, healing output, and defensive on a short CD.

Id say MW or Disc priest right now are some of the most vulnerable healers. MW is uberrrrr squishy, and disc priest cant kite at all. Other healers have to do more with less which is why i put rdruid at the bottom right now.

The question is about skill cap. You’re looking at minimal skill required to perform at a reasonable level, which is different.

Not being pruned is an argument FOR druids having a high skill cap.

1 Like

Not really, your saying someone who has more options and more forgiving mechanics is more skillful. That is not true nor more skillful.

Rdruids in s1 after their nerfs and before their buffs, sure they were prolly the most skillful cuz you had to use all of that stuff to its max potential. But that is not the case in the classes current state.

Disc by far, the pinnacle of skill for healer in this game was disc priest in wrath of the lich king

1 Like