Heads up, stop farming corruption + essences

stop wasting time farming corruption + cape stuff ranks or core + essences because blizz is removing it all in shadowlands pre-patch. No point in doing this or gearing your alts anymore. You are now free of that grind at least, just focus on making gold or getting stuff from old content.

devs stated this twice-thrice today

This also forces everyone to buy SL
If you don’t buy SL well you are out of luck because without corruption essences ect you are going to have a way tougher time staying in BFA content raids dungeons ect lol…

2 Likes

but big monsterrrr

4 Likes

Nice try buckaroo but ya ain’t pullin a fast one on me!

8 Likes

Until you go in a bg and get romped on

2 Likes

Let people do what they find fun.

2 Likes

we’ve known since day 1 of each of these that they’d be gone come SL. blizz removing borrowed power in the prepatch shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

in this case, I think it’s going to feel super abrupt, no more Twilight Dev mowing down mobs. rip.

5 Likes

nah, Wod trinkets and effetcts worked til la certain lvl in Legion and legion legendaries worked in island expeditions and up to lvl 115 in bfa, alot thought corruption ect would be the same case. Meaning corruption and essense in torghast till 55 was what most thought.

1 Like

Yeah, we got straight spoiled by the corruption deeps, but I think everyone knew these would all disappear – the neck, the essences, the corruptions, the azerite gear…all of it. The day we step into SL, it’s all gone, just like every previous expansion.

If you’re enjoying the current systems at all, keep playing with them. If you hate everything about them, go farm old achievements or whatever blows your hair back until pre-patch hits.

3 Likes

Good. Maybe BG’s can be some fun again without stupid corruptions killing everyone.

Given we’re looking at likely a December release, so from now to December, that’s about 5 months.

Yeah, you could just stop playing for 5 months, or just try to farm transmogs or accumulate wealth.

Or you could become powerful within that 5 month period.

But I’m really enjoying hitting someone with 1 serpent sting and watching half their hp bar melt under my 7 gushings and random damage procs

So…what? 3 months from now at least?

Oh noes.

you mean september = prepatch
october= launch

its out in start of Q4 and in fall is whats stated, most countries consider nov-march winter

nice try tho, in trying to make sure theres less players able to reach SL launch due to the pandemic being its worst in fall.

Shrug either way, you’ve got two months to play.

Blizzard please nerf Hawkins meme cloud

1 Like

I do it to become more effective in bg’s. It kind of works but I lack skill and get brain freeze and there’s no gear or essence that’s going to help with that, lol.

Still, I try so I’ll keep on getting as much as I can.

Its not 5months. In 10weeks we will reach max cloak resistance. So i recon we will get the prepatch on the 22nd of September with a release date for Shadowlands on the 15th of december

For soloists wondering what they need for legion raid I did Nighthold as MM lonewolf and ran full clear normal last night. She’s not really corrupted and just has cloak as is from end of the pick up quest. 445 is her ilevel.

Visions aren’t my thing…what was needed to complete the quest was what was done.

Essence wise I have the gimme one from magni and the gimme from the desert dude as part of the cloak story. No side essences.

Soo…that can at least dps its way through if looking at balance of power complete runs without a pet tank. Even dps’s the dude who really likes his plants before he could whip out the plant CC/attack combo you have break out of or it kicks your butt quick

By that logic we should never do any content ever, because it’s going to be removed eventually

1 Like

Oh well, it is all still a good time killer. Besides, I need a few 100k of obsolete currency when I enter the next expansion. No need to break with tradition.