Heads up for Hunters

Good thing they are going for 2006 then huh?

From glancing at patch notes looks like the scatter and trap DR’s were a thing in ~1.10 and later… so as of 1.12 (what they are going for) its correct.

6 Likes

That’s actually possible because the actual original servers are now long gone and the interaction between software and hardware is not always consistent.

As for the software being accurately saved, I don’t doubt they lost any original data.

Just that the modern hardware is not playing nice with the old software and potentially has caused some odd hickups that are now being duplicated in Classic…

1 Like

Stuns and Disorients sharing DR… righto.

The sprinting/charge over traps being announced as “working as intended” pisses me off however.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain I remember my rogue being taken out of stealth by frost traps. I don’t know which patch though, or if it was like that during the entirety of vanilla.

1 Like

Good to hear but the ending statement. . . I have to reroll.

“We can never guarenter when or if these will be fixed.”

2 Likes

Translation: “We are going to to leave hunters and warlocks permanently broken but we don’t care because we only made classic to protect our IP”

7 Likes

Right.

They have the 1.12 client… yet had to be corrected by a player on their damage calcs.

1 Like

They’re talking about the icon for it. When you open your character menu, sometimes the icon for the quiver is appearing where your bow or gun would be equipped.

1 Like

Accuracy compared to what? They have the original software with the original code. If you’re going off some youtuber or pserver stuff then I’d rather trust Blizzard’s data any day of the week comparatively.

4 Likes

They always did. Just like warrior debuff shouts.

2 Likes

Ok, that makes more sense. It would be funny if someone was holding an actual quiver on their character model.

They always did. As did things like Demo Shout/Piercing Howl. You don’t have to do damage to remove a rogue from stealth.

2 Likes

Translation: “WOAH SPELL BATCHING SO COOL TWO MAGES CAN SHEEP EACH OTHER… WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT SCREWS EVERYTHING ELSE UP?”

3 Likes

Got a link on that or still pulling stuff out of someplace behind you?

I do remember this.

I mained a warrior in Vanilla, and that’s why after placing a trap, hunters always kited in a straight line exactly parallel to the placement of the trap, so that when I used Intercept I went right over their ice trap and they could bandage etc.

Sometimes it didn’t happen and honestly, that was just Vanilla sometimes. Things didn’t work always.

4 Likes

It’s true if it’s what I’m thinking of

You should be able to find it in the Beta forums.

What I think he’s talking about is weapon speed coefficients.

They normalized weapon speed in Vanilla but players were able to calculate that Classic was using Retails coefficients.

Other than that it’s just normal bugs you’d expect.

1 Like

Oh, I know. The point is to use beta to help uncover things you might have overlooked.

My specific question to this troll is to point out that his hypothesis that Blizzard can’t be trusted to do anything and that pserver’s are far superior is bullocks.

However, if a player feels something is off they report it. Dev’s check it and then go to the client which is the “single source of truth” not memories or pservers

1 Like

I remember very distinctly that certain quivers showed on your hunters character model in vanilla.

Oh? Which ones? Because the character model only displays gear (armor) and weapons.

Found one ref shot but I can’t remember myself. I have a memory somewhere in the back of my brain that says they were supposed to show or some could or something. But I don’t trust my memory.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quiver#/media/File:Light_Quiver.jpg