HCT LXVI Less Stable Slots NOW!

796/800 first aid.
07/14/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Whim
796/800 first aid.
800/800!
Whelp, ended up with all 3 hunter mage towers, protadin, guardian and feral druid, affliction, outlaw and fury. I'd say not a bad haul.
07/16/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Firekatkid
Whelp, ended up with all 3 hunter mage towers, protadin, guardian and feral druid, affliction, outlaw and fury. I'd say not a bad haul.
Gratz!
07/03/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Natesanders
...I've been maining a Hunter since 2006, none of that is new.

So you are aware of how bad hunter will be in BFA, spread the word and reroll.

tf hunter is strong as !@#$ on beta right now
07/16/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Whim
07/16/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Firekatkid
Gratz!

Thanks. Got the ones I actually wanted, but then saw how easy it was to get feral, afflic and fury. Said screw it and whelp, there ya go!
Hail, Eurugan here, was sorta planning on doing this expac on a dk, still sorta the reliable dps who is reliable tank when our other one goes missing, atleast, thats what im expecting to happen if ominous still raids this expac.

Also, character not found.... better than what i initialy logged into (all characters missing, and battle net didnt regester me as having any characters) But still kinda anoying that i cant get onto enything. But its patch day, so problems were expected, and they got a week before prepatch starts.

Im tempted to return to hunter if we have enough reliable tanks this expac, although frost looks fun.

Demon hunter... alot of the stuff i liked got taken away. And what took its place wasnt that interesting. But i will prob play around on it some during the pre patch to see what i missed.

Hows everyone feel about their class changes?
07/17/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Sindegrosa

Well, given that ranged survival was my fav spec ever, they could literally do anything to Hunter, as long as I still can shoot a bow while I have a useful pet, and I could live with it. It's all I got left, son.
07/17/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Sindegrosa
From what I have been seeing on Alph/Beta, not too bad, or at least not bad enough for me to just quit.
I have no idea if I should take animal companion or killer instinct. I tend to prefer passives.
07/17/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Rainfish
I have no idea if I should take animal companion or killer instinct. I tend to prefer passives.

Animal companion all the way for me. Been waiting too long to have two pets to give it up now.
So I shelfed my hunter for all of Legion up until the end here to do the mage towers. Still hated MM and BM, which was why I shelfed him originally. But after playing SV for the first time I actually kind of enjoyed it, and then Pre-patch hit... It definitely plays smooth but its pretty simple? MM still feels too slow for me and BM is mostly the same. I just want to enjoy my hunter again.

On another note hows everyone doing? Glad to see our age old HCT tradition is still going and I see some familiar faces here still.
07/19/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Jonke
So I shelfed my hunter for all of Legion up until the end here to do the mage towers. Still hated MM and BM, which was why I shelfed him originally. But after playing SV for the first time I actually kind of enjoyed it, and then Pre-patch hit... It definitely plays smooth but its pretty simple? MM still feels too slow for me and BM is mostly the same. I just want to enjoy my hunter again.

On another note hows everyone doing? Glad to see our age old HCT tradition is still going and I see some familiar faces here still.
I'm wondering if Haste will speed things up. They both feel slow, even after 110, but I have been mostly SV since it's not quite as slow and it has the ease of BM (I sprained my wrist) which is good for me at the moment.
So when I am MM, things die faster when I have a pet out than when I use LW. The pet could be on passive and things die quicker.
Trying to hit Honor level 30 as a MM. On one hand, I'm happy because MM is fully mobile except for Aimed Shot...and this is where my difficulties begin. I remember arguing for it, I can understand the logic behind it, and I can preach about effective economy of movement when I raid, but it really really hurts when I'm being chased down by some rogue and yanked back and forth by some angry DKs that're salty that I can peg them from more than 50 yards out.

I'd like to say that Sniper Shot has generally been making my day because 70 yards worth of range is completely LOL but Jesus, once those silly melee get a bead on me, it's just a shame I can only concussive shot one at a time. Maybe I just need to learn how to PVP better, because Honor level 80 is looking a loooong ways off.

Oh, and Trueshot sucks now.
So, long story short:

Camp got cancelled nearly two weeks early, and I got a new teaching job that I'm starting in a few days.

The reason camp got cancelled is the Ferguson fire. The fire is about 15 miles away from the camp (as the crow flies), give or take. The camp is safe from the fire, due to the Railroad fire last year (that fire burned down 80% of the land surrounding the camp -- which means there's currently no fuel for fires anytime soon). However, the wind has been blowing the smoke and ashes unceasingly into the camp ever since the Ferguson fire started.

(It's been, what, three weeks now. Perhaps closer to a month.)

The smoke is so bad, we've had a solid week of the air quality being rated as "hazardous." (Which is especially unfortunate for the staff who work outside full-time... like me and my team.) My dad, as the second-in-charge (and the acting boss, since the camp have yet to find a new executive director), decided to cancel camp on Wednesday and send the campers home. He also cancelled the next (and final) week of camp.

(On Wednesday, when camp was cancelled, Dad went and found my team specifically to tell us to not to work, since we've had perhaps the most exposure to the smoke out of all the staff. That was a very easy day; we literally just sat at the gates and directed the parents where to go to pick up their kids.)

(I wasn't kidding about the ashes. We've had ashes raining on us for, like, 8 or 9 days now. Yes, my eyes stung constantly.)

SO... I'm back home! Lemme tell you, my cat is very happy to have me back home.

Oh yeah, and I went for an interview on Tuesday (the day before Dad cancelled camp), and half an hour after the interview, I got the job offer. I'm trying to not to freak out too much... but I don't know what to expect. I start this Wednesday. Gahh.

On to the subject of WoW and Hunters, though: I'm pretty happy with the 8.0 MM Hunter! I've always admitted, and I will continue to, that I'm generally a pretty flexible player; I was happy with MM through Vanilla to MoP. WoD was a jarring change, but I eventually adjusted and I still had enough fun with it.

(I hated Legion MM so much, you guys. So much.)

I feel that the devs took a huge step in the right direction with BFA MM... sure, there's a few rough edges and spots and what-not, but generally I'm pretty happy with it! I had no idea I missed old MM that much until I sat down, logged on, and started playing. I literally thought, "Oh, this is the playstyle I've played for 11 years. I've missed this."

I do feel sorry for the other class mains, though, who now have to go through what we suffered in Legion.
Well Gnarn's either going into the AH or I am going to make my wife go Horde to get it.
Gnarnā€™s?

So this is going to sound crazy, but the second Magā€™Har shaman makes themselves available, Iā€™m going to make myself a new main alt. :)
07/30/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Kabbie
Gnarnā€™s?

So this is going to sound crazy, but the second Magā€™Har shaman makes themselves available, Iā€™m going to make myself a new main alt. :)
The wolf mount from WoD.
07/30/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Whim
07/30/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Kabbie
Gnarnā€™s?

The wolf mount from WoD.

I won't put it in the AH just yet. The WoD mounts (that drops from those world bosses) are still dirt cheap.

I would recommend holding onto any extra wolves and gronns you've got until we're a fair bit into BFA -- by then, the price should rise. At least, I hope.